Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goofy Oneshot with Bailout Monie Thought Experiment

EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Government Set to Announce Billions for Green Jobs

Ok you wana Creat jobs and you want them green...

787,000,000,000 Moniez

4000 Watt Complete Photovoltaic System Not at sales price thats 26,800. And its still a Grid Tie system.

787,000,000,000 / 26,800 = 29,365,671 Grid Tie systems instaled.

Thats a total Kw 117,462,686

Thats 117.46 Gigawatts

Not a Super ammount But thats 30 Million homes getting a good chunk of its power from solar.

Ok there are 127,901,934"Houseing Units" in the USA. at a 66.2% (2000 time frame) Homeownership rate thats 84,672,404(I hope) People that Own something.

If people were to Pay for Half the cost of the solar system that would Double the number of Systems instaled to  58,731,342

For a total of 234.92 Gigawatts

==========================================================================

Lol, ok my little brains tired so Won't even try and figure out the number of jobs this would create...

So How would you spend the Full 787 Billion (In one go on one thing) and keep it green so the Devine Leader Would approve.

And don't post something you Found, or heard, and show your Work Damnit  (even if its Wrong Like a lot of mine is Im sure)

Edit:=======================================================================

Since pop cant fighure out the point of the thread Ill ask in a diffrent way.

Obama Walks up to you and asks How to make green Jobs with this 787 Billion.

In My example I said that If you Place a Buy order for 4 Killawatt Grid tie systems at 26,800 You would have 29 Million Units to be instaled. If you told people they had to pay for Half the systems costs then there would be 58 Million For a grand total of 234.29 Gigawatts of green energy.

Now this is a Silly thought Experament. Think of something green and do the basic math. You Dont need all the math its a Thought Experament. Prohaps It would be Buying Hybrids?

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
—Samuel Adams

Comments

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Originally posted by Ekibiogami
    787,000,000,000 Moniez
    4000 Watt Complete Photovoltaic System Not at sales price thats 26,800. And its still a Grid Tie system.
    Thats 117.46 Gigawatts
    Not a Super ammount But thats 30 Million homes getting a good chunk of its power from solar.
    Ok there are 127,901,934"Houseing Units" in the USA. at a 66.2% (2000 time frame) Homeownership rate thats 84,672,404(I hope) People that Own something.
    If people were to Pay for Half the cost of the solar system that would Double the number of Systems instaled to  58,731,342
    Lol, ok my little brains tired so Won't even try and figure out the number of jobs this would create...
    So How would you spend the Full 787 Billion (In one go on one thing) and keep it green so the Devine Leader Would approve.
    And don't post something you Found, or heard, and show your Work Damnit  (even if its Wrong Like a lot of mine is Im sure)

After reading this whole post Ekib, you should change the title. "Lol I just had a thought... by Ekibiogami" doesn't go well with all what you wrote there.

It's kind of convoluted and it looks like you are doing what the people who made all those hedge funds betting on mortgages did. You are assuming too many things would have to happen in a row, and then stay the same for all that to fall into place.

There are a myriad of factors that can affect any number of those variables you listed there.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by popinjay

787,000,000,000 Moniez

Thats 117.46 Gigawatts

After reading this whole post Ekib, you should change the title. "Lol I just had a thought... by Ekibiogami" doesn't go well with all what you wrote there.

It's kind of convoluted and it looks like you are doing what the people who made all those hedge funds betting on mortgages did. You are assuming too many things would have to happen in a row, and then stay the same for all that to fall into place.

There are a myriad of factors that can affect any number of those variables you listed there.

Ok ill change the title But you Still dident try and do anything.... So your a wasted post.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Ok ill change the title But you Still dident try and do anything.... So your a wasted post.

What I'm saying is that your post assumes a lot of figures and numbers, most of which have no way of being verified.

There is no indication that any of what President Obama says will work, just like there is no indication that any of your figures work out to be intended. He could actually end up creating less jobs or more jobs, but it's impossible to try and speculate based on your wide variety of "what if" calculations.

You don't have one sold number for any of your calculations, nor can anyone give you a solid number for the future. So inevitably, any figure anyone arrives at is invariably wrong. You are starting a post to debate about arguing figures that can't be proved either way and I'm not understanding the logic in that, not trying to deflect.

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Out of all the green technologies, I think Solar is one of the least effective up there with wind.  I think the best solutions are Nuclear and Tide power. 

Tide technology is more effecient at transfering energy then Solar, and its cost to produce is cheaper and doesn't consume much energy compared to solar that takes more energy to produce then it will collect in its lifetime and costs as quoted above.  In addition Tide reactors are placed 50 yards beneath the surface and can be placed in the vastness of the ocean.  Solar plants take up a large amount of real-estate as well as wind.

Nuclear technology is probably the most ideal form of energy for the United States.  Considering that most wind generators are placed on thousands of acres of desert land.  That area can be replaced and safely house a Nuclear Reactor far from civilization incase of meltdown.  It produces nuclear waste but emits no greenhouse gases.  The nuclear waste is disposable.

Originally posted by popinjay

What I'm saying is that your post assumes a lot of figures and numbers, most of which have no way of being verified.

There is no indication that any of what President Obama says will work, just like there is no indication that any of your figures work out to be intended. He could actually end up creating less jobs or more jobs, but it's impossible to try and speculate based on your wide variety of "what if" calculations.

You don't have one sold number for any of your calculations, nor can anyone give you a solid number for the future. So inevitably, any figure anyone arrives at is invariably wrong. You are starting a post to debate about arguing figures that can't be proved either way and I'm not understanding the logic in that, not trying to deflect.

787,000,000,000 Moniez

4000 Watt Complete Photovoltaic System. Not at sales price thats 26,800. And its still a Grid Tie system.

Thats 117.46 Gigawatts

{ Mod Edit }

—Samuel Adams

Originally posted by Cleffy

Out of all the green technologies, I think Solar is one of the least effective up there with wind.  I think the best solutions are Nuclear and Tide power. 
    Tide technology is more effecient at transfering energy then Solar, and its cost to produce is cheaper and doesn't consume much energy compared to solar that takes more energy to produce then it will collect in its lifetime and costs as quoted above.  In addition Tide reactors are placed 50 yards beneath the surface and can be placed in the vastness of the ocean.  Solar plants take up a large amount of real-estate as well as wind.
    Nuclear technology is probably the most ideal form of energy for the United States.  Considering that most wind generators are placed on thousands of acres of desert land.  That area can be replaced and safely house a Nuclear Reactor far from civilization incase of meltdown.  It produces nuclear waste but emits no greenhouse gases.  The nuclear waste is disposable.

While I agree 100% your dooing the same thing as Pop... Numbers Even if close to show How many Reactors could be built.. Plz

—Samuel Adams