Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragonica

I was looking up some new MMOs and came across Dragonica -http://dragonica.thqice.com/web. Not it's a game from overseas that I hear is pretty popular, but I haven't heard about it?  Has anyone else?  Wanted to know if I should invest my time or not.

If you have played it, is it like Flyff, 9 Dragons or Scions of Fate?  Those are currently the games I'm playing.  Please let me know...

Comments

• miconamicona Member UncommonPosts: 677

Still not out yet , yes am waiting for it i got to play for 2 day preview  and it's fun as hell but it's still in closed beta and stuff .

It's kinda like maple story but much better imo .

• QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Yea it looks like maple in 3d. I looks like it has some cool maps and it's beeing made by NCsoft so it might be decent =]

• MassivelyMOMassivelyMO Member Posts: 21

I'm hoping it's going to be fun. It looks like a lot of fun and I saw some gameplay videos on YouTube.

"Still not out yet , yes am waiting for it i got to play for 2 day preview and it's fun as hell but it's still in closed beta and stuff ."  - How did you get into the 2-day preview?!  That's too cool.  I don't know how I missed that...  Were you able to engage in pvp?

If it has a better imo than maple story we're going to be in for a treat.

• crazyjaxomcrazyjaxom Member Posts: 2

The 2 day preview was back on valentines day weekend. IMO it has way more potential than Maple Story. This game is story and quest driven compared to the insane grind that MS has. The main story lines are instanced with bosses on each one. Partys are ridiculously easy to find. There are also different difficulties on each instance and you cant do the harder ones until you clear the easy ones. When you clear them, depending on the grade you recieve, you get random items including some really good armor and weopons if your lucky. Every 20 levels theres a ridiculously hard main boss that you can clear for the story that involves tactics and time.

The actual world is organized really cool. Instead of having different heights for tiers, like you do in Maple Story, you have these springs that you can jump on that bring you either to the foreground or background (which you can see). These tiers are kind of half 3d/2d where you can move up and down on the path to a certain degree so you can actually walk past enemies if you wish, unlike in maple where you have to jump over.

Theres also a combo system which is really cool. The more hits in a row you get on multiple enemies, the more experience you get. So if you manage to get around 200 hits you get 2x experience for the kill for a short amount of time.

The only downfall is that its taking forever for it to come out. Alpha was back last summer and their first closed beta preview was in Feb. of this year. We haven't hit closed beta yet but I hear its coming very very soon.

Well supposedly there's going to be open beta this summer - http://dragonica.thqice.com/web.  We'll see... I have high hopes for the title.

So I have new info!! The preview beta testing is this month!!  http://dragonica.thqice.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=173&page=15#pid3601  Signing up to the Dragonica Online site itself paid off.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

This game is in closed beta now. I am playing it and its a fun game.

• Fei-HongFei-Hong Member Posts: 15

It's alright, but the grind is pretty bad and the quests feel really stale. (Kill x, kill x and loot y, etc)

Of course higher level quests could be different, but from what has been presented so far, it does not seem like they will.

Originally posted by Fei-Hong

It's alright, but the grind is pretty bad and the quests feel really stale. (Kill x, kill x and loot y, etc)

Of course higher level quests could be different, but from what has been presented so far, it does not seem like they will.

But it's just in beta right now.  So it's not going to be perfect just yet.  I don't think it will stay that way. You may change your mind when it's finished. It's a fun game.  But then I like these kinds of games.  To each their own. :)

I just got finished reading the Boss Battles information for Dragonica Online. It's cool... I'm excited!!!  Some of the screens are crazy...  http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/13763/Boss-Battles-Dev-Journal

• YamothYamoth Member Posts: 182

This game is very close to finish.  They only need to work out a few bugs and possibly do the final polish with the character skills.  Best thing this game have going for it so far is that the cash shop while adding a wide variety selection, it is mostly cosmetic and those that are are more for convience and not a major upgrade.  You have things like gold, xp boost potion, and potions (that fully heal you but have a cool down so you can't abuse), and other small things like upgrade insurance and skill resets.  The game play on the other hand is amazing, I haven't have that much fun since the good old Diablo II days.  It is fast paced twitch action chaos in a very comical situation.  Comparing this to Maple Story really don't do this game justice.  The only thing that is a bit annoying about the game so far is that amount of graphic some skill have.  Alone is it very nice, but when you have 4 player spamming skills left and right, it could get very chaotic and you can very easily lost track of your own character.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

As others have said, it's like Maple Story, except it doesn't suck.