Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warrior Epic uploads from you at your max bandwidth 24/7 against your will.

mrmelonimrmeloni Member UncommonPosts: 236

I downloaded and installed this game, after about 2 days of the server being down I finally managed to update the game. After getting ingame I found my internet was running very slow, I downloaded a bandwidth monitor tool only to find that my upload was being fully capped out, like I was on a bittorrent. I soon discovered that Warrior Epic has a built in on demand upload tool which will upload from you PERMANENTLY with no option to turn it off. If you have the Warrior Epic client running then you are being uploaded from, it uses up all of your upload bandwidth basically and makes your internet run very slow, my 8mb connection is completely lagged out by it.

It's not like blizzards updater either, which only runs while you are downloading a patch with the option to turn it off and patch directly from their patch server, no, Warrior Epics updater will always upload from you, even while you're playing ingame and not patching anything, it's absolute bullcrap.

Comments

• xankriegorxankriegor Member UncommonPosts: 49

So that's why my connection suddenly got very slow after I installed this game.

If that's really the case, I'm definitely uninstalling this game right away.

It's an ok game but taking up my connection speed with no option to turn it off is just rude.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

On the launcher, hit the little circle button on the top left corner of your username and set UPLOAD speed to 0. This will prevent uploading data which causes lag. If you forget to do this pre-launch, you can do it in game by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Z and setting upload to 0.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • ElGuappoElGuappo Member Posts: 94

Might be a 'duh' question, but why would it do that? What's it uploading that takes up so much bw?

The ruptured capillaries in your nose belie the clarity of your wisdom.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by ElGuappo

Might be a 'duh' question, but why would it do that? What's it uploading that takes up so much bw?

The client most likely. But it sucks that it uses so much and are on all the time as a default. You really don't need a slower net.