Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do people think of the PvP in this game?

BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863

Personally I love its potential, however it feels inconsistent, attacks miss when they shouldn't and aiming with ranged attacks is (mind the pun) very hit and miss, yes there is aiming involved but it still feels inconsistent and downright bizarre at times.

As a melee and arguably the worst pvp class in the game (skinshifter) I rely on melee at some stage during a fight, however with the bunnyhopping combined with odd server/client lag often noticeable during fights it makes it a frustrating affair. There is also talk of class inbalance but I don't know much about that. Every time I PvP it doesn't feel natural, like something is missing. Maybe I'm just whinging because I haven't figured it out properly yet, I really don't know.

I've complained about this before, but I just feel like getting this off my chest again. I enjoy twitch combat, I am a rabid FPS player, but when I play pvp in this game I long for auto-attack, however PvE is an absolute charm, everything seems to mesh so well together.

So please people give me your thoughts, I'd like to know what other people on this forum think of this feature. Thanks.

O_o o_O

Comments

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

I played a skinshifter and yes there is a problem with PvP and melee and skinshifters too.

Melee is much harder to land in PvP than ranged attacks and yet they do not have ANY advantages over ranged in form of effects, damage or anything.

The skinshifter is a nice idea but a failed class concept when it comes to pvp. All classes get bodyslots to enhance their performance in some way. The skinshifters bodyslots only have the effect to avoid agro from mobs in PvE nothing else what so ever. In addition the class do less damage than most warriors and mages, has almost all its powers in close combat but have no defense at all so all in all its a loss loss class to play in PvP.

Overall the game is very PvP oriented but the classes are incredible unbalanced for PvP. Yes there is personal skill but when you look at what each class brings to the table then you overall see a very serious imbalance between the rogues and the other classes. Mages have range and healing, the warriors have very high damage and toughness and in some cases also healing. The rogues have lesser damage, limited healing and no toughness. Someone should redo their math at SiL.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• MinoziMinozi Member Posts: 49
    Originally posted by afoaa

The skinshifters bodyslots only have the effect to avoid agro from mobs in PvE nothing else what so ever.

I object! deshifiting gives you a buff for ... 10 seconds.. >___>

but still! its something :P

• BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Originally posted by afoaa

I played a skinshifter and yes there is a problem with PvP and melee and skinshifters too.
    Melee is much harder to land in PvP than ranged attacks and yet they do not have ANY advantages over ranged in form of effects, damage or anything.
    The skinshifter is a nice idea but a failed class concept when it comes to pvp. All classes get bodyslots to enhance their performance in some way. The skinshifters bodyslots only have the effect to avoid agro from mobs in PvE nothing else what so ever. In addition the class do less damage than most warriors and mages, has almost all its powers in close combat but have no defense at all so all in all its a loss loss class to play in PvP.
    Overall the game is very PvP oriented but the classes are incredible unbalanced for PvP. Yes there is personal skill but when you look at what each class brings to the table then you overall see a very serious imbalance between the rogues and the other classes. Mages have range and healing, the warriors have very high damage and toughness and in some cases also healing. The rogues have lesser damage, limited healing and no toughness. Someone should redo their math at SiL.

Thank you very much for the reply, I guess it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one facing similar problems.

O_o o_O

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837

So far, I have not faced any of these problems using a mix of ranged and melee.

In fact, ranged can be very hard to hit, especially if they are bouncing around... plus many ranged skills require the caster to stand still, which is a dangerous proposition.

By contrast, I have found the melee eleemts of my mix-it-up style (trickster) to be perfectly effective.

Not denying your problems - maybe different classes play differently - but I personally have not experienced this yet at level 25. Perhaps things will change.