Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A L10 review- Loving the game

1235»

Comments

• TammzinTammzin Member Posts: 38
    Originally posted by Miner-2049er

Vesavius you are right. and your review is great.
    I don't know if anyone reads long threads apart from the OP, but I agree with you 100%.
    I'd say 'hi' in game, but I'm playing on the European servers. Still, it's weird because the game has attracted a superb community over this side of the Atlantic too. Even the zone chat in the newbie area was polite and friendly.
    I love the fact the game is going in its own direction compared to lots of MMOs, and I'm pleased others are enjoying it.

Yeah, get past the freebie zone and the game's community is lovely, I agree. This is one game that I have never looked anything up online for... whenever I need to know some small detail that I am stuck on (I hate playing games vis online guides.. spoils it for me tbh) I ask in my house chat channel and 4 people shoot me the answer in a really nice way. Add this to the fact that they are funny and you have a winner

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Miner-2049er

Vesavius you are right. and your review is great.
    I don't know if anyone reads long threads apart from the OP, but I agree with you 100%.
    I'd say 'hi' in game, but I'm playing on the European servers. Still, it's weird because the game has attracted a superb community over this side of the Atlantic too. Even the zone chat in the newbie area was polite and friendly.
    I love the fact the game is going in its own direction compared to lots of MMOs, and I'm pleased others are enjoying it.

Thank you Miner, I appreciate the words.

it's good to know that these don't fall on deaf ears, a lot of people can't cope with 'different' (no matter how mych they repeatedly cry out for change in the genre...) or anything thats a 'threat' to their pet game.

For anyone that dosent need to join the sheeple and has an open mind and ability to learn a new way of doing things, SB is still imo a great game at 28 :)

• SahkmethSahkmeth Member UncommonPosts: 10

Ok I gave this game a try, got to level 10 and all but all I could see different or new is the battle system that's really innovative and that you have to really look for the quests objectives, other than that, it's still more of the same. The looting, graphics, artwork and the way that NPC's talk to you are exactly like WOW.

I'm really hooked on Atlantica Online because is something different than the rest. The gamplay, battle system, musical score, community, even the trading and selling systems are different. There's even a betting system for PVP battles in wich you can win money and lots! and that's something that, in my 15 years of beta-testing i've never seen before, and best of all, it's free! 

In my point of view, Atlantica Online is one of the best games out there to date and it will mark the spot for new and future games. The whole game is innovative, they took the "Family" concept of Granado Espada, re-invented it and took it to the next level. 

My two cents.

Sahkmeth. 

Make War On Bed, Make Love Wherever U Want To

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by Sahkmeth

The looting, graphics, artwork and the way that NPC's talk to you are exactly like WOW.

Are you sure you played both games, because they are nothing alike on the mentioned points.

--
    Delanor

• SahkmethSahkmeth Member UncommonPosts: 10

Of course i've played both games and the looting it's really has a lot of wow's style going on... and yes, the graphics in Spellborn could be a little more "updated" but it's the same style

Make War On Bed, Make Love Wherever U Want To

• mviratamvirata Member UncommonPosts: 55

Of course i've played both games and the looting it's really has a lot of wow's style going on... and yes, the graphics in Spellborn could be a little more "updated" but it's the same style

im sorry but dude but whatever your smoking needs to be shared.  if the game graphics can be compared to anything its fable.  the art style is not like wow.  this is dark fantasy.  try playing runes of magic and you will see wow.

the only thing that the looting in this game shares with wow is the fact that you can actually loot.  i might as well say this game is too much like wizardy because you can loot.

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837

I endorse the OP's sentiments.

First MMO I have enjoyed this much for a while.

Do things need to be fixed? Sure. Could it do with more pvp content. Yep. Is this the most solid basis in some time for a great game? You bet.

Loving my toon, my class, the combat - and I would love the crafting too if there were a more lively economy.

Best of all - you get to play for three months before you even pay the same as the box price of a triple A title. A great deal.

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837

Ok I gave this game a try, got to level 10 and all but all I could see different or new is the battle system that's really innovative and that you have to really look for the quests objectives, other than that, it's still more of the same. The looting, graphics, artwork and the way that NPC's talk to you are exactly like WOW.
    I'm really hooked on Atlantica Online because is something different than the rest.................................... ETC

with 9 posts total, a completely bogus criticism of TCOS (graphics like wow???), and a post spending most of the time shilling for another game, one has to question your motivation here

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by vesavius
    I don't think I 'forwarned' anyone about anything...
    I think I said it was simplisitc and straight forward because it was an extended tutorial.
    Both of these things are GREAT things to be in a newbie zone imo.

Not for EVERY CHARACTER you create.  Who the hell wants to plod through an "extended tutorial" every time they create a character?  It hammers out any pleasure in creating alts, I can tell you!

• mviratamvirata Member UncommonPosts: 55

that newbie zone not just the tutorial is a complete waste of time after doing it once.  I wish you could just skip to level 10 and choose a house from the beginning.

• Frostbite05Frostbite05 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,880

heh not really the same style but i get what your saying but to coplain on how you loot items is kinda retarded I mean come on.