Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

good standings all around?

JuJutsuJuJutsu Member Posts: 331

Another n00b question. In the EVE online forums I've seen a number of posts along the lines of "I've been doing lots of missions for faction X and now my standings with faction Y are bad, what can I do?" Is it possible to maintain decent standings with all 4 factions simultaneously?

I'm almost through the epic arc missions and I'm starting to think about regular mission running. I'd like to be able to get good standing with Caldari but I don't really want a big negative standing with Gallente and Minmatar. Can I spread missions around the other factions and still build Caldari?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by JuJutsu

Another n00b question. In the EVE online forums I've seen a number of posts along the lines of "I've been doing lots of missions for faction X and now my standings with faction Y are bad, what can I do?" Is it possible to maintain decent standings with all 4 factions simultaneously?
    I'm almost through the epic arc missions and I'm starting to think about regular mission running. I'd like to be able to get good standing with Caldari but I don't really want a big negative standing with Gallente and Minmatar. Can I spread missions around the other factions and still build Caldari?
    Thanks for the help.

When you find a mission that lets you destroy another races ships just skip that one. try not to skip too many though.

Luckily missions like that are few and far between.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

It is possible to repair standings with a faction, as long as you dont go below -2.0 (modified) with that faction, the negative quality agents will still talk to you if you are above that.

Other ways are the corporations Sisters of Eve and Interbus.

Sisters of Eve allows you to repair Gallente faction standings, with a little bit for Minmatar. (When you've repaired you Gallente, you can always use them to repair your Minmatar standings)

Note: Sisters of eve has -0.25 standings to ammatar and -1.0 standings for amarr, so progressing with standings for SOE will harm your amarr standings a bit, net gain is usually worth it though.

Interbus allows you to repair your standings with Caldari, there are however, NO storyline agents for the interbus faction, so its slow going. As before you can use caldari standing to improve your amarr standings.

Another way are the Event Agents. I think, but i'm not entirely sure about this, that event agents will talk to you no matter what your standing is. These agents are located throughout each empire factions space (so you have to be able to fly in those empires without their navies shooting you, I believe thats standing -4.0 modified). These agents send you on missions which lead to the next event agent in the ring, you do the loop and keep going if you need more standings repair.

Currently there are no ways to repair pirate faction standings after you go below -2.0 modified (unless you know people who run missions for them and can get ride alongs with standings sharing which is very very slow).

Edit: Oops, I forgot datacenters, if your standings arent too bad you can turn in the relevant pirate faction tags at datacenters and get standings increases. Read more about Datacentres here

http://www.eve-wiki.net/index.php?title=Data_Center_Agents

• Brain-deadBrain-dead Member Posts: 256

Is it possible to maintain decent standings with all 4 factions simultaneously?

Short answer: Yes.

Avoid missions that call for you to kill people in the other factions. From what I understand, simply accepting a mission that calls for you to kill them gets you a faction hit, even if you never actually do it. Doing this you can maintain decent faction with all four empires (meaning enough that you can do missions for all of them and

But it means you will never have good standings with any of them. In pleasing one you will be stepping on the toes of another.

That being said, I wouldnt worry about it too much. I spent my entire career murdering Gallente for years in Caldari missions. Then I decided I liked Gallentean ideology and wanted to switch allegence. Even after years of murdering them in missions I only had (I think) a -.6 faction or so.

Which I fixed by training Diplomacy and Connections skills. (Diplomacy raises faction with all empires that you are negative to, and Connections raises faction with all empires you are positive to). They raised it enough for me to do missions for Gallente agents, and I got it positive from there.