Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gaming Communites

Sporker22Sporker22 Member Posts: 2

In being a long time lurker, I have high hopes for this game.  One thing that bothers me is the amount of bad topics up for view; people telling who's right, who's wrong and sometimes just things that make me scream "WTF!".  (yes i know scary)

I'm here to simple bring a topic that hopefully we can build around for imformation, and good views.  The topics I have in mind follow.

A.)  What are the effects of FPV only, according to you?  Don't want to know about the game, just yourself.

B.)  What will you do first upon entering the game based on what you know now?

C.)  Do you think this community will have have different people?  By that I mean your casual, hard-core, pk's, carebares, etc.

D.)  What do you expect to get out of this game?

Quick thing about C.  In this thread, to avoid people feeling we are attacking them, Carebears will mean:  Do not like risk taking and Casual:  Inability to play for hours on end.  Basically I'm doing this based on how some people take these terms to far extreams on what they intend for it to mean.  Of course you can state otherwise in you post.

And my answers to the questions.

1.)  I personally think I will enjoy it.  I find restricting everyone will put me in an enviroment where I feel more in control.  It will put a whole new meaning to stealth, and I really like the idea of actually aiming and hitting.

2.)  Explore.  I want to see how deep my options will go and how quickly progression will send me to new content.  Yes I will be the one to attack the 20ft. tall troll with my twig.

3.)  As of what I've seen, it's mostly just a hate you, we're better fight.  I want to keep this part of the dicussion on topic, and I know there will be flaming.  Just please, if your exited about the game, or hate, just keep it civil and get your points across.  We will be much more responsive and understand what you mean if you present a good arguement.

4.)  I'm hopeing to get the feel of active combat and the ability to break away from molds.  I'm just tired of WoW. (I use WoW simply because it is a well known game that most people have played)  Being able to smash someones face with a sword seems great.  I just hope that the world doesn't go unoticed as it does in so many games.  Take SWG for example.  It was kinda pointless to explore every inch of the worlds. (not to mention it would take you forever)  So to sum it up basically:  immese world where more than just hot spots have action, active combat and the skill system.

So here you guys go.  And don't worry I'm use to other people's crap, so let's just ignore the posters that just want to flame for once.  Perhaps we can have a thread here where it can be informative on what people really think.

Comments

• IVlonarchIVlonarch Member Posts: 44

im pretty excited for this game. i cant wait to see the unreal 3 engine in a FP-mmo. Should be a great new feel to the genre. player housing, player economy, realtime pvp, sounds to good not to give it a try. They really need to have a successful launch tho. start things off right. i have high hopes for this game and cant wait : )

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    A.)  What are the effects of FPV only, according to you?  Don't want to know about the game, just yourself.
    I think it bring more excitement to pvp; you have to watch your back, you get to sneak up on people, it allows for extra visual effects and generally feels more immersive. As long as they implement a good way to view your character like in your character screen, I'm not objecting.
    B.)  What will you do first upon entering the game based on what you know now?
    Making alts (to benefit the most from the Deva skill system), after that it will be exploring the world on my main.
    C.)  Do you think this community will have have different people?  By that I mean your casual, hard-core, pk's, carebares, etc.
    Yes; they are not only catering to a free for all pvp crowd but to the immersion seekers as well. Having a complex crafting system, player housing, mount taming, blood mix system and loads of other game features to enhance the realism / immersion aspects makes that I think it is a rp'ers dream come true, actually.
    Even if you can be attacked in towns and settlements, there are a lot of reasons to be careful with that. Those would tone down the ganking a little and give people the breathing space to do other stuff than just pvp.
    D.)  What do you expect to get out of this game?
    A long time mmorpg addiction *grins*. And I hope that it will be very successful and that it will rub off on other companies and inspire them to take a good look at how the total concept of MO has been build up on pretty smart game mechanics and features.
    disclaimer: I'm not saying that MO can not be disappointing or that the devs can't screw up anything at all, we will just have to see about that. At least in theory the game looks ace to me.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

1. Greater immersion, more strategy involved since you'll need to actually watch your back...

2. Team up and explore since, if I understand correctly, there won't be any level based restriction. Everyone will be able to help in a group.

3. I think this game won't appeal everyone due to its charateristics, but we'll still see all kind of gamers.

4. I hope to get the same feel as I got from UO... A feeling of freedom everytime I log in.