Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for Victims of Ganking

gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

As we all know, AoC has an open PvP system an as a result there is widespread ganking. You will be ganked while questing, while handing in quests, and sometimes even when you are at an outpost standing next to a guard. People want pvp gear so in order to do this they must take your life.

So, to the victims of ganking, here are a few tidbits to help ease your pain and suffering:

1) Make friends, party. You can easily solo this game from start to finish but you are losing out on half the experience. Questing is so much easier and more fun with people around. But more importantly, you get added protection from gankers. Leveling with even just 1 person, will increase your survival chances by 50%. People who gank dont want to die, if they see they cant kill you easily, they wont try it.

2) Hide and sneak past, or change instance.

3) Play a rogue class (so you can conceal yourself while you travel and level), or a tank class (so you can take the inital barrage in order to either fight or run).

4) Fight the gankers! If you are in a party or if the ganker is by themselves you should bite the bullet and fight them. When i started out i died all the time but i kept on coming back because I knew the reason the person was killing me was because he was a better player than me and that i needed the practice.

5) Take cover behind a tree. i discovered that rangers cant do anything to you if you stay behind a tree. If they try to come close to you to shoot you, their attack speed is slow enough that you can just keep on moving behind the tree to get out of their line of sight.

Ok actually thats all I have for now. Sorry. If anyone else has more, please contribute. thanks.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Comments

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Yeah you covered the main points on how to avoid getting ganked.

One more is to roll on a PvE server.

Although i do like open world pvp, there is nothing more frustrating than being ganked over and over when trying to quest.

I solved all my problems by moving to a PvE server. Where i use mini games to satisfy my pvp requirements.

Later when i get to 80 there will be seige warfare and i hear that the Border Kingdoms is also open PvP even on a PvE server, so rolling on a PvE server is not the end of PvP, but you get it in a controlled manner and when you want it..........

Originally posted by Martie

"Or change instance", lol.  The death of the game right there amongst many others.

Just as it is the death of EQ2 that has instancing as well eh?!?

Originally posted by VultureSkull

"Or change instance", lol.  The death of the game right there amongst many others.

Just as it is the death of EQ2 that has instancing as well eh?!?

Yep because 100% guarnateed Soe expcted EQ2 to be huge, and probably the biggest mmo.  So yes, also for 2+ years staright from release eq2 was a huge failure.  By the creators and Soe eq2 is probably a huge failure on what they expcted.

Aha failure, but not death................

Those are two distinctly different terms. I can except that AoC and EQ2 maybe considered failures if you look at the popularity of WoW, but far, far from death.

To be honest i have played both AoC and EQ2 and instancing has only once been an issue, and seriously doubt that they caused the failure of either. More likely performance and content.

I am not saying instancing is ideal, far from it, but to be the cause of a death/failure of a game, i say no no no.