Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just patched and now game wont work. Only hear music

colep53colep53 Member Posts: 140

So im new to EVE just go out of 21 day trial and bought the game. I patched today and now the game wont start. The Apocrypha logo shows then i see EVE on my bar but the game does not run i just hear the music. I tried clearing my cache but that did not work. I also tried starting in safe mode but that did the same thing. Any ideas?

-Gosh you're cute. Wanna buy a monkey?

Comments

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by colep53

So im new to EVE just go out of 21 day trial and bought the game. I patched today and now the game wont start. The Apocrypha logo shows then i see EVE on my bar but the game does not run i just hear the music. I tried clearing my cache but that did not work. I also tried starting in safe mode but that did the same thing. Any ideas?

Do you ever get to the login prompt? Or just the splash screen?

A friend of mine had a similar issue (wouldnt go past the splash screen) and he ended up having to reinstall...

• colep53colep53 Member Posts: 140
    Originally posted by Cammy

Originally posted by colep53

Do you ever get to the login prompt? Or just the splash screen?

A friend of mine had a similar issue (wouldnt go past the splash screen) and he ended up having to reinstall...

Yeah just go to the splach screen and thats it.

-Gosh you're cute. Wanna buy a monkey?

• ZykeZyke Member Posts: 335

I'd reinstall.

The good thing about EvE is the client isn't that big. You can redownload the entire thing in an hour or two depending on your connection speed. That usually fixes the issue.

• qwenidenqweniden Member Posts: 151

If your client sits minimized in the taskbar when you start it, it can often be restored just by pressing the Alt+Enter key at the same time. If that doesn't do it or if it happens again this can usually be solved by clearing your cache and settings folders, even if the client has already been reinstalled. For this, please follow these steps:

1. Close all your EVE clients

2. Use the shortcut "Windows Key + R" to open the Run window

3. In the "Open" field paste the following depending on your operating system:

Windows XP: %USERPROFILE%Local SettingsApplication DataCCP

Windows Vista: %LOCALAPPDATA%CCP

4. Rename the folder "EVE" to "EVEBackup"

5. Launch the game again, and see if the issue persists.

6. If it persists, just delete the new "EVE" folder created and rename "EVEBackup" to "EVE" in order to recover your settings.