Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the best trader build.

MMODonMMODon Member Posts: 14

I know that what you character you choose at the start if eve online is not that important

But if I wanted to make a pure trader that could start making ISK very quick which race bloodline career etc should I use?

Thanks for any information

Comments

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

Well starting off you want a industrial cargo runner which should take 3 or 4 days to skill up to.

A frieghter will take around 40 days.

A jump frieghter will take around 100 days to complete.

There is no one true build just use shield hardners and either a after burner or microwarp drive and propulsion upgrades if at all possible.

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by DevilXaphan

Well starting off you want a industrial cargo runner which should take 3 or 4 days to skill up to.
    A frieghter will take around 40 days.
    A jump frieghter will take around 100 days to complete.
    There is no one true build just use shield hardners and either a after burner or microwarp drive and propulsion upgrades if at all possible.

Your going to scare the guy away LOL!

OP: get your ass in a cheap industrial, buy low, sell high.

If you need isk to start with Mine in a mining frig for a few hours.

Train social skills related to trading

Read this Trading guide  

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• MMODonMMODon Member Posts: 14

Ok thanks a lot what race bloodline and school is best for this?

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

a little dated but may help EVE Trader

Personally I think an even approach to attribute (character creation/bloodline selection) selection is best. I have never really seen that it is all that important starting out, and this is even truer today. No matter what you choose starting the biggest changes come in game. Learning skills and implants are really what make a character specialized. Now you can even switch attributes around in game once a year. I would advise a BLine you really like (for whatever reason), and for a trader just make sure Charisma is evened out too. For a Combat character add none to charisma, and those other than trader or combat just a little to Charisma.

like I said, I think the importance of this is overrated. Even under the best/worse situation the amout of training time your talking about is very small.

The only way to really mess up is to pick a bloodline that is very high in Charisma then add as much to Charisma as possible and then use that toon for combat. Seems to me anyway.

ok kool so lots of charimsa helps when trading and making ISK?

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

to be honest mate, trading needs player skill, not character skills. you could do it with any race and bloodline as well as any other.

Ok Thanks a lot guys for your info

• M_VexM_Vex Member Posts: 67

Also, since you're creating a new toon, you get 2 attribute remaps.  Charisma is usually thought to be a pretty useless attribute, so if you start out high with it, you'll want to remap to a more balanced distribution after you have gotten all the skills you need that have CHA as the primary attribute.

Also, don't take the skill "Trade" to level 5, its a waste since lvl 4 is the pre-requisite for the next levels of order increasing skills which have a higher payoff in terms of market slot unlocks... wholesale, marketing, etc...

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by MMODon

Ok thanks a lot what race bloodline and school is best for this?

They changed characer creation so all race and bloodline start with the same attributes (all 8 except charisma which is 7) and all start with the same skills. You need Race Industrial Skills (not industry skills, they're for research and manufacturing) for buying a large ship to transport your goods back and forth

The various 'Trade Skills'  affect the way you interact with the Market (listed below).

• Accounting: Proficiency at squaring away the odds and ends of business transactions, keeping the check books tight. Each level of skill reduces transaction tax by 10%.
    • Broker Relations: Proficiency at driving down market-related costs. Each level of skill grants a 5% reduction in the costs associated with setting up a market order, which usually come to 1% of the order's total value. This can be further influenced by the player's standing towards the owner of the station where the order is entered.
    • Contracting: This skill allows you to create formal agreements with other characters. For each level of this skill the number of outstanding contracts is increased by four (up to a maximum of 21 at level 5)
    • Corporation Contracting: You are familiar with the intricacies of formalizing contracts between your corporation and other entities. For each level of this skill the number of concurrent corporation/alliance contracts you make on behalf of your corporation is increased by 10 up to a maximum of 60.
    • Daytrading: Allows for remote modification of buy and sell orders. Each level of skill increases the range at which orders may be modified. Level 1 allows for modification of orders within the same solar system, Level 2 extends that range to systems within 5 jumps, and each subsequent level then doubles it. Level 5 allows for market order modification anywhere within current region.
    • Margin Trading: Ability to make potentially risky investments work in your favor. Each level of skill reduces the percentage of ISK placed in market escrow when entering buy orders. Starting with an escrow percentage of 100% at Level 0 (untrained skill), each skill level cumulatively reduces the percentage by 25%. For a maximum reduction of approximately 24% total escrow at level 5.
    • Marketing: Skill at selling items remotely. Each level increases the range from the seller to the item being sold. Level 1 allows for the sale of items within the same solar system, Level 2 extends that range to systems within 5 jumps, and each subsequent level then doubles it. Level 5 allows for sale of items located anywhere within current region.
    • Procurement: Proficiency at placing remote buy orders on the market. Level 1 allows for the placement of orders within the same solar system, Level 2 extends that range to systems within 5 jumps, and each subsequent level then doubles it. Level 5 allows for placement of remote buy orders anywhere within current region.
    • Retail: Ability to organize and manage market operations. Each level raises the limit of active orders by 8.
    • Trade: Knowledge of the market and skill at manipulating it. Active buy/sell order limit increased by 4 per level of skill.
    • Tycoon: Ability to organize and manage ultra large-scale market operations. Each level raises the limit of active orders by 32.
    • Visibility: Skill at acquiring products remotely. Each level of skill increases your remote buy order range. Level 1 allows for the placing of buy orders within the same solar system, Level 2 extends that range to systems within 5 jumps, and each subsequent level then doubles it. Level 5 allows for a full regional range.
    • Wholesale: Ability to organize and manage large-scale market operations. Each level raises the limit of active orders by 16.

EDIT: Wall of text made me blind so I made it bullets.

Great List mate thanks a lot