Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i just wasted 2 WoW retail Boxes

kilaikilai Member Posts: 32

I bought 2 WoW retail boxes and i cannot create an account.

I know somebody talked about that subject in a previews thread

but i cannot locate that thread. I know some ppl tried their MasterCard

With an Aussi zip code and it worked but mine is not working.

I'm just showing my regret not been able to play WoW

**crying** Sorry for the bad post

Dan

Comments

• GleebGleeb Member Posts: 63

what do you mean?

are you a Euro guy trying to play on US servers? becouse if not turn to blizzard theyll manage somthing

• royalsegoroyalsego Member Posts: 18

why would u buy 2 WoWs? just doesnt make sense, u cannot make account, so u buy another WoW.

you make account at: www.worldofwarcraft.com

• kilaikilai Member Posts: 32

ok i'm not in US and not in Euro.

THe other box is for my friend. Neither i or him can create account becoz

blizzard keep saying for my CC ( you are trying to play in North America. But you aren't here

you have to wait untill the game is released in your region) I don't want to play in Euro i want

to play in US. All my friends are in US.

Thats what i mean.

Dan

• NeasNeas Member Posts: 887

Just play europe edition :).

Stop trying to cheat :P.

You knew there was a risk involved trying to FRAUDULENTLY fake your signup.

You took the risk and lost, can't expect any sympathy of anyone.

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European
    Truly Loved: World of Warcraft

Beta Tested: Lineage 2, Ryzom, City of Heroes, RYL, EverQuest 2 World Of Warcraft European

Hey i don't need that BS from you.

I said i'm not from Europe. And not from North America. SO i have the Choice.

You cannot make me play in Europe and i'm not a resident in EUROPE.

I'm sorry i even posted in a place you exist in

Dan

PS: who asked you for your sympathy

• UlfarUlfar Member Posts: 75
    Have you tried Paypal ?

• StuffyStuffy Member Posts: 77

Well u do offcourse know that it doesn't really get any easier for us to help u and youre frind if you don't tell us where you are from. I do however feel for ya.. I mean if all my friends where in the states i to would play their servers.

When is the release date for WoW in youre region? I know that Blizzard have stated that it might/will be possible for EU ppl to acces the US servers after release in EU. So all is not lost for you :D

I'm from Lebanon and my ISP is directly connected to

US if i play on Europe i will be lagging becoz i tried it on Europe Battle.net to play

Diablo 2 and i was lagging like hell but on US battle.net it worked perfectly

THats why i want to be on US i made alot of friends and most of my RL friends

are on US realm.

Dan

P.S: I tried epassporte.com to create a virtual CC so it will work but my pending charge on my cc is 3.65$ and they have a range between 1cent and 2$ so it's not allowing me to create one. I think everybody is blocking my way. I think it's not my day

Hmm have u checked with Blizzard which server u are supposed to play at? Scince u are experiencing better connection to US servers it would seem logical that u should play there.. Try dropping them a mail.

i've already did

and i did explain that my latency with US is better then Europe and i'm not in

europe so i have the right to choose the US server

Hope they will find me a way to get thru

Dan

Yeah.. But if they don't u always have the less atractive option of just waiting for the EU release so u can start playing the american servers :(

• Sparta09Sparta09 Member Posts: 64

Hey man that sucks you cant get on the US servers...image

The only other option (dont know if you've tried) is to get hold of a gamecard so you can create and account that way... You can get a 60day one for about £30 (dunno how much in dollars, probably bout $30-40), and you can get them from:

http://www.importmadness.co.uk/cgi-bin/prod?Item_Number=131609 - (This one is a UK site)

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=645985

Like I say I dont know if you have already thought of this, but if not hope this helps...

-------------

Sparta

• pingkillerpingkiller Member Posts: 16
    I've read on an other forum that the australian address+non us cc isnt working anymore.Could anyone confim this? If it is true im pissed,i got my copy coming in friday.

erh,.... where abouts is lebanon geographically?

Isnt lebanon middle east? As in geographically NOT Australia, America or New Zealand :P

The only countries allowed at release. Wait till WoW is released in your language. If it isnt then wait for the Eu release. NOT to play on EU just so that Blizzard Opens up the US servers.

its not the end of the world.

• AleisterAleister Member Posts: 208

capitalism+consumerism sucks
    well I'm not even going to talk about it. This is not just wow. Blizzard has their reasons regarding custoemr support, what about an eula we culd agree that we are responsible and blah blah

-----------------------
    ....must ....play .....WoWimage

-----------------------
    ....must ....play .....WoWimage

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359
    you said it is giving you that message because of your cc.  Why not then by a game time card (not sure if WoW has those yet).  That would suffice.

--------------------------------------------

33.333333333333336% of me is a huge nerd! How about you?

Killer 100%
    Achiever 53%
    Explorer 33%
    Socializer 13%

--------------------------------------------

Guys,

you are all the best for replying and trying to help me.

It's ok i will be going back to NJ and ordering a new CC

from US. and i will fix the problem thx all again for you help.

Dan

• AsundaiAsundai Member Posts: 6

It should work if you use a fake address to register, just made sure City, State, Zip + phone area code are correct.. and use the same Zip with your (real?) CC details. Then get a gamecard and switch payment to that before they try to bill you and discover you lied to them :s

Useful stuff:
    Zip Code Finder:
    http://www.addresses.com/zip_lookup.php
    Phone Code Finder:
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/dialing.html?p2=57

Of course this is technically illegal.. i doubt theyll do anything but it means at the very least that theyll have an excuse to ban you whenever they want (if they find out).

• Otto_ManicOtto_Manic Member Posts: 202

Hmmm... how about trying this, I'm pretty sure it will work.

Wait till the damned game is released to you when it's supposed to be. It's bad enough the servers are all jacked up right now with what we're doing to them without having people outside the designated release areas contributing to the problem.

Secondly, you don't live in US, NZ or Australia so you don't have the "right" to play on US servers, wtf are you thinking?

On the sympathy-meter, you get a zero.

Otto!

I'm looking for some friends that I lost contact with over the years...

EQ: Horlain (Firiona Vie)
    DAOC: Kaizur (Guinevere)

Otto!

I'm looking for some friends that I lost contact with over the years...

EQ: Horlain (Firiona Vie)
    DAOC: Kaizur (Guinevere)

Originally posted by Otto_Manic

Secondly, you don't live in US, NZ or Australia so you don't have the "right" to play on US servers, wtf are you thinking?

My point :P

I mean just because Lebanon isnt part of EU doesn't mean that the American, New Zealand and Australian test BECOMES Everything except EU, Korea and Japan.

You will be allowed legally on the servers when EU is released :). Dont see why itd be a better connection, distance wise its longer to America than to the france servers.

Unless your country has some hops that are 56k lines :P and not optical fibre. For me on EU pvp server i get a ping of 19ms.

• ImperatorianImperatorian Member Posts: 1,000

Originally posted by Otto_Manic

That's just harsh, are you serious?

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

Official blizzard policy is that you can play on US servers if you have a US billing address/credit card billing address.

I wouldn't recommend you try if you can't get a US billing address.

Although another alternative is you can have a clanmate or friend set up an accont for you in the US and you just send him the money every month.

Keep in mind it's LEGAL to set up more than one account in your own name.

So your friend Bob who lives in the USA can make 2 accounts, you send him the money from whatever country and you can play with one of the accounts (well it will be your account but billed to him).

Hope this helps.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Well though i asked a few people to come tell us how they got round billing like 99.9% of the selfish brats that plague this site they never did.

Anyhow i am going for the EU WoW .

But here is the solution gamecards.importmadness in the uk sells the gamecards and the US version.

It works out to be about £1 more expensive per month then if u waited for thw eu version.

Eu version will overall be better for EU people.

So long as there is enough Localised servers i.e German, French, SPanish, English, Italian. Then we will get better pings and cheaper monthly cost.

Plus its the only way i could get my CE :P.

My pings during Open beta where 200-300 ms.... you might think thats not bad but in EU beta pvp server i get 19ms ping (im on a university internet connection). So its a big difference to gameplay and rubberbanding could be seen in US server.

Dunno about other peeps but i got largish pings on US... so overall EU is better. Shame we got to wait. But generally a release after xmas would be good as alot of people go home and visit family during that time rather than play WoW. (me in particular :P).

• TiberiuxTiberiux Member Posts: 90

Nice pointless post Neas haha.

The point is not if it's better or not to play on us servers. The point is can you play on em from outside.

Get with the program haha.

This discussion has been closed.