Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Silly Question

EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

I have A LOTRO Account. Is there any way to turn off all the adds? My God You would Swear Im not paying for the damn game...

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
—Samuel Adams

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Also anyone playing DnD online is it as bad there?

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• blindside044blindside044 Member Posts: 250

Not sure what you mean; what adds?

And DDO is pretty good.. but LoTRO is better.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by Ekibiogami

I have A LOTRO Account. Is there any way to turn off all the adds? My God You would Swear Im not paying for the damn game...

Not sure what you are talking about. Do you mean ads? There are no ads in LOTRO. Do you mean Turbine's game advertisement when the game launches for playing at 9.95 a month? That ad? That one ad that pops up for a couple seconds when you log in is that hard for you to deal with? Other then that there are no ads in LOTRO. People will complain about anything.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• TelonTelon Member Posts: 81

LotRO has no ads in it.  The only thing that might be considered an ad is on the loading screen.  Only thing that does is let you know of an upcoming update, etc.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Oh come on, there is a start up add. You fanboys are much too defensive.

That's always annoyed me, too. I have a lifetime sub and I own Moria, so stop trying to sell me anything...

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• TettersTetters Member Posts: 221
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

That's always annoyed me, too. I have a lifetime sub and I own Moria, so stop trying to sell me anything...

It is annoying but it can be removed easily, its somewhere in your LOTRO folder. I dont think people are being too defensive, the OP talks about 'all the adds'. My guess is he is a hater with not much else to do but post pointlessness.

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

While I share your mild annoyance with the spash screen startup add, one add is not the same thing as "adds."  The OP reads like someone playing a pay optional MMO like Dungeon Runners or Anarchy Online. 

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195

amazing...."fanboys"?...because we think it's ridiculous that someone complains about a 10 second add?...sure.  Actually , it is the OP that is the true fanboy...so eager to play Lotro that a brief add can not be tolerated.  I have no problem with the wait myself. Hmmm.

• YeeboYeebo Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    Originally posted by BarCrow

amazing...."fanboys"?...because we think it's ridiculous that someone complains about a 10 second add?...sure.  Actually , it is the OP that is the true fanboy...so eager to play Lotro that a brief add can not be tolerated.  I have no problem with the wait myself. Hmmm.

Yes, of course.  Didn't you know that anyone that hangs out on a LoTRO message board and has the temerity to point it out when someone criticizes the game for something that isn't actually true is a rabid drooling fanboy?

I don't want to write this, and you don't want to read it. But now it's too late for both of us.

• WickedjellyWickedjelly Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,990

You don't even have to mess with any folders or anything if doing those types of things worries you might get rid of the wrong thing.  All you have to do is hit the Esc button and it skips it.  Not sure what the big deal is.

1. For god's sake mmo gamers, enough with the analogies. They're unnecessary and your comparisons are terrible, dissimilar, and illogical.

2. To posters feeling the need to state how f2p really isn't f2p: Players understand the concept. You aren't privy to some secret the rest are missing. You're embarrassing yourself.

3. Yes, Cpt. Obvious, we're not industry experts. Now run along and let the big people use the forums for their purpose.

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

I must have missed something, I don't remember that from my three whole weeks trying out that game. There wasn't any delay though, I just fired up the game, waited a few seconds while it checked files then entered password and that was it. Is there more than one version or something like that?

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by Wickedjelly

You don't even have to mess with any folders or anything if doing those types of things worries you might get rid of the wrong thing.  All you have to do is hit the Esc button and it skips it.  Not sure what the big deal is.

Oh my God! Someone would have to go through the agony of hitting the Esc key? Turbine is asking to much, I will be cancelling my subscription today.

Wow yall are Nuts :P

And NOT IN THE GAME. Im talking about on their Site/ the Log in Box. If theres a way around it then please Do tell. Otherwise the rest of you can go play Darkfail. you sould like the fanboys from over there anyways.

—Samuel Adams

Originally posted by Tetters

It is annoying but it can be removed easily, its somewhere in your LOTRO folder. I dont think people are being too defensive, the OP talks about 'all the adds'. My guess is he is a hater with not much else to do but post pointlessness.

And your a Overy Defencive fanboy...

I like the game. But Turbine is Fucking anoying.

—Samuel Adams

• SlimfrogSlimfrog Member Posts: 77

And you, my good sir, cannot spell for sh**. Have a wonderful day!

Originally posted by Slimfrog

And you, my good sir, cannot spell for sh**. Have a wonderful day!

Just figured that out Hunh?

—Samuel Adams

• ColonialColonial Member Posts: 151

Do you mean the ads from people advertising their items on the auction house?  Thats real players not companies.

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

And NOT IN THE GAME. Im talking about on their Site/ the Log in Box. If theres a way around it then please Do tell. Otherwise the rest of you can go play Darkfail. you sould like the fanboys from over there anyways.

I still have NO idea what you dude are talking about....?

Why do you need the LOTRO site to play, for starters?

And the login box... never even check it. Fire up the client, enter PW, logging in. There are AD's? Playing for 2 years, this is news to me :)

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• kaa4everkaa4ever Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

I still have NO idea what you dude are talking about....?

Why do you need the LOTRO site to play, for starters?

And the login box... never even check it. Fire up the client, enter PW, logging in. There are AD's? Playing for 2 years, this is news to me :)

DB

What a wierd topic.

I think he means the add in the launcher, u know the dwarf holding a big axe, and it says something like Lotro for only 9.99£.

Cant see its a problem, as long as theres no ingame adds they can put all they want in the launcher / on their website.

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

"sigh" I bet if it popped up offering free Booze, Sex  and a  Lifetime sub he would'nt complain ..... People eh dontcha just love their crap ....

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by summitus

"sigh" I bet if it popped up offering free Booze, Sex  and a  Lifetime sub he would'nt complain ..... People eh dontcha just love their crap ....

now ain't that he truth!  I had to read halfway through this thread to figure out WTF the OP was even talking about. If the splash screen was the biggest problem I ever had with a MMO then I would have no problems.

I miss DAoC

Originally posted by Jackdog

now ain't that he truth!  I had to read halfway through this thread to figure out WTF the OP was even talking about. If the splash screen was the biggest problem I ever had with a MMO then I would have no problems.

Lol No kidding right? Every Fanboy in here should be thriled that My bigest complante isent even in the game...

Seriously tho Someone said there was a way to remove this... Does ANYONE know how???

—Samuel Adams

• korat102korat102 Member Posts: 313

Lol No kidding right? Every Fanboy in here should be thriled that My bigest complante isent even in the game...

Seriously tho Someone said there was a way to remove this... Does ANYONE know how???

I've never even noticed it! Why is it so important?

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

In the top left corner of your keyboard there is a key called "Esc". If you press this key then it will dissapear!

Good luck :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd