Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cant detect Country of Origin

CammyCammy Member Posts: 864

Im trying to get the EVE Online Trial - and I keep getting an error

Cannot find Country of origin

Even when I pick from the drop down, it still isn't working.

Any suggestions? 

I've even tried with two separate browsers - and so far - nothing :( 

Comments

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808

I'm noticing the same there thing here if I try and download the game from their site. Tried 3 different browsers on 2 computers so I am guessing it's something on their end right now, try again later. 

• CammyCammy Member Posts: 864
    Originally posted by Lordmonkus

I'm noticing the same there thing here if I try and download the game from their site. Tried 3 different browsers on 2 computers so I am guessing it's something on their end right now, try again later. 

Thanks for the quick reply Lordmonkus... Im glad it isn't just me or my machine

Hopefully they are aware of the issue and I can start my download :) I figure it'll be a day or two before I get it so sooner its starts downloading the better!

Hey all!

Someone just sent me a buddy pass via email and now I can start the download for EVE online! I also noticed that its 21 days instead of the normal 14 day trial - which is just sweet!

I can only assume that was done through here (perhaps this was you Lord?) :) and I just wanted to post and say I REALLY appreciate that kind gesture. Game is installing as we speak!

I can only hope the community is this nice in game... wow, good show

Cheers!

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,981

You should be able to download the client before you sign-up for the trial. Might be worth doing that and then see if the sign-up is finished when the download finishes.

http://www.eveonline.com/download/

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

Wasn't me Cammy but glad someone did if that gets the game for you :) 

The community is like any other really. You have your pricks but for the most part the Eve community is very cool as long as you don't come off as a whiney kid wanting everything done for you like so many do. People like that get flamed and made fun of pretty badly but those that come with some common sense and ask things in a mature and sensible manner will get the help they are looking for.

Originally posted by mklinic

You should be able to download the client before you sign-up for the trial. Might be worth doing that and then see if the sign-up is finished when the download finishes.

http://www.eveonline.com/download/

<3 you :)

Originally posted by Lordmonkus

Wasn't me Cammy but glad someone did if that gets the game for you :) 
    The community is like any other really. You have your pricks but for the most part the Eve community is very cool as long as you don't come off as a whiney kid wanting everything done for you like so many do. People like that get flamed and made fun of pretty badly but those that come with some common sense and ask things in a mature and sensible manner will get the help they are looking for.

That's all I could ask for to be honest :)

Im mature (28) and enjoy a mature player base - so EvE is sounding promising... hopefully I can dedicate enough time to it which will allow me to sub after my 14... errr.... 21 day trial is overwith :) 

Is it a somewhat casual game? Can I play for an hour a day and still make progress? One thing that drove me nuts in WoW - EVERYTHING was minimum an hour... even a small quest seemed like it took a long time depending on where I was/am in the world. Hows EvE in that regard?

Either way Im gonna give it a go! Trial is downloading - I can't create my account yet unfortunately but hopefully that'll be resolved before the game's finished downloading

The game is as hardcore or as casual as you want it to be and depends on what you want to do in game. Some things require a significant ammount of time and other things not so much. Just remember that your skills train even while offline so a casual player will never be left behind becaue they don't have enough time to go out and level. While your skills level go do what you want in game that you find fun. 

• OudoksujaOudoksuja Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by Cammy 

Is it a somewhat casual game? Can I play for an hour a day and still make progress? One thing that drove me nuts in WoW - EVERYTHING was minimum an hour... even a small quest seemed like it took a long time depending on where I was/am in the world. Hows EvE in that regard? 

There's some things about EVE that are surprisingly casual friendly. Like the skill system of training skills even while you're offline. Away for a week? Set up some skills to train, come back and there's new things your character can do. I always found that much more compelling than tying all progression to the time you have to grind quests for instance.

Most "meaningful" things can take long to master, EVE is a ridiculously complex game. It works in its favor when you want more depth than learning how to click through a three skill action combo that you can learn in an hour. If you want more easy to learn game and casual fun, EVE can be too intimidating.

There's some content that you can do in short sessions, like running some missions for cash.

Originally posted by Oudoksuja

Originally posted by Cammy 

There's some things about EVE that are surprisingly casual friendly. Like the skill system of training skills even while you're offline. Away for a week? Set up some skills to train, come back and there's new things your character can do. I always found that much more compelling than tying all progression to the time you have to grind quests for instance.

Most "meaningful" things can take long to master, EVE is a ridiculously complex game. It works in its favor when you want more depth than learning how to click through a three skill action combo that you can learn in an hour. If you want more easy to learn game and casual fun, EVE can be too intimidating.

There's some content that you can do in short sessions, like running some missions for cash.

You guys are awesome :) 

Another question since you brought it up. On missions for running for cash for example, how "fast" does your ship fly? IE: If you need to run cargo from one place to another, does your ship stare at one dot on the screen for 20 minutes or do you travel at a reasonable speed in order to get to your destination?

I'm going to check some official sites to get some answers but you guys have been most helpful so I figured I'd ask :) 

Also, the skills leveling while you are offline seems almost genius... I've NEVER heard of a game that develops while you "go to work" sorta speak. How interesting... 

• NicoliNicoli Member Posts: 1,312

most cargo run jobs will have you jumping between systems and warping between gates. On average it takes about 1 min to go one system in your path. That is modified based on the ship your in and the size of the system, but a 1 min per jump has seemed a good rule of thumb. most cargo missions are about 5-10 jumps one way