First of all id like to say the core concept of this game is fenomenal, the game makes you feel immersed and you feel as if you ineed assume the roll of a space pilot.
So the following are my personal pet pees that i feel if addressed in some manner would have made the game much more enjoyable for me:
- Language - Players should start with a higher base language skill in order to interact with other players, especially if the game allows players to pick their starting areas.
- The language barrier became very frustrating too early in the game while trying to interact with other players in order to learn components of the game.
- I quickly found my self trying to use the CHAT window in order to understand what other players where trying to explain to me.
- The overhead chat tends to add additional letters while typing which was an annoying bug, felt like i had a sticky keyboard.
- CHAT channels did not provide me the ability to scroll back if the text was burried by other posts, making it very frustrating having to tell people to please repeat what they said.
- Movement - felt very slugish and often found my self fighting with the mouse and view in order to get my avatar to move in the direction i needed him to.
- NPC - Often dont respond to clicks or allow a new player [like my self] to understand which _text_ typed commands they respond to.
- GUI - I found my self constantly shifting windows around, meaning if i open a window and place it at x,y coord and then close it and then re-open the same window it doesnt remember its last location of placement, making the process of having to open and shift windows around abit cumbersome.
- for a DX9 graphics engine it felt very sluggish and laggy even
- textures for objects i.e. floors, walls, ...etc.. again for a DX9 engine more could have been done.
- Graphics - Im sure i dont need to get into this one as everyone is well aware.
Again these are just my personal opinions which i felt would have made my experience abit more enjoyable. I truely LOVE the concept of this game, and lord knows with proper funding an a good team of artist and graphics designers this game would truely be ONE of a kind.
As it stands now the game feels more [to me] like a hidden Gem in a large pile of glass. Although 9.99 a month may not sound like a allot it quickly adds up when folks have more than 2 or 3 accounts with other MMO's, so for me to pay a monthly fee for SQO it would have to be polished abit more, if not graphics at least in movement and overall game feel.
I wish i had the capital to invest with, for i would surely fund the makers of SQO in order to see this game truely flourish!
10 print "go home"
20 goto 10