Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is wrong with Siege Perilous?

noxxlenoxxle Member Posts: 119

For all of you that quit playing after UO turned into a carebear game, why didn't you just play on SP?

Comments

• Jerid13Jerid13 Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by noxxle

For all of you that quit playing after UO turned into a carebear game, why didn't you just play on SP?

For those of us who quit before it became totally carebare, what is Siege Perilous?

(I quit he instant they announced Trammel, finally gave into EQ, shortly before becoming a DAOC addict)

Please explain more...

I'm kinda curious

• LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

LBR

AOS

SE

ML

That's what's wrong with Siege.

• VallendVallend Member Posts: 12

Siege Perilous is a special ruleset shard that launched on July 15, 1999. The idea behind the shard was to create a more "difficult" and challenging shard for UO veterans.

No Item Insurance

No Trammel facet

Felucca ruleset on all remaining facets (Ilshenar, Malas, etc.)

Each player can use a Personal Bless on one item, activated via Contextual Menu

Character Transfer is prohibited to and from Siege

Murderers and criminals will not be able to kick/ban others from their home, nor will they be able to log out instantly

The title “Murderer” has been done away with, murderers will now show their karma/fame title

No Recall or Sacred Journey spells

Siege Perilous contains the Ilshenar and Malas facets. Both do have Felucca (SP) ruleset. No Trammel ruleset on Siege at all.

Siege Perilous is geared towards group PvP, with many large guilds of both PKs and Antis. Siege is the shard for those players who miss the old days, but still want the new items and skills. 

• Jerid13Jerid13 Member Posts: 465
    Originally posted by Vallend

Siege Perilous is a special ruleset shard that launched on July 15, 1999. The idea behind the shard was to create a more "difficult" and challenging shard for UO veterans.
    No Item Insurance

No Trammel facet

Felucca ruleset on all remaining facets (Ilshenar, Malas, etc.)

Each player can use a Personal Bless on one item, activated via Contextual Menu

Character Transfer is prohibited to and from Siege

Murderers and criminals will not be able to kick/ban others from their home, nor will they be able to log out instantly

The title “Murderer” has been done away with, murderers will now show their karma/fame title
    No Recall or Sacred Journey spells
    Siege Perilous contains the Ilshenar and Malas facets. Both do have Felucca (SP) ruleset. No Trammel ruleset on Siege at all.
    Siege Perilous is geared towards group PvP, with many large guilds of both PKs and Antis. Siege is the shard for those players who miss the old days, but still want the new items and skills. 

That sounds almost fun, if only they got rid of all the extra expantion pack crap they added in after 1999.

The game was golden before UO:R came in.  What a horrible idea.

• obiiobii Member UncommonPosts: 804

AGE OF SHIT

:)

• NussbaumNussbaum Member Posts: 27

At the time there were a number of reasons I didn't go play on SP. It's is/was hosted in Texas if im not mistaken, which would mean a +100 ms ping.  Also a stupid skill gain system, no recall and it didn't have stat loss but some sort  of 'good/evil' system.And worst of all was that it had no precasting(and probably not instant hit either).

I didnt join SP later when UO:R came out because SP was a server thought up by Runesabre. (His only contribution to Uo before that was a blacksmithing guide which was more a whine about PKs killing miners.) He never liked pre-casting and instant hit because it interfered with his view of how pvp in uo should be, namely group vs group with every template (read: 'class') having distinct roles.  No suprise that the factions-system and the PvP of UO:R were also his idea.Compared to the pre-UOR shards, SP was still a step back I wasn't willing to make. On top of that  when UO:R came out with features I hated I really wasn't going to play the shard of the guy who came up with them.