Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How are you getting ready for JGE?

outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I remodeled my computer room to immerse me into the game. Painted the walls and ceiling a very dark blue, added black lights and stars throughout.

Just upgraded my video card to the NVidia GTX 285 w/ 1 gig

X52 Joystick and Throttle

Headset with a TrackIR 4Pro

Comments

• sa1yamansa1yaman Member Posts: 272

This is sick.

I plan to buy Nvidia 3D Vision when available. Of course not just for JGE.

Othervise i play X3, SWG(JTL) to improve my pew pew skills and to shorten the waiting.

• nubadaknubadak Member Posts: 150

Just one question......why the clock?

!

that room is amazing!

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476
    Originally posted by nubadak

!
    that room is amazing!

It tells time.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • spinetagspinetag Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Originally posted by nubadak

!
    that room is amazing!

It tells time.

....space time.

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Dude thats a pretty awesome setup.

I just hope the game is good enough to warrant all of that.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by JGMIII

Dude thats a pretty awesome setup.
    I just hope the game is good enough to warrant all of that.

Seriously,  I hope the game is as good as that room is.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

He's gotta be single, a wife would not allow a Man Cave like that. Ever!

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

He's gotta be single, a wife would not allow a Man Cave like that. Ever!

Agreed, if that setup and room cost him his marriage then I'd say it was worth it! I've been happily divorced many years and congratulate this bloke on getting his priorities sorted out. If he is married I'd suggest sealing the room up in a similar fashion to a panic room and sound proofing it, no need to explain that right?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

very very cool room. All you need is the triple monitor set up  :)

I'm going to wait for the game before I make any major modifications, but I am planning on building a new rig just to play the upcoming MMOs of 2009. I'll wait to see if JGE is as good as i hope it is before investing into that same joystick (looks sweet)

• ShreddiShreddi Member UncommonPosts: 320

going to the liquor store and stocking up on beer and tequila.  Space Beer and Space tequila that is.  Will be completely gravity free by the time game releases.  Byt he way, that is a very nice setup for the game. 

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

OP wins.  Can't imagine a better set up out side of triple linked monitors.

I assume there's a "beer" fridge in the room somewhere, right?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

Yep OP is winner and undefeated.

All I did was buy a paint ball gun and started shooting at anything that moves around the house. The neighbors are pretty pissed but I think my twitch skill based ability is getting much better now.:)

• ferndipferndip Member UncommonPosts: 67

I bought a new coffee maker & a new set of infared heatseeking Bonggoggles. 

• NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

This is how im preparing!

• AramanuAramanu Member Posts: 157

i prepare by playing JGC so when you all nubblecakes pick up JGE im gonna be sat waiting for you and your nice credits, or loot. infact both, ill make sure you pay me 1st before i blow your pretty little @$$ to small pieces, then im gonna laugh when you come back for some more.

Originally posted by Aramanu

i prepare by playing JGC so when you all nubblecakes pick up JGE im gonna be sat waiting for you and your nice credits, or loot. infact both, ill make sure you pay me 1st before i blow your pretty little @$$ to small pieces, then im gonna laugh when you come back for some more.

No way freak i.m subbing to JGC right now to come pawn you and your week sauce pilot skilz.

Take that slob hahahaha. I'm comin for you rock licker!

• SinupeSinupe Member Posts: 13

Ara babeh let's not scare our future vic...err.. fellow players :)

You back on JGC? I might even resub if the old timers are coming back in to hone their skills.

BTW one other option is to play SpaceForce: Rogue Universe, the engine is a lot like JGC and it's a serious challenge when you pick multiple targets at the same time.

I'll kill ya err SEE ya in space :)

• I'm preparing by desperately checking mmorpg.com and the companies website 2 to 3 times a day, hoping that a release date or at least an official beta date will be posted. In the mean time.... I am playing nothing. My Xbox 360 and computer are not being used... anyone else notice that there aren't any new good games out right now? Since I've been inactive in WoW for sometime now, I am definetely ready to begin a new MMO... a good one that is...

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

As much as I'm waiting for a good Sci Fi mmo to play.. I have a gut feeling JGE is going to be another disappointment like Eve was..   I guess I'm waiting for a good PvE storyline mmo to hit the shelves.. Sandbox play doesn't appeal to me because normally too many kids end up destorying the sandbox..   I guess i'll just have to wait for SWToR.. or  STO, since both are focusing on storyline content.. but we'll see in time..

Originally posted by Rydeson

As much as I'm waiting for a good Sci Fi mmo to play.. I have a gut feeling JGE is going to be another disappointment like Eve was..   I guess I'm waiting for a good PvE storyline mmo to hit the shelves.. Sandbox play doesn't appeal to me because normally too many kids end up destorying the sandbox..   I guess i'll just have to wait for SWToR.. or  STO, since both are focusing on storyline content.. but we'll see in time..

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I mean Eve has a whole novel or 2 of story line and JGE hired a great writer so there is likely a bag full of story to get into.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by freejackmack

Originally posted by Rydeson

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. I mean Eve has a whole novel or 2 of story line and JGE hired a great writer so there is likely a bag full of story to get into.

Storyline and a brief history in text doesn't = content..  I believe in tangible, clickable content. I watched a commercial of Eve within the past week and it's emphasised "player driven content".. COUGH COUGH..  Player driven content means we are too lazy and stupid to write 4,000 quest for the customer base to use.. If  RvR is the player driven content they are advertising, well that just sucks for those that play the game in off hours..

What I see with most PvP (RvR) style games today is like playing WoW end game, where all you have left is doing dailys. YAWwwwwwwwn..   But as for getting ready for JGE.. well..  It looks like JGE isnt' anywhere close to being released by Q2, which means internal PROBLEMS..  I hate to pay to be a Beta tester, so i'll just wait a couple months before thinking about it..  Wait till the messages boards get filled with "hate it" or "love it" post and wait till JGE can actually POST detail formation about the game instead of 50% speculation..  

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

yes, I live alone with my dog and cat in a 3 bedroom house.  I would love to have a three monitor setup, but my 24" works great.

When I have the TrackIR on my headset, I can look around in the cockpit as if I was actually there.  The trackIR actually gives you an advantage when dog fighting.  Your hands are free to work the controls instead of having to use the hat switch to look around.  You turn your head very slightly and you can look almost 360 degrees.  Well worth the money.

I put the glowing galaxies, stars, comets, and planets on every bit of furniture, drapes, floor and ceiling .  When you have the blacklights on for awhile then shut them off, close your eyes then open them, the whole room turns to 3D.  The stars look like they are floating.  Very very space like.   This is when I wish I had a doobie.............LOL