Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I hate to make a new thread about this, but...

SeijishinjinSeijishinjin Member UncommonPosts: 5

I can't seem to find any clarification, and the "Search" function isn't pulling anything up that's relevant to my question, so here goes.

If I Reactivate my old account, will I have access to all of the new expansions?  What about the fancy newbie gear/mounts/whatever they're offering to people who make Free Trial Accounts?  Seems to me there should be some kind-of bonus offer for people to start paying for the game again, no? :P

Thank you for having the patience to read and answer this inquiery.

Comments

• RaiizenRaiizen Member Posts: 177

no you gotta buy the expansions

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

gotta buy them like everyone else.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Three years ago I purchased Everquest 2. Just the regular game, no expansions at all. When I logged in and joined a guild I found out I didn't have access to AA points because of it. Once I learned how important AA points were, I decided I'd wait until I had the financial means to play the game.

That time never came.

I decided while having no active subscriptions to any game open to try out the Everquest 2 trial again, but I logged onto my old account, and what do you know? I had every expansion and content pack entitled to me up to TSO. So what did I do? I resubscribed and have been playing since, AAs and all.

If you've had your account long enough, you'll have them entitled to you. All you need to do is goto the Everquest 2 page, login to your account, and look at your Everquest 2 info on that page. Your subscribtion info, or whatever, I forget what the link is actually called. But when you click it, it'll bring up a list of things your account has access to. If there's expansions and content packs on there you never purchased but says it's entitled, you're good to go. The only one you'll have to purchase is TSO, heh.

So yes, if you reactivate your account and it's old enough, you'll have them. Or make a trial account and subscribe from there, you'll have all of them that way, too. Up to TSO.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Synthetick

All you need to do is goto the Everquest 2 page, login to your account, and look at your Everquest 2 info on that page. 
    Your subscribtion info, or whatever, I forget what the link is actually called. But when you click it, it'll bring up a list of things your account has access to. 
    If there's expansions and content packs on there you never purchased but says it's entitled, you're good to go. The only one you'll have to purchase is TSO, heh.

So yes, if you reactivate your account and it's old enough, you'll have them. Or make a trial account and subscribe from there, you'll have all of them that way, too. Up to TSO.

good advice

if by chance you do need to buy kunark  - its as cheap as $20.00 off of Steam

store.steampowered.com/app/24110/

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Its only $40. Just go buy the whole thing. You can spend that much in one night of eating out. Its not that big a deal. And you get all expansions.

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Newest Expansion Pack = all older ones included )

Originally posted by Moirae

Its only $40. Just go buy the whole thing. You can spend that much in one night of eating out. Its not that big a deal. And you get all expansions.

Some people just don't want to spend the money on an expansion that is geared for higher level players until they need to. I'm one of them. It's a good deal for the whole thing for $40, but it's an even better deal to get all of that except TSO for the simple price of subscribing. 

At least that's my take on it.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Some people just don't want to spend the money on an expansion that is geared for higher level players until they need to. I'm one of them. It's a good deal for the whole thing for $40, but it's an even better deal to get all of that except TSO for the simple price of subscribing. 

Really... EoF was for higher level players? Last I looked its a new starting city with Greater Faydark catering to levels 1 to 20. Same with Rise of Kunark (which has some of the best levelling for 1 to 20 in the game).

The only expansions that didn't cater to a new starting zone and expansions are Desert of Flames, Kingdom of Sky, amd the Shadow Odyssey.

Personally I didn't buy TSO because I didn't think it had anything to offer other than new AA.  But to say that none of the other expansions had anything to offer the low level player is either misinformed, uneducated, or lying.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Really... EoF was for higher level players? Last I looked its a new starting city with Greater Faydark catering to levels 1 to 20. Same with Rise of Kunark (which has some of the best levelling for 1 to 20 in the game).

The only expansions that didn't cater to a new starting zone and expansions are Desert of Flames, Kingdom of Sky, amd the Shadow Odyssey.

Personally I didn't buy TSO because I didn't think it had anything to offer other than new AA.  But to say that none of the other expansions had anything to offer the low level player is either misinformed, uneducated, or lying.

Were you not paying close attention, or just determined to be offensive? The choice presented was between getting (everything up to) Kunark just for subscribing versus paying $40 for TSO and having absolutely everything, with the caveat that TSO is only geared for the top-end players. For what it's worth I agree about TSO; I have not immediate interest in buying it either.

You'll have to forgive me, my EQ2 Lingo might not be on par with yours since I just started, but when did I ever say anything about EoF or RoK? I never stated anything about those expansions. I know they added new starter areas, but I was talking about TSO. My comments were directed only at TSO, which, the only thing I seen from there, like you, is the new AA.

Now, with that being said, what was the point of your post? Did you not read, at all? I NEVER purchased any of those expansions (EoF, ROK). Actually, I have NEVER purchased ANY EQ2 expansion, or content pack. I bought the original game and they upgraded my account for me, the only thing I don't have is TSO. But I still have those expansions on my account. I can start in the new areas, make every race, you name it. I just don't have the Shadow AAs and whatever else came with TSO. But I never bought TSO, or any other expansion.

Now, all I did was state that and tell them that they might be better off paying $15 to subscribe and get everything up to TSO for the simple price of subscribing and that there was no need to buy TSO for $40 because it's aimed at higher level players. Who cares if all the expansions come with it, I got them for free for subscribing to the game. Are you failing to grasp that?

They entitle everything up to the latest release after amounts of time, so really, what on earth on you on about? I see no substance at all, anywhere in your post. I mean, it really makes no sense, at all. Not relevant, at all. I understand that TSO comes with all the EverQuest 2 content. But you can get it all without buying it, except TSO. You can get whatever comes with TSO, just not TSO itself.

I mean, do you understand at all what page we're on now? Instead of just jumping in, reading half a post, and making assumptions? OR just jumping in, failing to comprehend what you read, and making assumptions? Because it was pretty off the wall.