Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is World of Warcraft for hardcore players?

13»

Comments

• Cyborg99Cyborg99 Member Posts: 576

Hardcore and videogames don't match....stop worrying about labeling your games and just have fun.

Trolls = Hardcore
    Fanbois = Carebears

The only posts I read in threads are my own.

• bishbashboshbishbashbosh Member Posts: 57

looks like to me the OP is just trying to sell his account

• EuphorykEuphoryk Member Posts: 450
    Originally posted by altairzq

WOW played at top level is hardcore.  I have a lvl 80 for about three months and can't do any raid yet, and not sure I will ever be able to, really.

Sarcasm? I hope...

It takes one week to gear up @ 80 so that you are ready for raids. With all the crafted gear available, heroics, rep rewards, badge rewards, etc... There is no reason why any player, with even the most minor amount of motivation, cannot be ready for raids in under a few weeks tops after capping.

You can be half epicced out just from alternative options for progression, before you ever step foot into a raid, easily. So I have to ask, what appears to be causing you this problem? is it lack of quality players to raid with perhaps? or just nothing happening on your server of choice? maybe a lack of playtime on your part?

• EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

If by hardcore you mean difficult, you only have Ulduar at the moment to claim as hardcore, and the Icecrown Citadel whenever it gets implemented. Usually that is the hardest instance avaiable, but WoW in this sense of hardcore only has its hardest raids avaiable as that.

If by hardcore you mean harsh, then, no, you have nothing to say as that in WoW. No death penalty besides wasting time to get back, BGs are instanced and fair (theorically, because twinks dominate all lower-level BG brackets, so old players can feel they have some pewpew while they 2-shot people of their own level), PvE goes as hard as the need to repair your equipment.

A game is not challenging when all its content has been conquered though, nothing for people to dream in pioneering.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Zeltraz500

Is World of Warcraft for hardcore MMO players?

I keep arguing with my freind

he has played a level 80 for about 24 hours

has not done 1 raid

has not leveled a character passed level 20

I one the other hand have a level 80 orc shaman (name senzil on the server Wildhammer)

2 peices of val

1 peice of earth

all epiced (cept for 1 trinket thats blue)

I have downed multiple raids

I WILL SHOW MY CHARACTER IN-GAME

his name is Senzil on the server Wildhammer
    and I disagree

and he says that WoW is for softcore gamers even at level 80
    Now what do you think?

I personally think he should shut the frick up cuz hes never played an 80 and raiding but wat do u think?

15 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.

Additional Details

will show my character in game also

Also he has played pre-NGE SWG

It all depends on what you would call hardcore.

If you mean that you play a lot of time then sure.

If you mean that it is diffucult and only the good players get somewhere, then no. Wow is one of the easiest MMOs there is.

I would say, no Wow and most other MMOs ain't hardcore. EQ was, and UO. Heck even Guildwars is HC later in the game but not Wow, AoC, WAR, EQ2 and many more like them because the majority of the players can handle almost all the content in them. They are too easy to be HC.

On the other side I have friends that quited their job for Wow, doing nothing else but play every moment they are awake and that could be considered hardcore, or no life whatsoever...

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by jevtyrn

come on guys, lets play some D&D. Real hardcore action, who will be the healer?

Phew, D&D aint hardcore. Warhammer fantasy roleplaying or Runequest is hardcore, D&D are way to simple to be hardcore ;)

• enderzenderz Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Adam1902

WoW is the complete opposite of what you consider a "Hardcore MMO".

No death penalty, death has no meaning
    No risk
    Instances, the cancer of MMOs. You get your own private little dungeon where you can kill the boss in peace. No fighting over bosses, no PKing to compete for dungeon bosses and their loot.
    Instanced, consensual PvP, where you choose to PvP if you want.
    Why can't I kill whoever I want? That other Orc is a little 7 year old, and he's telling me he fucked my mom, now he's stealing my kills. Wait, WHAT!? I can't kill him? He's on my team!?! Let me fucking kill whoever I want if I wish!

WoW is actually the exact opposite of what people label as "hardcore".  AC2, Everquest, WoW, were the games that begun the nasty softcore "carebear" MMO.
    If you enjoy it, why does it matter if it's for the "hardcore" or not? If you're into that kind of thing, that's fine. WoW, is just not for me I'm afraid. I absolutely hate limitations, and I hate instancing. I like to be able to kill who I wish, and I like to fight other groups of players for my dungeon boss (sometimes killing the boss is the easy part!).

Zorndorf

Read above comments.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

"Is World of Warcraft for hardcore players?"

It might have been once, and could have got a lot harder -> challenging. Now it's just a theme park. That said, looking forward to the next stage of the Argent Tournament, at least the gear there is earned rather than dropped off random boss / mob on a straight tank 'n spank.

And the crafting system works well, I find personally.

To answer your question specifically though, no. it isn't.

But it might have been if the dev's hadn't sold their souls to the masses and tried to please everyone rather than the faithful hardcore. That's not a complaint, more of an observation.

• yabooeryabooer Member Posts: 97

Just to throw out my opinion.

WoW used to be for hardcore players Pre BC when having tier armor was crazy when downing nef was insane when killing ANY naxx boss was being godly and killing poor mr bigglesworth was a curse!

now... sadly.... it has changed burning crusade took strategy out of raids made it 10x easier to get gear same with WOTLK.

IMO taking out strat out of raids and changing it to 20 man instead of 40 man raids was the death of hardcore WoW.

When i had full gianstalkers/dragonstalkers and pieces of cryptstalkers just go useless being replaced by green?! And when they made hunters into easiest mode minimum range being practically melee range being able to plant traps incombat making the pet talent tree unbeatable to other trees took the fun out of pvp... and that is when i threw up the towel

OHHH and hold up to tell zeltrazz you don't understand hardcore. Gratz on your easy anyone can get nub tier gear now what were all the bosses you killed tank and dps till dead? game probably stopped using dkp as well...

Heres a little taste of what REAL raiding is getting Fire resist Nature resist Frost resist gear to beable to down bosses doing HOURS and HOURS of farming for the resist gear and EVEN MORE for being keyed to mc/bwl/naxx. There will never be strat like in the old days naxx's strat was amazing razuvious one shotting having to use priests to tank?. Using Tranq shot to make sure the boss doesn't drop the raid in seconds.

Gratz on playing easy mode wow once again =)

Also if you want to try out a hardcore kind of game check out Vanguard by SoE one of their most underrated games but i love it join a pvp server. There are NO instanced zones NO allies FFAPVP have fun doing dungeons =)

• SkeeterxiSkeeterxi Member Posts: 265

I'd say WoW is a pretty casual game and for the most part its pretty easy with the exception of newly released raids. So I wouldn't say its a hardcore game but some people may play it hardcore.

• maniacfoxmaniacfox Member UncommonPosts: 171
    Originally posted by Zeltraz500

Is World of Warcraft for hardcore MMO players?

I keep arguing with my freind

he has played a level 80 for about 24 hours

has not done 1 raid

has not leveled a character passed level 20

I one the other hand have a level 80 orc shaman (name senzil on the server Wildhammer)

2 peices of val

1 peice of earth

all epiced (cept for 1 trinket thats blue)

I have downed multiple raids

I WILL SHOW MY CHARACTER IN-GAME

his name is Senzil on the server Wildhammer
    and I disagree

and he says that WoW is for softcore gamers even at level 80
    Now what do you think?

I personally think he should shut the frick up cuz hes never played an 80 and raiding but wat do u think?

15 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.

Additional Details

will show my character in game also

Also he has played pre-NGE SWG

Haha, what a lame attempt, I can't believe so many people fell for it. TROLL.

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

WoW is for casuals or for no-lifers (raid each day,grind mats each day),in no way do the words "WoW" and "hard" match in a sentence.

WoW's dificulty lvl is just 1 point above that of Hello Kitty Online.

• lethyslethys Member UncommonPosts: 585

The players themselves dictate that.  Yes, it can be.  Back when I used to play, there was a hunter in my brother's guild who is now the top rated Arena hunter in the world for 2v2 arena.  He is "hardcore" for lack of a better term.  On the other hand, there are many who don't play on that level and have very light raid schedules, etc.  They are not that "hardcore."  I personally was exposed to hardcore players in a game that is certainly not "hardcore."