Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are these stars?

ZapleafZapleaf Member Posts: 31

What are these stars below my name, How did i get one, and why do some people have more or less.

Could not find a place to post this so i thought what the hell, Spam will accept anything! xD

Comments

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

I've been trying to figure out the algorithm to them myself.  Here's what I know/Don't know.

They appear to symbolize short term activity.  I think it's directly related to how long you've been logged in recently.  However, there also seems to be a daily cap.  IE leaving the site open 24/7 does not = more stars.  Spamming constantly doesn't seem to add at a large pace.

So I'm thinking it's a combination of time logged into the site along with number of posts made within that time.  I had three stars, but it went down to two stars after I hadn't posted anything for like a month.  I'm posting again now, but it's not going back up to three very quickly...  However, my rank did increase by 2 within the last couple of days.

Hence my proof of cap, activity relation, etc.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

Alright, well I just saw a "Hard Core Memeber" with 3 Stars, 29 posts, and less than a year of membership....

I've got 100 posts, 3 years of membership, and I'm an "Apprentice"?

Kind of a stupid system that doesn't reward seniority what so ever...

It appears to be based SOLEY on time spent navigating the website while logged in.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • ZapleafZapleaf Member Posts: 31

Huh, interesting stuff.  I will keep an eye on it myself and maybe see if i find a patern also.

• callmelukecallmeluke Member Posts: 16

siggy test

runescape sucks

• lm8darklm8dark Member Posts: 281

3 stars and a sun!

^^

• CorruptedCorrupted Member Posts: 310

pssh i've been here for a while and i'm still a n00b but not many posts, must be judging how active/posts you are though i'm on here everyday to try to win something, hopefully the 295 GTX video card! :D