Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm addicted to Aion!

Fa+eFa+e Vanguard CorrespondentMember Posts: 190

Man, I've never been a fanboi, except maybe when it came to Vanguard, but not even then...I saw the flaws of the game, I just also saw it's potential.  But with this game, I'm ready to sign the ledger, take the pledge, and wear my pin proudly on campus.  I'm hooked.  I'm not by anyway saying the game is perfect, but I've been looking out for Aion for the past 2 years; ever since I saw the very first flight video and I am happy to not be let down by the fruition of that time.  It reminds me so much of what first made me love RPG's in the first place (FFVII), and what first drew me to MMO's (living in an anime world...Ragnarok).  So with the game as it is now, and the potential for growth and improvement...I think my search is over.  I will still try other games, because that's just fun, but I believe Aion will be home.

Currently Playing: Aion
Trying Out:
Retired: The Chronicles of Spellborn, EvE, LotRo, WoW, VG, AoC, CoX, RO
Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Black Prophecy, Global Agenda, The Agency, SW:ToR, T.E.R.A.
Working On: The 5th Dimension (coming soon)

Comments

• aretinaaretina Member UncommonPosts: 104

You are not alone , i waited for Aion so loong ( GIMME EU VERSION!) currently i'm playng on Chinese serwer and i'm totally hooked into it.

Combat , classes ( hard to choose one! ) , crafting , housing in future , gorgious graphics close to 0 bugs, some companies should learn how to relase games.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Totally your not alone I'm addicted too ! normally I'm very sensible with my playing time but this game is sooo good I just cant stop playing .... even upgraded to Adult account because I just had to play longer .. I'm worried now lol

Dont know about the next big big game, but Aion is so good its going to come close .. love it !

• Fa+eFa+e Vanguard CorrespondentMember Posts: 190

You know what, so long as we have a decently sized community where you don't have to search for hours to put together a group to do the elite missions, I will be happy.  I wouldn't mind having a tight-knit community.  It doesn't have to be the "Next Big Thing", NCsoft just has to stay on the track they are on with the game, for it to be the game for me.

Currently Playing: Aion
    Trying Out:
    Retired: The Chronicles of Spellborn, EvE, LotRo, WoW, VG, AoC, CoX, RO
    Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Black Prophecy, Global Agenda, The Agency, SW:ToR, T.E.R.A.
    Working On: The 5th Dimension (coming soon)

• Shin-RaShin-Ra Member Posts: 82

Aion is going to be home for many ppl, including myseld :) 

• FastTxFastTx Member UncommonPosts: 756

I myself am barely resisting the urge to play on the Chinese servers. They need to get this thing rolling for us already! It's a finished, complete MMO! I don't mind them polishing it up and making sure it has a huge impact on the western market. I'm hoping for a huge success. I only got to level 14 too, and everything after that just seems so compelling. I haven't been this excited for an MMO since I started playing MMO's.

• clwoodsclwoods Member Posts: 625

The only game coming out in the near future that even has a chance of getting me away from Aion is The Secret World, and that game has a while to go.  There's a pretty good chance I'll be riding until the wheels fall off here.

• WrenderWrender Member Posts: 1,386

How big of a pain in the ass is it to play on chinese servers and be able to read it in english and manage account since I don't read a lick of chinese?

• Enforcer71Enforcer71 Member UncommonPosts: 780

I am also looking forward to this game as are many others and I havent even played it yet. All the positive feedback from those that are playing it just makes me want to play it even more.

There is only one other game I am looking at other then Aion and that is SWTOR which is still a ways off so the sooner Aion comes out the better..lol

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
    80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
    Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
    and he will bring the others home.
    -Heraclitus 500BC

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

Been playing Asmo so that when it comes out over here the Elyos content is 100% new to me. Haven't been this entertained by an MMO in a while.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?