Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gates Hails Soldier Snapped in Pink Boxer Shorts

EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Hahaha. I Love Our Troops.

Linkie

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
—Samuel Adams

Comments

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

lol i wonder how many of the talibans social taboo's he broke

(note to any idiot wanting to flame me i said taliban who are persepctively for their culture 10times as conervative as neo nazi's, compared to muslims)

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715

This is being blown up way too much.. Way too much.

He was in his body armor and donned his kevlar helmet. It's not like he was laying in the sand on some frontline combat, he was in a defensive position, behind cover in his body armor.

This happens all the time, I've seen it myself. It happens because sometimes people fire at where you sleep, and where you sleep is right next to where you fight back.. see how that works?

Not much balls involved there..

He shouldn't have been in civilian clothes in the first place, even sleeping. I know all kinds of guys that did that, instead of wearing at least a PT uniform, they would wear civilian clothes, which you're not supposed to do. Yeah, it's all funny and amusing that he's in his boxers and flip-flops, supposedly returning fire, but what if one of the soldiers gets hit and rolls down the hill? He gonna run down the rocks in his sandals?

People lack the perception of how combat works in Iraq.

Note: Further look at the photo reveals to me that they are most likely at a forward observation post, a look-out camp if you will. The soldier on the right is wearing sneakers and let's not forget there is a cameraman right behind them.

This is yet another PR stunt by the Dept. of Defense and media to portray the war as something less than horrific...

People's attention should be turned to the fact there are more suppressed torture documents, videos and pictures, depicting the rape of children in front of their parents to extract intelligence. There is a gag order on the evidence, with the government claiming it would be far too dangerous to the troops overseas should they release them to the public and further inflame the Muslims.

Yeah, so fuck this.. this isn't news or something to smile about.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Civilian clothes are one thing, Pink boxers are another.  But who the hell allowed that soldier to own a bright red shirt on the battlefield?  Is his nickname "bulls eye"?  Damn you could spot that at 4000 yards!

I think the person who should be commended is the guy standing directly next to him and not strangling the guy

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

Well, he's wearing a red shirt. I bet if it's anything like when I was in the service, he threw them all in with his laundry bag and got a few more things that came out pink, lol.

Those laundry bags stunk, just had holes in them like a diver's bag or sometimes you washed them inside a pillowcase so you didn't lose your socks.

His CC is going to catch hell, though.