Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disappointed

maniacfoxmaniacfox Member UncommonPosts: 171

As a long time fan of space shooter games I secretly had high hopes for this game, but the videos that have just been released have really dampened my enthusiasm.

From what I could see you point your weapon at a red square, sit there shooting for a minute or so then move on to the next red square, rinse and reapeat. If this is their idea of fun PVE content then something obviously went wrong with the fun bit.

I  hope they do something to pull this back.

Comments

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

It could be fun though.. For the first hour...

• solnicarissolnicaris Member Posts: 148

I have high hopes for both JGE and BP and I will be playing one of them so we'll see who wins.

Come and checkout my website:
    SpaceSimCentral.com - Your Space Sim Community Gaming Resource
    Discuss EVE, JGE, BP, Infinity, Taikodom, FL, FS, HW, WC, X and more

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    Originally posted by solnicaris

I have high hopes for both JGE and BP and I will be playing one of them so we'll see who wins.

Yeah, me too. Funny how there's literally nothing on space mmo market, then there's suddenly two very good looking games under work. Finally.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    Originally posted by maniacfox

As a long time fan of space shooter games I secretly had high hopes for this game, but the videos that have just been released have really dampened my enthusiasm.
    From what I could see you point your weapon at a red square, sit there shooting for a minute or so then move on to the next red square, rinse and reapeat. If this is their idea of fun PVE content then something obviously went wrong with the fun bit.

I guess my question is why you are basing anything off a gameplay video...

Gameplay videos are mostly one of two things:

1) really ugly and don't really represent the game.

2) really pretty and don't really represent the game.

sorry you are disappointed... I guess if I went by the videos I don't see the same thing as you.  I do find some of them look odd.. but my description wouldn't match yours.

Personally waiting to either hopefully get into beta or see something "more" before I form any real opinion on this one.

• Would you prefer shooting at blue squares?

Originally posted by Axxar

Would you prefer shooting at blue squares?

:)

What do people expect out of a space MMO you use spacecraft to kill things, just like you use swords in most other MMO's. It is what you build around that simple attack routine that makes the game space. Yes everyone knwo you need to either cast magic or swing a weapon to kill something but maybe its the stat distribution or skills that make the combat fun. This will be the same for both JGE and BP. That have to make the combat easy to do and fun at the same time. For me this is a most welcomed change to the MMO scene.

• lornphoenixlornphoenix Member Posts: 993

That have to make the combat easy to do and fun at the same time. For me this is a most welcomed change to the MMO scene.

The phase "easy to learn, hard to master" come to mind, here.

Originally posted by lornphoenix

That have to make the combat easy to do and fun at the same time. For me this is a most welcomed change to the MMO scene.

The phase "easy to learn, hard to master" come to mind, here.

Which I hope is the way it is. It should always take player talent to beat anotyher not the best gear/ship.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

Yeah.. how boring is that..  Can you imagine flying a plane at 5,000 feet, then take it to a steep dive and drop bomb on aircraft carrier, then pull up hard and fly home, and continue to do the exact same thing the next day, and the next day..etc etc..   OR better yet... fly behind a target for 5 seconds or less till your computer gets a lock, then fire..  Wow.. can you feel the rush...... OH wait.. that all sounds lame as hell.. and exactly what REAL LIFE COMBAT is..  

But I know the video you are talking about..  Let me ask you.. The target was a stationary base target, why should one fly around to hit a stationary target?  lmaooooo   I don't know about you, but if I was shooting at a parked truck.. I wouldn't keep running and tumbling around like a fool.. I would stop, take aim and shoot it.... lmaoooo

• kerigarkerigar Member UncommonPosts: 73

wrong board...

• picommanderpicommander Member UncommonPosts: 256
    Originally posted by Rydeson

But I know the video you are talking about..  Let me ask you.. The target was a stationary base target, why should one fly around to hit a stationary target?  lmaooooo   I don't know about you, but if I was shooting at a parked truck.. I wouldn't keep running and tumbling around like a fool.. I would stop, take aim and shoot it.... lmaoooo

Simple. Because of turrets and station defenders. The reason for why you can't see both might be various: demo mode (the turrets being not sharp yet) or noob zone which might look quite different in more advanced zones. From players who actually play tested JGE I know that AI is very newbie friendly in the beginning but will become quite nasty as you make some progress. In the finished game I wouldn't expect being able to take down a station as a single pilot and surely not as a sitting duck, maybe in some sort of introduction zone at best.

• nubadaknubadak Member Posts: 150

I hope they have player capital ships, I just long for that bridge view looking out the windows seeing my guns fire....I realy enjoy the slower more strategic pace of capital ships.

Both games seem (JGE & BP) to have somes ups.

Nub's

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Yeah.. how boring is that..  Can you imagine flying a plane at 5,000 feet, then take it to a steep dive and drop bomb on aircraft carrier, then pull up hard and fly home, and continue to do the exact same thing the next day, and the next day..etc etc..   OR better yet... fly behind a target for 5 seconds or less till your computer gets a lock, then fire..  Wow.. can you feel the rush...... OH wait.. that all sounds lame as hell.. and exactly what REAL LIFE COMBAT is..  

Actual, when you're closing on your target, and the Surface-to-Air (SAM) indicator goes off in the cockpit, it gets really exciting, and your asshole opening shrinks down to the size of a pin (aka "Pucker Factor)........

Not to many combat pilots will tell you it's lame.

• SinupeSinupe Member Posts: 13

I'll assume from your reply that you're (or were) a combat pilot as a few of my friends were and used (portuguese) terms close to yours :)

Although I've never been one, I can tell you that JumpGate Classic's combat pumped more adrenaline in my body than any other game. The added speed sense and absence of gravity make room for intense manouveurs that will leave your hands shaking after a dogfight.

I'm still hoping that JGE's combat will be as thrilling as the original and I won't quit it until I've tested the beta and seen the actual course of the game.

• KapacsKapacs Lord of the Rings Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 17

I had a look at some of the videos and it seems pretty decent , the graphics are nice but we are all still anxious to see what the content looks like. It would have been nice to have something similar to EvE but with no dice roll on the shooting, and also a nice balance between PvE and PvP. Hopefully I'll get a chance with beta to see if it is worth playing or not just to make sure I do not waste any money. Hermann Peterscheck doesn't inspire much confidence either nor a stroke of genius that you usually see in a new revolutionary production, all of his interviews are banal and so ridiculously scripted. Let's just hope the rest of the NetDevil team can pull this off. 

Even as a cat, one must be a cat with dreams.

• FreedomBladeFreedomBlade Member UncommonPosts: 281

You rude person, your post is badly written and a badly thought out flame.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852

??????  (looking puzzled)