Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it a MMO?

2»

Comments

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566
    Originally posted by Locklain

Originally posted by Quirhid

Originally posted by Kazzer

Originally posted by Martie

There are rumors going around this game is going to be heavily instnaced and zoned like Aoc.

And for now, that is all they are.  Just like living in a small town you don't believe anything anyone says unless it is from the person the rumor is about.

yea to many rumors, i want the truth! :-) hehe

all tho i hope its not "HEAVILY" instanced, sounds like alot :-p

Instanced or not. MMO or not. Insignificant as long as it's good.

My thoughts exactly.  If the gameplay is good, I couldn't care less if the PC was stuck inside a cube for the entire game.

I'm not worying about the gameplay. I am worying about MA IMMERSHUNZ!11

If only half of the rumors are true, and it's essentially a guildwars but with more distinct storylines I think I won't touch it, even if the gameplay is fun. I like my ' rpg'  in ' mmorpg'  too much for that. But we shall see.

• Sain34Sain34 Member UncommonPosts: 293

Micro-transaction does not necessarily mean the game will have an  item mall. It may mean nothing more than every couple weeks they'll release a new mini exspansion for a few dollars.

• KazzerKazzer Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by Sain34

Micro-transaction does not necessarily mean the game will have an  item mall. It may mean nothing more than every couple weeks they'll release a new mini exspansion for a few dollars.

ahh that i like, cous thats what they did in in EQ2, sometimes, i would actually love it, if they did things like that

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

wheres the no one knows option?

Originally posted by aleos

wheres the no one knows option?

becous its about what you think

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
     I do believe that Bioware has already stated that TOR will be micro-transaction based.

Someone at Bioware said this and then retracted it. At this point, we don't know what it will be.

The most frustrating thing about all of this for me is the fact that so little information has been released so far... it leads to wild, uninformed speculation.

Originally posted by Anubisan

I do believe that Bioware has already stated that TOR will be micro-transaction based.

Someone at Bioware said this and then retracted it. At this point, we don't know what it will be.

The most frustrating thing about all of this for me is the fact that so little information has been released so far... it leads to wild, uninformed speculation.

exacly my thoughts, they need to release more info, i mean 2 classes :-(

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

Originally posted by Kazzer

Here is the artical where EA says TOR will be micro-trans.
    http://www.massively.com/2008/12/09/star-wars-the-old-republic-to-be-microtransaction-based

I am looking for the dev interview where they say they like WoW and will use it as a model.

so they are going for the millioners crowd? if so, they wont get many subs, i dont like it when its not fair for everyone, everyone plays the same game, bought it, they should be treated the same, imo

People always overreact to this micro-transaction payment plan. It also shows who has a superiority complex when they throw a temper tantrum because someone with more money could get the new shiny items and they were too pig headed to buy it. You are not paying a sub fee so instead spend that $15.00 a month on transactions to get your "shinies"

I for one love micro-transaction because I can get away with a free game while everyone else needs to be "superior" and drop massive cash on it.

It is not about superiority, it is about playing a game on equal terms, WoW shows us it is by far the most profitable and most popular.

I am not very interested in TOR, and if it will be micro transaction based, I won't even try it.

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

I still think they will make it 50/50, otherwise they would not have called it MMO. But thats just my hope. ;)

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• Wookiee6648Wookiee6648 Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by Sain 34

Here is the artical where EA says TOR will be micro-trans.
    http://www.massively.com/2008/12/09/star-wars-the-old-republic-to-be-microtransaction-based

I am looking for the dev interview where they say they like WoW and will use it as a model.

No one knows the business model yet. Many Bioware employees have said that it is still in the works.   Also Bioware and EA will be parting ways down the line, so EA does not have much say in the future of Bioware and Pandemic games. =o)

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

As they get closer to the finished product then more info should becoming availible to us. Think most companies are starting to get it and not give too much info on games while in development.

• nratnamnratnam Member UncommonPosts: 186

I hope its not instanced but if it dones excelllently and its not massively noticeable then should be fine.

Something new that i haven't seen mmos do is have a companion character. Not really sure how good this is gonna be but it looks interesting. Just hoping its not a gimmick addition to show the mmo is different.

All will be reavealed i guess....