Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TOR will be the most incredible MMORPG to date...

DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I'm declaring it right here.  If I'm wrong I'll be wrong but I stand confident that TOR will indeed be the most incredible MMORPG ever created.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

Comments

• jaycee2006jaycee2006 Member Posts: 466

cool

• DeeJay612DeeJay612 Member Posts: 58

broad sweeping statement of that type of magnitude on this site... is just bait for a flame thread.  I am anticipating the game too, just sort of puzzled by the intent behind your proclamation.

MMORPG played in order played: Sims Online, WoW, CoX, EQ2, LinksRealm, LOTRO,TOR...and counting
  • DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Originally posted by DeeJay612

broad sweeping statement of that type of magnitude on this site... is just bait for a flame thread.  I am anticipating the game too, just sort of puzzled by the intent behind your proclamation.

IN TRUTH, I've been drinking lol.  And I'm caught up in a flight of fancy of sorts...

I've followed every bit of news and speculation since before there was anything to really follow [anyone from MMORPG.com might know this] and considering all the actual facts - I just can't believe that any MMORPG will have ANYTHING on TOR. It's the future.

I'm making a bold and confident proclimation before all.  I just believe in it, that's all.  I think it's going to blow away a lot of people when it finally launches and set the bar SO high for other MMORPG developers that ... developers JUST WON'T be able to get away with the cookie-cutter BS that stands as the common fare.  People will learn to expect more for their money than boring grinds with different skins.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

Lets hope your right OP. Im looking forward to this title, but will remain skeptical.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

i got feeling it will drop to 300k subs after first 2 months. and live there ever after..  considering they are not focusing on any endgame content..

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

Personally history says otherwise imo, I doubt this will be any better and I feel that it can not do anything different than has already been done to improve the MMO world.

Bandit.

Asbo

• EladiEladi Member UncommonPosts: 1,145

I wish it was or will be so for the fans but I highly doubt so.

Its a story driven game whit Ionic starwarsy looks and places. It wont be a sandbox mmo it be a themepark.

as said above by someone else, first months it be good, whoopy overhypedm then it will drop fast as people get bored fast.

Manny fanboys of now will hate the game (manny come from sandbox mmo's and expect a kotor online world.. not a kotor online themepark)

As said, Hope you are treu but I have little faith in it. I be wachining tho.

• DeeJay612DeeJay612 Member Posts: 58
    Originally posted by Eladi

I wish it was or will be so for the fans but I highly doubt so.

Its a story driven game whit Ionic starwarsy looks and places. It wont be a sandbox mmo it be a themepark.
    as said above by someone else, first months it be good, whoopy overhypedm then it will drop fast as people get bored fast.

Manny fanboys of now will hate the game (manny come from sandbox mmo's and expect a kotor online world.. not a kotor online themepark)

As said, Hope you are treu but I have little faith in it. I be wachining tho.

I disagree I think with an IP as deep with lore as Star Wars you shoot yourself in the foot if you fail to use some of the settings that exist within it's universe. 

You wouldn't make a game about the X-men game with no mutants in it, but about the people in the neighborhood who lives close to the X-mansion.  I think for it to begin to be all that a Star Wars game could potential be you have to have to lore and a least a few key characters and locations.

MMORPG played in order played: Sims Online, WoW, CoX, EQ2, LinksRealm, LOTRO,TOR...and counting
  • jadan2000jadan2000 Member UncommonPosts: 508

Im hoping that Bioware knows well enough more then the latest devs that making a next gen mmo means rethinking the core elements, not just the icing on the cake. IM so stoked to hear more about the gameplay mechanics that its killing me, lol.

The storyarch pillar is cool, its gives us alot to do as long as the stories are engaging and lead to us doing alot of cool combat. But the other things count more. what do we do when we dont feel like stories, or adventure. what do we do when we want to socialize? how do we customize our characters? how is the PVP? These things have me all restless!!!

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

I know I've heard that phrase before. I can't seem to remember... WAR, Vanguard, AoC, DF, D&L, LOTRO. I just can't quite place it.

• kazmokazmo Member Posts: 715

Call me a Troll all you like, but this game is going to be very instanced and linear. Not very sanboxy if you get my drift, it's how Bioware does all their games.

That's how all games are made these days and they are hardly "the most incredible to date"...

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Every time I've thought that in the past, I've been disappointed and ended up back at EQ2. This time, we will wait and see.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

It's pretty much gonna make SWG look like a piece a shit to the people who currently love it and play it, and a lot other MMOs for that mater. It'll be like the kid with the newer and cooler bike. Develepers will be saying, WTH didn't we do that in our game.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by Moirae

Every time I've thought that in the past, I've been disappointed and ended up back at EQ2. This time, we will wait and see.

LOL +1, i hope this will be a good game but I refuse to get my hopes up anymore.  My heart has been broken to many times

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Tibbz

Originally posted by Moirae

LOL +1, i hope this will be a good game but I refuse to get my hopes up anymore.  My heart has been broken to many times

Mine too, especially Failhammer :(

Looking forward to this game though. But I will not get my hopes up to much this time!

:)

• mrroboto40mrroboto40 Member UncommonPosts: 657
    Originally posted by DeaconX

I'm declaring it right here.  If I'm wrong I'll be wrong but I stand confident that TOR will indeed be the most incredible MMORPG ever created.

Fail.

Tis Aion.

• MazinMazin Member Posts: 640
    Originally posted by tillamook

It's pretty much gonna make SWG look like a piece a shit to the people who currently love it and play it, and a lot other MMOs for that mater. It'll be like the kid with the newer and cooler bike. Develepers will be saying, WTH didn't we do that in our game.

I would hope so, SWG will be 7 years old by the time this is released.

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

Like all the other games before it we can wish in one hand and shit in the other...

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• Originally posted by DeaconX

SWTOR is taking steps to evolve the MMO genre, not trying to replicate what has already been successful. This is coming for a respectful company, which has already given a good name to the Star Wars franchise, in a RPG enviroment.

SWTOR will change the way MMO's are made. This is going to be one of the best MMO's ever! I can't wait.

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

Make sure you pre-order your collector's edition and pre-paid 6 month sub!

• IrishIrish Member UncommonPosts: 259

On one hand, I hope you're right. On the other....please don't curse it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

To be honest i have heard this with just about any highly anticipated MMO title under development but not many has delivered.

Horizons. Yay we get to play Dragons and Vampires that can suck blood out of unsuspecting players and as Dragons you can build Lairs where you can store enormeous treasures. Vampires got scrapped and the game sucked

EQ2: his will beat EQ for sure with it's surperior graphics and superior gameplay. Locked combat and instancing from hell made most go WoW instead

WAR: Yay we will get a DaoC 2.0: Nope we got a game trying to be WoW with improvements.

Shadowbane: This will be the best RvR game that will beat the king DaoC with playermade cities and sieges. PvE  areas copy pasted looking exactly alike in many many places because of lazy programming and an RvR system that never really worked. People lost their towns and their high tier trainers and merchants when they slept making people quit enmass. A PvP idea great in theory but bad in practice made the only fix for it to have seasonal server wipes and make the game F2P

Other games that has disappointed me would be

LOTRO

D&D Online

Final Fantasy Online

Lineage 2

SWG

Vanguard

I'm running out of massivly hyped games that can live up to expectations these days. Don't get me wrong i want the game to succeed and be great. It's definitely on my watchlist. But i stopped listening to hype a long time ago. I'm keeping my expectations really low for this one

• PalebanePalebane Member RarePosts: 4,011

It'll be just another imbalanced loot grind. And if it isn't, the players will cry until it is.

In other words, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Vault-Tec analysts have concluded that the odds of worldwide nuclear armaggeddon this decade are 17,143,762... to 1.

• HoobleyHoobley Member Posts: 421

I hope you are right and I am following it's development but I got burned with Vanguard's release, then once more with Age of Conan and even after saying no more I got caught up in Warhammer's hype and was let down again.

Ah who am I kidding, the exact same thing is going to happen here too, the only difference being that I don't know the outcome yet.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Ofcourse it will be,  In Bioware We Trust :)