Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give a little more hype to other games rather than the "usual ones"

Eager352Eager352 Member Posts: 9

Hi Everyone,

I'd like MMORPG.com to pay more attention to other games than the ones we are really used to hear about all the time. The MMORPG world is huge and we seem to see a limited amount of news and important stuff about lots of "not so known" but great games.

What do you think about this?

Comments

• LnkennLnkenn Member Posts: 16

Well umm theres

Soldier Front

ijji Gunz

Those are the 2 game i used to play but nobody ever talks about them...One of them Gunz isint on the MMORPG Games site list...

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

Do you have a suggestion for them of which to cover?

With 350 or so MMOs, and the numbers growing every montn, the goal for a good news site is to report news that people want to read. That means covering the most popular MMOs the majority of the time.

Here's an example:

If Worlds Apart Online came out with a new expansion today, MMORPG.com would have to even hear about it for it to get reported. If they aren't notidied in some way, they can't possibly be expected to magically know. They also can't be expected to do daily searches of 350 sites for news. Now, let's say they are notified of it, the next question is "How many of our readers will want to hear this?" If there's nothing super notable about the expansion, then it will definitely get skipped. Even if there is something notable about the game, it might get skipped because there are so many more news items that they have to publish about the mainstream and popular MMOs.

If you have news about an obscure or lesser-known MMO, definitely email them. If they feel that this is stuff their audience wants to hear, they'll post it.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • Tara_WindwalkerTara_Windwalker Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Eager352

Hi Everyone,
    I'd like MMORPG.com to pay more attention to other games than the ones we are really used to hear about all the time. The MMORPG world is huge and we seem to see a limited amount of news and important stuff about lots of "not so known" but great games.

What do you think about this?

I totally agree with you.    

• SaetiaBelleSaetiaBelle Member UncommonPosts: 53
    edited November 2023

xx

Post edited by SaetiaBelle on
    Hey, Belle here. Full time mom of 3. Married to Dwayne. Moved to the US some years ago. Love it! 
    "Forget the unwritten, uncollected works of the poet
    You never were." - a song lyric from Saetia, my fave band in the world. 
  • BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

Aion!!!

That is my hype. If anything is going to destroy WoWs deathgrip on the mmorpg demographic its an actual competitor given the subs and thereby money to market that game and improve it(if necessary) as well as make better games.

NCSoft's Aion is the product of funding coming from Guildwars, Lineage, Lineage2...I'd like to think that Aion is better then all the other titles. 

I dunno if my comment makes sense or is relevent. But I need to make some so I can hype Aion. so blah blah

Im at work and tired... so yah.

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• SenadinaSenadina Member UncommonPosts: 896

Yeah, I don't really understand the Aion hype. Been there, done that, it just looks prettier. I will admit I am burned out of high fantasy, and never really liked Asian MMO's, so this isn't a troll post. I just don't think Aion is the savior of MMo's like some claim. I am waiting for the A-list titles in different genres: Champions, SWTOR, The Secret World, the list goes on, and on.....

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

I am interested in different mmos such as Fallen Earth.Champions Online and The Secret World just because they aren't fantasy and they actually do look to be pretty interesting. Ofourse I am eagerly awating The Old Republic and Guild Wars 2 but there will plenty of different mmos to try.

• BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

More hype could be given to the new SE title that is in the works. :P

Codenamed "Rapture"

Maybe SE will see how much we want something truly polished to play,  and give us our new MMORPG.

I have my fingers crossed for Aion and I am searching this site for other fun games, have given though to Anlantica, but I may go back to FF11 just because of how well made, if Aion doesn't work out.

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)