Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GM given tip to get rid of an annoying bug

finglefingle Member Posts: 124

I had a nasty little bug that stopped me looking at linked items in the chat screen and in the auction houses.

I decided to ask for GM support and after a few hours one came along. Firstly this was the most cheerful and concerned GM I have ever spoken to and I have been playing these games since.. well since there were games like this to play.

ANyway to get to the point he told me to delete a coupe of folders from my WoW directory, I think they were the config files or something. The folder names were WTF and WDB. I did as he asked (he waited for me in game to check that the problem was solved ) and it worked.

He went on to say that a number of bugs can be fixed by deleting these two folders but did not explain what they were. 

When I logged back in after deleting these folders my settings seemed to have reverted to default.

Hope this is of help to someone.

/Salute Blizzards GM's. It must be a tough job atm,  keeping cheerful in the face of ranting stressed players cannot be easy.

It took about 7 hours for a GM to get me, that was no shock to me given their current workload.

Laters and have fun!!

"And one and two and through and through his vorpal blade went snicker snack. He left it dead and with its head he went galumphing back.

"And hast thou slain the Jabbywock my son?"

"AYE!!" says Fingle""

"And one and two and through and through his vorpal blade went snicker snack. He left it dead and with its head he went galumphing back.

"AYE!!" says Fingle""

Comments

• finglefingle Member Posts: 124

Just a quick bump

Maybe we should turn this into a thread with other suggestions / solutions to WoW problems?

"AYE!!" says Fingle""

"AYE!!" says Fingle""

• PaganchildPaganchild Member Posts: 159

I have a strange bug with my character select screen. At the character select screen, my toons are nekkid, but they have all of their gear in the game. I know this is a trivial bug, but it gets annoying after a while.

Casador
    Level 19 Night Elf Hunter

Silvermoon server

• starman999starman999 Member Posts: 1,232

We all do.....

They mentioned on the website that alot of people have naked characters at the login screen right now. Apparently they are working on it. I really dont mind since it doesnt really affect the gameplay. As long as my guy has his stuff when i log in I dont care if he is a naturalist on his own time.

"When You Earnestly Believe You Can Compensate For A Lack Of Skill By Doubling Your Efforts, There's No End To What You Can't Do."

Critical thinking is a desire to seek, patience to doubt, fondness to meditate, slowness to assert, readiness to consider, carefulness to dispose and set in order; and hatred for every kind of imposture.

• finglefingle Member Posts: 124

Yeah I asked the GM about that and got the same reply .. they are working on it but who gives a damn as long as we can play!! woot

"AYE!!" says Fingle""

"AYE!!" says Fingle""

• flyngtrmptflyngtrmpt Member Posts: 227

Originally posted by starman999
    We all do.....
    They mentioned on the website that alot of people have naked characters at the login screen right now. Apparently they are working on it. I really dont mind since it doesnt really affect the gameplay. As long as my guy has his stuff when i log in I dont care if he is a naturalist on his own time.

"When You Earnestly Believe You Can Compensate For A Lack Of Skill By Doubling Your Efforts, There's No End To What You Can't Do."

Thats exactly how I feel starman!! so long as my gear is there when i log on i don't really care if its not there on the login screen... i think they look cooler with the gear but its not that big a deal. i'm sure they'll figure it out in the next week and we'll all be back to looking at clothed characters

~Flyngtrmpt

Mattimeo - Officer in Light Brigade - Daggerspine

Dwarf Rogue