Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the word on WIS?

Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233

I remember the dev team showing off some Walk-in-stations about six or more months ago. I've just returned to the game and I'm surfing around looking for info on how the development is coming along but sadly I seem to be blind to the topic. Anyone have any news on this as it is a feature I'm very much looking forward to.

Comments

• EttirxaEttirxa Member Posts: 93

probably some info will come out at one of the game conventions, this summer if not then probably at the fanfest in october. There was a recent forum post from a dev saying that the artwork is mostly there and the code is running but they are finding some gameplay issues cropping up.

"Walking in Stations / Ambulation is being worked on. There's art on hard drives, code running, server code running and people working on designs. We did a small preview at last fanfest, got a lot of positive ( and not so positive ) feedback, and are iterating on the designs. It will be released when it's ready... "

taken from this link:

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1060452&page=2

• Yavin_PrimeYavin_Prime Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by Ettirxa

probably some info will come out at one of the game conventions, this summer if not then probably at the fanfest in october. There was a recent forum post from a dev saying that the artwork is mostly there and the code is running but they are finding some gameplay issues cropping up.
    "Walking in Stations / Ambulation is being worked on. There's art on hard drives, code running, server code running and people working on designs. We did a small preview at last fanfest, got a lot of positive ( and not so positive ) feedback, and are iterating on the designs. It will be released when it's ready... "
    taken from this link:
    http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1060452&page=2

Thank you very much that was just what I was looking for. I honestly can't wait for WIS. I love EVE and in my mind it'll only make it way better to me as I'm an RPer and RPing as a ship or via text boxes gets old at times. So by having an avatar a hous and a corp HQ things should be a lot more interesting for us RPers. Thanks again for the info.

• mmo4lifemmo4life Member Posts: 136

As much as i have been looking forward to WIS the last few years, im not holding my breath.

If / when it arrives i'll be very happy, but it's not as if im hedging any bets on it.

I do think that WIS can / will bring EVE to a whole new level of juicy win though, and that says alot because as most long term players know, Eve is almost pure win already.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Since they've had playable alphas of it at a couple fan fests now I'd say it's likely close.... Hard to say for sure though.  If I had to take a WAG at it though I'd say probably not the next major update (this winter) but the one following (2010 spring release is my guess).

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell