Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cacelling Spellborn WTF!

I decided to cancel my spellborn subscription today.  I have two accounts, one for me and one for my son.  I like the game but there doesn't seem to be very many people playing so i decided to come back to it later.  I play on pvp server. 

So, I login to my account on acclaims website.  Guess what?  There is no cancel option.  Yep, you heard right.  I actually had to open up a chat, wait 20 minutes, then talk to a guy to block my acclaim accounts.  Which he did.  However, You lose any extra days you may have on your account.  Redic.

Then he tells me that i have to email tcossupport in order to make sure my credit card doesn't get billed again.  LOL>  I only wish i was kidding.  I've emailed them but haven't heard back yet. 

So, there you go.  For those that may one day want or need to cancel your subscription.  Give yourself lots of time.  hahaha.

Acclaim has lost me as a customer for good. 

Comments

• hidden1hidden1 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

I had the same problem so I waited for chat help.  The help on chat finally told me that they remove the cancellation button during the time they give 2 weeks free.  Not sure what the logic is behind that but I found it annoying nonetheless.  I don't think I'll ever subscribe to any Acclaim games again after that.  He told me to check next week to watch for the cancellation button to appear.

Seems like a desperate way to keep subscribers... and a bit shady on Acclaim's part to say the least.

• RellimnietsRellimniets Member Posts: 45

I had something similair going on like that but mine had to do with the coins purchased and not applying the credit to the proper server and it took them about 5 emails spread out over 8 days to get it fixed. I was also told to email that addy you mentioned. Good game though, just wasnt enough playing for me.

• daylight01daylight01 Member Posts: 2,250

I feel for you guys,

I beta tested TCoS and really enjoyed being a member of the community and looking forward to the release,once Acclaim got named as the publisher for NA I was a bit stunned but decided to keep going,then came the IP blocks(which have since been lifed)but for me this was the last straw,it was bad enough that they allowed acclaim to handle there game,I thought only of games like dance online etc,even blind posters still thought of Acclaim as the old war horse from the 90's,how wrong they were as that company no longer excists and hasnt for many years...only in name...for doubters use wiki.

A big shame as I have said since acclaim got there hands into this title they will get full control sooner rather than later and turn it into another cash shop nightmare,such a shame.

If someone had came up to me in 1980 when I was on my Atari 2600 and said we will be playing games with thousands of people at the same time.I guess my response would have been,"but I only have 2 joysticks"

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/235780/page/8

• mviratamvirata Member UncommonPosts: 55

if you want to hear my story  i tried to cancel also and the they guy in the acclaim chat told me it would not be a recurring bill.  i showed him the link to the web site and then he retracts and says to contact tcos support.

anyway in the official forums of tcos i said something like the GMs are OK but the acclaim customer support sux azzz and the moderator gave me  a "warning" for flaming.

Little does he know that TCOS has a warning from me.  considering they have a low pop losing another sub would be detrimental but hey its their ship not mines.

anyways i decided not to cancel because i fixed the graphical  issue I was having but the cancel button better be there when I do.  my best advice is to just let the credit card company put a stop payment.  they don't seem to know what is going on over on the billing side of things so better safe than sorry.

• AllNewMMOSukAllNewMMOSuk Member Posts: 241
    Originally posted by mvirata

if you want to hear my story  i tried to cancel also and the they guy in the acclaim chat told me it would not be a recurring bill.  i showed him the link to the web site and then he retracts and says to contact tcos support.
    anyway in the official forums of tcos i said something like the GMs are OK but the acclaim customer support sux azzz and the moderator gave me  a "warning" for flaming.
    Little does he know that TCOS has a warning from me.  considering they have a low pop losing another sub would be detrimental but hey its their ship not mines.
    anyways i decided not to cancel because i fixed the graphical  issue I was having but the cancel button better be there when I do.  my best advice is to just let the credit card company put a stop payment.  they don't seem to know what is going on over on the billing side of things so better safe than sorry.

Although I didn't try this game because it seemed like it wouldn't be any good. So I'm not surprised by any of the issues with this game.

The one thing I'd like to point out is people thinking their individual subscription matters. Every MMO forum has the same post of people leaving a game and making a point of it, one sub doesn't matter and companies don't even read those posts. People seem to think they are much more important then they actually are.

• SortisSortis Member UncommonPosts: 193

I was once considering this game but...after hearing this. Thats bullshit! Screw that game. That just screams "our game blows so we need to trap people from canceling this shit so we can siphon money from unsespecting subscribers till they get their credit card bill and realize we dicked them hardcore". To hell with that shit.

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837
    Originally posted by AllNewMMOSuk

Although I didn't try this game because it seemed like it wouldn't be any good. So I'm not surprised by any of the issues with this game.

Why are you posting here if you have no relationship with this game?

Pure troll.

Go away.

• langeweilelangeweile Member Posts: 7

If you don't like Acclaim, you can very well join the European servers (How To).
    The rumors that they're empty are far from true, and it's growing each day. Also the community is much more relaxed over here.

--langeweile
    (Member of Forsaken Gods)

• SampriseSamprise Member Posts: 4

Ok, here's the latest.  I got an email from tcossupport today.  See below.  Basically they are saying that i cannot cancel subscription yet.  LOL>  How in the world can acclaim get away with this?  Whats even better is that when i chatted with acclaim yesterday, they blocked my account (see my first post).  So how the hell am i supposed to access my account online now?  Hahahaha.  Never ever again acclaim. 

Thank you for contacting Acclaim Games.

I understand that you would like information on how to stop the automatic subscription renewal with the credit card payment method.

I would like to inform you that this option is being added soon and you will be able to cancel your recurring subscription before the next billing cycle on the website.

We hope that the addition of this option helps sort out your query regarding the automatic renewal. Rest assured that by the odd chance that you do get billed we will refund it.

Please do get back to us if you have any further queries. We would be glad to assist you.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

To OP, i would seriously suggest you inform your CC company to cancel, rather than waiting for them to come up with the button. Who knows how long it'll take and what excuse they will come up with if they overcharge you.

RIP Orc Choppa

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Samprise

I decided to cancel my spellborn subscription today.  I have two accounts, one for me and one for my son.  I like the game but there doesn't seem to be very many people playing so i decided to come back to it later.  I play on pvp server. 
    So, I login to my account on acclaims website.  Guess what?  There is no cancel option.  Yep, you heard right. 

Hmmm, I found the Cancel option within a couple of minutes.  No hassle at all, well, not on the EU site.

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by Dibdabs

Originally posted by Samprise

So, I login to my account on acclaims website.  Guess what?  There is no cancel option.  Yep, you heard right. 

Hmmm, I found the Cancel option within a couple of minutes.  No hassle at all, well, not on the EU site.

It is not run by the same company.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• Xix13Xix13 Member Posts: 259

Acclaim is a very difficult company for those of us in the US to deal with.  I know from 9Dragons.  I discovered, for example, that Paypal and ClickToBuy will not deal with Acclaim under any circumstances.  And the Credit Card option is on a web page that is not secure.  No way I put my CC number into any unsecured page.

They DO have some good games, which makes it all the more frustrating.  However, I didn't feel that Spellborn was one of them.

-- Xix
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Why, oh WHY, didn't I take the BLUE pill?'"

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837

This is a shoddy shoddy business. They claim they will have this in place next week.

Hmmm...

• Deweycat23Deweycat23 Member Posts: 29

I actually really like this game. I think it is the best game to come along in years. 

The wait alone was enough to kill the game then the IP ban combined with really no advertising and now this. It's like how to shoot yourself in the foot 101. I see why so many are against Acclaim. To bad spellborn NV could not get a better publisher.

I am glad I read this before I decided to sub. Really my only other reason not to sub is the lack of population. The pop is not a big deal for me but the last company I had this type of issue with was Horizon's. Those guys billed me many many months after my sub was cancelled. I am therby fearful that I will like this game even more and in a few months it will be a graveyard.

Bugs eventually get fixed and polish comes in time with any MMO. I love to play but hard to see a future with this game and the way they keep pushing people away. 1 by 1 people will vote with their feet.

• TridianTridian Member UncommonPosts: 273
    Originally posted by markyturnip

Pure troll.

Go away.

Only if that was all he was saying. He did mention he had a point so I don't see where the "trolling" would be.

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I played on both the European and NA servers, I don't remember giving my CC information for either, but to be safe I'll check as I stopped playing the game 7 levels in.

Wait for Diablo 3, and play what looks to me like a much better game for free.

• Trident9259Trident9259 Member UncommonPosts: 860
    Originally posted by markyturnip

Pure troll.

Go away.

clearly you don't seem to know the definition of troll - if  you did you would know that posting an opinion or a thought relevant to the subject even though lacking "relationship" is not trolling.

ironically, his post was far more insightful and relevant than yours.

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

You have got to be f***ing joking!  That is pathetic.

• SampriseSamprise Member Posts: 4

Guess what?  yep, you guessed it.  They freakin charged my credit card again.  LOL>  Even though i have the email from them on May 27th saying,

"We would like to inform you that you will not be charged as we have initiated the cancel process for your account for recurring automatic subscription renewal and it will be done at the earliest"

I've disputed the charge with my credit card company.  What a hassle!  I feel sorry for anyone else that subs to this game. 

• Cik_AsalinCik_Asalin Member Posts: 3,033

I was considering giving this game a test-drive, but never will I now; never.  I feel for those customers who are having this issue and appreciate finding out now that this Acclaim tactic is being used.

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by Cik_Asalin

I was considering giving this game a test-drive, but never will I now; never.  I feel for those customers who are having this issue and appreciate finding out now that this Acclaim tactic is being used.

You can always try the European version of the game. No payment issues have been reported there. Of course, first try the trial to check whether the performance is good for your internet connection.

--
    Delanor

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by langeweile

If you don't like Acclaim, you can very well join the European servers (How To).

The rumors that they're empty are far from true, and it's growing each day. Also the community is much more relaxed over here.
    --langeweile

(Member of Forsaken Gods)

Well at least here in Europe we have a billing system that works and when you cancel, it's actually canceled. AND, you don't lose the days you have left and thus can continue playing till the billing period runs out.

So, altho I'm not subbed since april anymore, Langeweile is right on that.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

i never liked acclaim. I dunno what it was, just the games they put out, it felt like these were the retards of the gaming community. And this thread confirms it. Thanks for tellin us your story, i'll be sure to stay away from anything acclaim touches.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -