Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now that I won a 30 day sub to TCOS ...

Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

how do I go about claiming it?  I got an e-mail and a forum message advising me that I had won, but I have no idea how to claim it vis-a-vis Acclaim.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

Comments

• Xix13Xix13 Member Posts: 259

Suggestion:  Download Rohan or Runes of Magic instead.

Spellborn, while definitely humorous and pretty, is, imo, a game that missed its Window of Opportunity.  It's quirky, to say the least.  Its combat style is odd, but nothing groundbreaking.  If the game had appeared 2 or 3 years ago, I think it would have been a huge success.  But now, it's not really anything to get you going. 

And, be aware, Acclaim games are weird from a pricing standpoint.  They're all F2P with item mall/premium/AcclaimCoins.  They offer a lot of ways to buy more coins and a lot of special offers.  But in the US at least, Paypal and ClickToBuy will not deal with Acclaim.  Unless you wish to give them your Credit Card number on an unsecured site, you're left with Ultimate Game Cards or phone purchase.  Neither of which allows you to take advantage of any special offers.

Also, be aware that Spellborn allows you to get to a whole level 7.9 as F2P and basically won't allow you out of the starter city.  It's a very strange game, with a very strange pricing structure that really (imo) isn't worth the trouble.

-- Xix
    "I know what you're thinking: 'Why, oh WHY, didn't I take the BLUE pill?'"

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Just hang tight - once all winners are confirmed we will send the list over to Acclaim.  You should have your prize in a few weeks at the most.  Congrats!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• Timberwolf0Timberwolf0 Member Posts: 424

What a silly post. The man comes looking for help on how to claim his free trial and you go on a rant about TCOS. Also your statement about an item mall is untrue for TCOS. There is no item mall in that game. Did you even play it beyond the free trial? I can only assume you became frustrated you couldn't play the entire game for free.

TCOS has a fantastic combat system where you must aim your hits to land them. Definitely enjoy your free trial.

As for something constructive to post, contact MMORPG staff.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

it's a long way from being a "fantastic" combat system.  Mildly interesting, a nice step in the right direction, but it isn't that big a deal.  I'd have stuck with the game if it hadn't been for the first two zones, which are incredibly unexciting.

• GrenadierGrenadier Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by Xix13

Not the best way to start your reply. You're suggesting a free to play WoW clone?!
    Spellborn, while definitely humorous and pretty, is, imo, a game that missed its Window of Opportunity. 
    You make it sound like games have an expiration date. This isn't milk we're talking about. MMOG's only get better with age. If anything TCoS isn't quite ready yet. Its Window of Opportunity will be in its prime in a few months from now.

It's quirky, to say the least.  Its combat style is odd, but nothing groundbreaking.  If the game had appeared 2 or 3 years ago, I think it would have been a huge success.  But now, it's not really anything to get you going. 
    Hold on just a second. The combat is not groundbreaking compared to what? Runes of Magic? I'd like you to show me a game that has a combat system that you consider to be groundbreaking.

And, be aware, Acclaim games are weird from a pricing standpoint.  They're all F2P with item mall/premium/AcclaimCoins.  They offer a lot of ways to buy more coins and a lot of special offers.  But in the US at least, Paypal and ClickToBuy will not deal with Acclaim.  Unless you wish to give them your Credit Card number on an unsecured site, you're left with Ultimate Game Cards or phone purchase.  Neither of which allows you to take advantage of any special offers.
    I used Paypal to buy coins for my subscription to TCoS. WTF are you talking about?
    Also, be aware that Spellborn allows you to get to a whole level 7.9 as F2P and basically won't allow you out of the starter city.  It's a very strange game, with a very strange pricing structure that really (imo) isn't worth the trouble.
    For one, they raised the F2P level to 9.9. That lets you complete 99% of the both large zones offered in the trial. And are you seriously complaining about a game offering a free trial?

It is a strange game, but the pricing structure is probably the best thing about it. There is no $50 retail box to buy. All you do is download the free client, try the game, and if you like it you subscribe. Even the subscription can be had for as low as $9.00/month with the coin system making it one of the cheapest MMOG's on the market.

I like the game, but I'll fully admit to the game's faults as well. The sheer volume of misinformation about this game is stagerring. People have been asking for a MMOG that offers something different for over 10 years. When one finally comes along, all people can do is bitch and complain about how its not groundbreaking enough and then go spend their money on another WoW clone. We are getting exactly what we deserve in this market.

• masterbbb26masterbbb26 Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by Grenadier

Originally posted by Xix13

Not the best way to start your reply. You're suggesting a free to play WoW clone?!
    Spellborn, while definitely humorous and pretty, is, imo, a game that missed its Window of Opportunity. 
    You make it sound like games have an expiration date. This isn't milk we're talking about. MMOG's only get better with age. If anything TCoS isn't quite ready yet. Its Window of Opportunity will be in its prime in a few months from now.

It's quirky, to say the least.  Its combat style is odd, but nothing groundbreaking.  If the game had appeared 2 or 3 years ago, I think it would have been a huge success.  But now, it's not really anything to get you going. 
    Hold on just a second. The combat is not groundbreaking compared to what? Runes of Magic? I'd like you to show me a game that has a combat system that you consider to be groundbreaking.

I used Paypal to buy coins for my subscription to TCoS. WTF are you talking about?
    For one, they raised the F2P level to 9.9. That lets you complete 99% of the both large zones offered in the trial. And are you seriously complaining about a game offering a free trial?

It is a strange game, but the pricing structure is probably the best thing about it. There is no $50 retail box to buy. All you do is download the free client, try the game, and if you like it you subscribe. Even the subscription can be had for as low as $9.00/month with the coin system making it one of the cheapest MMOG's on the market.

I like the game, but I'll fully admit to the game's faults as well. The sheer volume of misinformation about this game is stagerring. People have been asking for a MMOG that offers something different for over 10 years. When one finally comes along, all people can do is bitch and complain about how its not groundbreaking enough and then go spend their money on another WoW clone. We are getting exactly what we deserve in this market.

I was going to write almost the exact same reply

but now i can just say..........

^^ this

Currently Playing: Fallen Earth
    Played and liked: TCOS, Vanguard, Guild Wars, DDO
    Played and didn't like: CO, MO, STO, DF, AoC, WAR, WoW, EQ2, EVE, most f2p
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, Secret World

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

I'm sorry I asked.

Hedonismbot: Your latest performance was as delectable as dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.

• Skooma2Skooma2 Member UncommonPosts: 697

OK, a week has passed since I last inquired ... how do I claim the free month's subscription?

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414
    Originally posted by Skooma2

OK, a week has passed since I last inquired ... how do I claim the free month's subscription?

Well, as Admin said above, it's up to Acclaim to send you the info since mmorpg.com has sent them the list of winners.

So now you get a taste of the great Acclaim efficiency and capability that they have shown to everyone over the years.

In other words, don't hold your breath.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-