Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Back In Love With RS.

b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75

I posted awhile back how much I disliked this game and after weeks of trying other games I really have not found a game that compares to Runescape. I definetly suggest if your reading this go back and give it a try again. There updates from the better graphics* to the automatic logout timer being made longer, made this at least to me a whole different game. Now you can actually do other things while your playing (Youtube, Facebook, ect.). I do still dislike the censorship , but it at least looks to me that their letting up a bit. I also think RS needs a jump start so invite your friends back and tell people. So in close take a look at some of the HD pics below and give RS A TRY!!!

Comments

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

Keep this in mind: not everyone plays for the graphics.

• b2i12b2i12 Member Posts: 75

Ok I agree with you on alot of what you posted ,but who in the world ever uses 40 accs, i been playing runescape for about 5 years now and i only have 3 member accs. Although WoW by many peoples reviews is considered better than runescape I tried it and was very dissapointed im going to give it a go again sometime this month ,but I think RS has the best first time player introduction system out of any game I have ever played.

• keslerikesleri Member Posts: 127

Nothing on the market can compete with RuneScape...

• WootNationWootNation Member Posts: 244

Aye, the game has changed and a lot of the aspects are now better.

And yes, no game can compare to RS.

And now to my point. The reason I quit RS was 1) the trade limits 2) taking out the wilderness 3) taking out staking.

Those were the 3 aspects of the game I truly loved. Now they've removed the PvP, the staking, and merchanting. I feel RS has been dumbed down to a game younger audiences would enjoy more, despite what the new ceo might have said. Also, I feel that their efforts to kill RWT failed, since it is still at large, people still bot a lot, and they made the game less intense and less enjoyable for many of its players.

Botting is still at large. People are using autoers still. The one time the number of autoers went down was the mass bans. People all over the RS hacking communities got scared and using bots, which led to the makers to stop updating their bot hooks. Slowly and gradually however, autoers returned. Another few mass bans would keep them at bay and definitely be THE way to fight the autoers.

My two cents.

Originally posted by kesleri

Agreed, espcialy with them bringing back the wilderness!

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359
    Originally posted by b2i12

LOL! That is funny right there.  What runescape is greatly lacking most of all is overall fun. It is mindless repeitition, nothing is hard ,only time consuming.  I mastered everything the game had to offer .. and didn;t even have to think about it, even the most time consuming quests I never even risked dying even when I solod desert treasure on my level 48 ... it is just that easy, so easy that young children can play the game fine. There was no challenge not even in killing Jad. No, just poor AI,bad community, poor management and lame quests, yes and I mean LAME.. I could write more interesting and amusing storylines from the ramblings of 5 yr olds than this game has to offer.

All this mindless grinding and with no rewards, not only is the armor in the game butt ugly , your faceless noob doesn;t even get rewards worth the time it took to actually gain the levels. I leveld the hard way, before they made it easy for the kids. We asked for decent rewards for our levels and they gave us stupid looking capes with lame emotes, like  I could care less about emotes, that might entertain an 8 year old, but unless it is a punch in the face emote I am not amused in the slightest.

The chaos of the original wilderness, winner takes all environment, where you could actually help your friends and anything could happen was the only thing that made the game worth playing at all. When they nerfed trade and wildy it stripped the game down to the point that you would have a much better time playing a single player rpg.  I liked to help my friends on the game, and unless I can give them my drops from my kills  what is the point in getting a drop at all? I mean I did everything the game had to offer, I had every item in the game, I had everything in the game that i ever wanted, and have no desire to stockpile poorly drawn usless pixel crap so that it can collect pixel dust in my bank .. I would rather let someone else have it that could actually use it, and I can't even do that any more.

Not being able to trade freely ruined this game. Don;t give me the BS .about real world traders.. sure kids will buy that nonsense, but when I know for a fact that not only do they track all programs that access their site, they have the ability to block them entirely with no need to harm the game at all. RMT has been around and dealt with by many companies, just Jagex was the only one stupid enough to try to use it as an excuse to remove core content to make their game more child friendly while lying to their players on the game site, at the same time bragging about their child safety venture to the rest of the gaming community.

That is the customer service and honesty that many of us in the gaming community have come to expect from Jagex, so little respect for their own player base, they take them for idiots that will believe anything they tell them while boldly telling the rest of the gaming community something entirely different. LMAO

That being because they know they would not be able to convince anyone in the actual gaming community of their nonsense, because everyone who can tell their head from their monkeybutt  knows better.

Originally posted by deviliscious

LOL! That is funny right there.  What runescape is greatly lacking most of all is overall fun. It is mindless repeitition, nothing is hard ,only time consuming.  I mastered everything the game had to offer .. and didn;t even have to think about it, even the most time consuming quests I never even risked dying even when I solod desert treasure on my level 48 ... it is just that easy, so easy that young children can play the game fine. There was no challenge not even in killing Jad. No, just poor AI,bad community, poor management and lame quests, yes and I mean LAME.. I could write more interesting and amusing storylines from the ramblings of 5 yr olds than this game has to offer.

All this mindless grinding and with no rewards, not only is the armor in the game butt ugly , your faceless noob doesn;t even get rewards worth the time it took to actually gain the levels. I leveld the hard way, before they made it easy for the kids. We asked for decent rewards for our levels and they gave us stupid looking capes with lame emotes, like  I could care less about emotes, that might entertain an 8 year old, but unless it is a punch in the face emote I am not amused in the slightest.

The chaos of the original wilderness, winner takes all environment, where you could actually help your friends and anything could happen was the only thing that made the game worth playing at all. When they nerfed trade and wildy it stripped the game down to the point that you would have a much better time playing a single player rpg.  I liked to help my friends on the game, and unless I can give them my drops from my kills  what is the point in getting a drop at all? I mean I did everything the game had to offer, I had every item in the game, I had everything in the game that i ever wanted, and have no desire to stockpile poorly drawn usless pixel crap so that it can collect pixel dust in my bank .. I would rather let someone else have it that could actually use it, and I can't even do that any more.

Not being able to trade freely ruined this game. Don;t give me the BS .about real world traders.. sure kids will buy that nonsense, but when I know for a fact that not only do they track all programs that access their site, they have the ability to block them entirely with no need to harm the game at all. RMT has been around and dealt with by many companies, just Jagex was the only one stupid enough to try to use it as an excuse to remove core content to make their game more child friendly while lying to their players on the game site, at the same time bragging about their child safety venture to the rest of the gaming community.

That is the customer service and honesty that many of us in the gaming community have come to expect from Jagex, so little respect for their own player base, they take them for idiots that will believe anything they tell them while boldly telling the rest of the gaming community something entirely different. LMAO

That being because they know they would not be able to convince anyone in the actual gaming community of their nonsense, because everyone who can tell their head from their monkeybutt  knows better.

Im sorry ,but I have to respectfully disagree with most of your post. Runescape's community has to be one of the best in the mmorpg genre. For example, you can go any where at any time and start up a full conversation with literaly anybody! This key feature is lacked in many MMOs. I have to say I have met many friends from playing Runescape; many of which I now play with in other MMOs and online games. I do have to agree with you when you say Jagex's customer service is poor ,which indeed it is. They are working day in and day out on making there players expierence the best it could possibly be. I also have to agree with your opinion of the way they dealt with RWT. There were other options ,but they did what they thought was best for the game at the time. When there is another logical and practical way of going about combating RWT I trust Runescape with implement it.

RuneScape has a good community? Are you fucking kidding me? I played RS and WoW and by far RS has the worst community EVER. I saw over 100 people in less than a month insulting me while I was minding my own business. RS is complete shit. And WoW has more races but that pwns, because you can get to be another type of character instead of being a human all the time...

Personally, I like to download all the hundreds of free 'MMORPG's availible out there, and explore them for a short time. They are all very samey, and the novelty normaly runs out very quickly, but a new game is always fun for a while.

When I tried runescape, I can honestly say, it is the worst of out of all the free online games I sampled. And by this I mean, a unfinished browser game (ie, no graphics or game client at all) beat it.

On Rs all the Level 138's are complete twats who are so full of them selves cos they dont get girls. There either 40 + year old men or 10-16 year old nerds with braces, budgies and no life whatsoever.

Like most people, I played RS first. Now I play WoW...

For crappy RuneScape I payed $5 per month for membership. Runescape had bad graphics, awful quests, levelling was based on grinding, and worst off, you have only one race and no factions. World of Warcraft has awesome graphics, 2 factions 10 races, great music, fun quests, the levelling system is based on quests, it has more cities, and it only costs me 10 dollars more than what I payed for RS.

It only costs $15 dollars a month (aka 50 cents a day)!

Im sorry ,but I have to respectfully disagree with most of your post. Runescape's community has to be one of the best in the mmorpg genre. For example, you can go any where at any time and start up a full conversation with literaly anybody! This key feature is lacked in many MMOs. I have to say I have met many friends from playing Runescape; many of which I now play with in other MMOs and online games. I do have to agree with you when you say Jagex's customer service is poor ,which indeed it is. They are working day in and day out on making there players expierence the best it could possibly be. I also have to agree with your opinion of the way they dealt with RWT. There were other options ,but they did what they thought was best for the game at the time. When there is another logical and practical way of going about combating RWT I trust Runescape with implement it.

First off Jagex catering to children making this a young child safe game is what ruins the community. IF your Idea of a great community is a bunch of 9 & 10 year olds walking around calling each other noobs and mispelling swear  words just because they can then, sure, It would be just the game for you! If you want to see 53 yr old truck drivers dating little boys, and grannies dating 16 yr olds.. you will fit right in! The stuff I saw in my time there was just sick ... lol

This game had the strictest chat filter but the most terribly rude potty mouthed players I have ever seen, and I have played quite a few MMO's. This game make the WOW crowd seem mature .. and anyone who has played WOW knows that is a HUGE statement. This is how they promote their game outside of the runescape site:

"Adam Tuckwell is the “Safety Minister” and Head of PR at Jagex. He was proud to talk to me about Runescape's effort to make the game a safe environment for under children under the age of 13. Previously, players had to to be 13+ to play the game. Runescape launched the under 13 game in June. This provides a Quick Chat interface, and children under 13 can only see Quick Chat text from other players of the under 13 game. This game is Coppa compliant, and have been awarded Best in Class by the IWF (Internet Watch Foundation). Since the launch of the under 13 game, Jagex has seen a 40% increase in Runescape registrations.

In the Quarter 2 or 3 of 2009, the Parental Controls dashboard will be launched. This provides parents with the means to set how often and how long their children can play Runescape, set various chat settings and have various controls over their children's Friends List – such as the ability to add friends with or without parental approval.

Just as MUDs were the precursors to MMORPGs, Henrique described Runscape as a Junior MMORPG. A great training ground for other MMORPGs. "

www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/37/feature/2065

They do not even consider themselves a real MMORPG but a " junior mmorpg" a starter mmo for children. This is why they target children with their updates, and dumbed down the game. They DO in fact, target children and make the quests easy enough for children to do, that is why they are not hard.

Their customer service does nothing more than try to convince their players on their site they are doing their best, while they solve nothing. It is funny that you buy into that so easily. I strongly disagree they are doing their best . that is funny considering the rest of the industry doesn't try their best and give a 110% Better customer service than Jagex provides.  Jagex is the most 2 faced company I have ever dealt with. They tell their community one thing, while telling the gaming community another. Is that how to treat their customers?

There are practical, logical, and better ways to do just about everything they have done recently, but they have other plans in mind. Those methods do not fit into their" child friendly framework" they have already started putting in place.

In time, you too will see the " big picture here". Took me a while to see it as well.

First off Jagex catering to children making this a young child safe game is what ruins the community. IF your Idea of a great community is a bunch of 9 & 10 year olds walking around calling each other noobs and mispelling swear  words just because they can then, sure, It would be just the game for you! If you want to see 53 yr old truck drivers dating little boys, and grannies dating 16 yr olds.. you will fit right in! The stuff I saw in my time there was just sick ... lol

This game had the strictest chat filter but the most terribly rude potty mouthed players I have ever seen, and I have played quite a few MMO's. This game make the WOW crowd seem mature .. and anyone who has played WOW knows that is a HUGE statement. This is how they promote their game outside of the runescape site:

"Adam Tuckwell is the “Safety Minister” and Head of PR at Jagex. He was proud to talk to me about Runescape's effort to make the game a safe environment for under children under the age of 13. Previously, players had to to be 13+ to play the game. Runescape launched the under 13 game in June. This provides a Quick Chat interface, and children under 13 can only see Quick Chat text from other players of the under 13 game. This game is Coppa compliant, and have been awarded Best in Class by the IWF (Internet Watch Foundation). Since the launch of the under 13 game, Jagex has seen a 40% increase in Runescape registrations.

In the Quarter 2 or 3 of 2009, the Parental Controls dashboard will be launched. This provides parents with the means to set how often and how long their children can play Runescape, set various chat settings and have various controls over their children's Friends List – such as the ability to add friends with or without parental approval.

Just as MUDs were the precursors to MMORPGs, Henrique described Runscape as a Junior MMORPG. A great training ground for other MMORPGs. "

They do not even consider themselves a real MMORPG but a " junior mmorpg" a starter mmo for children. This is why they target children with their updates, and dumbed down the game. They DO in fact, target children and make the quests easy enough for children to do, that is why they are not hard.

Their customer service does nothing more than try to convince their players on their site they are doing their best, while they solve nothing. It is funny that you buy into that so easily. I strongly disagree they are doing their best . that is funny considering the rest of the industry doesn't try their best and give a 110% Better customer service than Jagex provides.  Jagex is the most 2 faced company I have ever dealt with. They tell their community one thing, while telling the gaming community another. Is that how to treat their customers?

There are practical, logical, and better ways to do just about everything they have done recently, but they have other plans in mind. Those methods do not fit into their" child friendly framework" they have already started putting in place.

In time, you too will see the " big picture here". Took me a while to see it as well.

Well I do have to say great post. After reading this I actually rethought how much I liked Runescape. It was a great starter MMO ,but Its time to move on. Its a shame that Jagex wants to ruin the game for its veteran players; those that have been there since the beginning. I guess it really is all about the money for them; they are going to ruin a once great game, just to make a couple more bucks off eight year olds so be it. Any Suggestions on a good community MMO, Deviliscious?

For me, Runescape was a good MMORPG and rewarding because of friends . Friends are what made my Runescape experience the best of all MMORPG experiences out there. I cannot forget the first time I  learned how to chat on Runescape. Truth is any MMORPG sucks without friends, and even the worst MMORPG can be rewarding and enjoyable with friends. So if you have friends in Runescape, keep playing it because friends are what MMORPGs are for. I just figured out the truth and that is what really makes an MMORPG good is not the pixel stuff, but it is the friends. That's why I don't regret playing Runescape. I could hold a grudge against Jagex, but Runescape, I still love good ol' Runescape. It's because of all the friends that I had.Keep making friends man, keep playing MMORPGs, keep playing which game you enjoy the most.  That's all I have to say. 

• TYXLTYXL Member Posts: 3

i agree,

That's why i was so hard to quit runescape as well and why so manny get an addiction.

I quitted 4 times for more then 2 months and started over again because people asked my to come play again and help them out. I gave away my char the third time, she asked me to play on it again I played 2 more months. Alched 3 purple P-hats and quitted for more then 6 months now. So yes it's friends that make the game fun and keep you playing. But when you remove your pixels you see how time consuming and what a waste of time it is; And you probebly won't start over again.

• bobthegrandbobthegrand Member Posts: 2

Thats what I like to hear!

Runescape Rules!

----------------

Jagex Office

---------------

Bob: Hey there Tom hows it going?

Tom: We are about to down Illidan In Black Temple!

Bob: Shouldnt You be working on the new runescape Language filters?, Dont forget you gota block out the words Hi,me,love,money,Basicly every word in the world..

Tom: Yeah Yeah Ill get on it... [Mumbles to self]: Pfft panzy bitch go play WoW.

Runescape is basically a mongoloid babysitting service. People get addicted to this game for some weak reason I can't define. You pay a monthly fee to do repetitive grinds for a skillcape and dress up like a hooker, but said skillcapes are irrelevant to any central plot which makes the whole game pointless. 

• rageagainstrageagainst Member Posts: 618

LOL you suck , I thought you were saying some gameplay things were made better (changed back to how they were) but graphics changes!? who cares? If graphics was the reason people left, they should have left a LONG time ago, back in runescape classic.

The gameplay was KILLEd by jagex. I mean it seems they were actively trying to kill their game. No more pking, no more trading freedom (= no more sandbox, rs was one of the few sandboxes out there, and it was f2p), and they replaced pking with a gladiator arena (= epic fail), and then pk worlds (which actually was a cool idea, kindof like UO and it had gaurds and everything, the problem is that players drop TRASH (while risking LOSING all their stuff)so its retarded)

When I'm energetic I'm:

When I'm at default I'm:

WHITE/BLUE

Lol according to this I'm bipolar :O

• slimedoslimedo Member Posts: 1

Nothing, i repeat NOTHING can compete with runescape FTW! now even WOW or guild wars!!!

JASON YIN

I play WoW over Runescape because the gameplay is entertaining, not just clicking constantly, I can actually get somewhere in WoW without having to constantly grind, unlike in Runescape, where you have to do the same repetitive task over and over againg in order to level, and WoW is just plain more fun than Runescape, especially at higher levels. The further you get in WoW, the better it gets. There's a reason Wrath of the Lich King is the fastest selling PC game of all time.

World of Warcraft has over 2000 quests and more cuz of Wrath of the Lich King expansion! And u say it takes a long time to get to lvl 70, and the game ends there? HAH! Tbh overall many players use about 6-10 days (hours that u play) to get to lvl 70 (more now cuz 80s the top) and then the fun begins! Raids, High-lvl PvP, City raids, Flying mounts (got to love 'em!) and other lovely things!

Now, now children here is a little summary of WoW, GW, RS for ya.

GW: Great Graphics, no monthly Fee, however WoW seems to be much more rich in Gameplay, Mediocre PvP, is worth the Money though.

WoW: Great Graphics, Role-Playing for those who love it, Great Customer Support, for Experienced Gamers, Great PvP, Horde/Alliance Factions

Runescape: For 10 year olds who have nothing better to do then get into the Mining Guild, Crappy Graphics, Terrible PvP, immature People, Inexeperienced, Crap

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by Blissey

I play WoW over Runescape because the gameplay is entertaining, not just clicking constantly, I can actually get somewhere in WoW without having to constantly grind, unlike in Runescape, where you have to do the same repetitive task over and over againg in order to level, and WoW is just plain more fun than Runescape, especially at higher levels. The further you get in WoW, the better it gets. There's a reason Wrath of the Lich King is the fastest selling PC game of all time.

World of Warcraft has over 2000 quests and more cuz of Wrath of the Lich King expansion! And u say it takes a long time to get to lvl 70, and the game ends there? HAH! Tbh overall many players use about 6-10 days (hours that u play) to get to lvl 70 (more now cuz 80s the top) and then the fun begins! Raids, High-lvl PvP, City raids, Flying mounts (got to love 'em!) and other lovely things!

Now, now children here is a little summary of WoW, GW, RS for ya.
    GW: Great Graphics, no monthly Fee, however WoW seems to be much more rich in Gameplay, Mediocre PvP, is worth the Money though.
    WoW: Great Graphics, Role-Playing for those who love it, Great Customer Support, for Experienced Gamers, Great PvP, Horde/Alliance Factions
    Runescape: For 10 year olds who have nothing better to do then get into the Mining Guild, Crappy Graphics, Terrible PvP, immature People, Inexeperienced, Crap

From what I've heard WoW is also filled with kids, and their customer support is bad (mainly due to having 11million players) and their quests are repetitive. Plus their graphics aren't THAT great. Though I agree with Guild Wars.

?

• avneetavneet Member Posts: 68

I've heard same with WoW which is why I never played it.

But I can tell you this. From all mmorpg's I've played, runescape has one of the best and funnest quest systems(when you don't use spoilers to do them). That's one of the few positives I have with RS in it's current stage after all these mess ups.

Drackarre-A new medieval fantasy sandbox mmorpg in development by Bungaboo.

Well I do have to say great post. After reading this I actually rethought how much I liked Runescape. It was a great starter MMO ,but Its time to move on. Its a shame that Jagex wants to ruin the game for its veteran players; those that have been there since the beginning. I guess it really is all about the money for them; they are going to ruin a once great game, just to make a couple more bucks off eight year olds so be it. Any Suggestions on a good community MMO, Deviliscious?

I have been very impressed with Guild wars. The community has been excellent, once you get past the lower levels.  Since you max out at lvl 20, that is not long, but even at the lower levels if you ask in open chat for help you get tons of people messeging you to help you.  Technically Guild wars is not an MMO, but from what I have seen in the mmo community, it is above the rest handsdown.

With Guild wars you buy the game outright and pay no subs. The pvp is balanced, so no matter what class you choose if you know how to play that class well, you can succeed with it. You can perfectly enjoy the game without purchasing expansion packs, but if you play the game long enough you will eventually want to buy more.

They give great rewards for levels, and even have in game tourneys with cash prizes, my friend actually won an Ipod from them. They have more to offer, better graphix, better customer serivce, better pvp, and cost less per year than jagex's membership fees.

I am looking forward to Guild wars2 which will be a full mmo coming out in the hear future. The only thing that takes away from guild wars 1 Is that you can only talk to random people in town, the lack of a persistant world all over. In order to see or talk to people on missions you need to have them added to your party, however, I have never had a problem getting the people I need to form a party, and party members have always been much more pleasant to talk to than your random runescape swearing kid.

Originally posted by avneet

But I can tell you this. From all mmorpg's I've played, runescape has one of the best and funnest quest systems(when you don't use spoilers to do them). That's one of the few positives I have with RS in it's current stage after all these mess ups.

Considering runescape is a junior mmo , by Jagex's own description, how many Real MMOs have you played? list please?

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

Who exactly is Jagex trying to impress, since the end of wildy and having trade limits all they have done is stuff to appease pkers. Back then they caused major numbers to quit, then they also brought out Achievement Diaries that ignored those decent Lvl3 skillers too much and have removed most of them too. Removing the age limit was to try to recover the player numbers but it has increased the level of verbal abuse so much more than before. The new quests being continually brought out are so much more of a nuisance than a benefit just the way Achievement Diaries were by having to redo the most basic of tasks just to get it ticked off.

So where are we at today: worse off than ever. Those adults of us that keep at the game as we don't get to play as much and one game is sufficient to play, get annoyed as Jagex keep making it harder to do those repetitive tasks Blissey talks about. Oh Blissey I think those perverts you talk about may have gone to WOW since theres a lot more targets to be found there, even the teaser girls seem to have gone too. We have never liked the PVP style to play and good old Jagex now make the benefit of pking equipment to improve your stat building ability. As time has gone on and with trades showing the lowest market rate for items vertually everything has lost any value with DMeds dropping from my first knowledge at 600Kgp to about 60Kgp now and most other stuff has had the same happen, bad enough the GE dropped my bank value to less than a fifth but now its worth a lot less again - like the modern rl economy loose the wealth and the world will crash. Unfortunately Jagex are as it's recent chief says now 20 years old but as mature adults know they are still extremely immature and without better maturity in their workforce only more kiddish things will come from the game.

When I began to play over six years ago it was because my nephews and their friends all did and I made friends with so many other adults who also had their kids playing with them. Now all those kids have left to play endless amounts of other games since they have so much less patience to stick to one thing at a time. Many of the adult friends have also left now with the move to pking becoming a worse thought than sticking with the one and only game we want to play - I also feel this tension and if I quit it will be quitting any online game playing as the hard work isn't worth loosing.

Finally Devillicious I forgot to ask you what it was like to level way back when you played a lot as I first enjoyed being so good at mining and remeber how fast I got coal at lvl35 mining while now at lvl89 mining it takes a lot longer. Add that to killing Torag by meelee it took 15 damage hits with 56 '0' strikes aswell. I am sure this was never that way back then! Also please excuse me for seeming to play kiddy stuff but I prefer that less stressful environment while it is still a challenge to me and moreso to my aging computer.

in the events preceeding 10/12 Jagex actually wanted us to believe that there was a "time-table" set for the destruction of runescape via "rwt". They wanted those little kids you know right now, those egotastic teens, and computer illiterate masses to believe that runescape would be "ultimately" destroyed if they didn't act within the months of Dec and Jan. So, all in all, false propaganda it was. The question is, why not think about yourself and think about what you want? Are you the type of person who wants to live in a nazi-socialist environment with greedy egotastic semi- dumb teen agers walking around clicking on a rock/tree/whatever all day ignoring you when you say "hello" or "hi"? Or are the person who expects an teamwork-based system of fighting, working together, and skilling? The best thing you can do is to support hybrid MMORPGs and small MMORPG dev companies so that you can influence them to design a game that fits your enjoyment and playability.

Originally posted by avneet

Considering runescape is a junior mmo , by Jagex's own description, how many Real MMOs have you played? list please?

A junior MMO? is that like a british term for MMOs designed for kids and made for the "growing educational" group? Hahah.......Never heard about Junior MMO's before. Never mind that now, I'm just thinking, where in fuck's name could Mechscape be? Oh well, project delayed eh. To be REALLY honest, I haven't seen any convincing and round the clock updates since MR. MG stepped into the scene. Damn, I can't even see a diffrence before and after he brought his ass in. Haha, well good luck to ya'll who still hang around world 1.

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Blissey

in the events preceeding 10/12 Jagex actually wanted us to believe that there was a "time-table" set for the destruction of runescape via "rwt". They wanted those little kids you know right now, those egotastic teens, and computer illiterate masses to believe that runescape would be "ultimately" destroyed if they didn't act within the months of Dec and Jan. So, all in all, false propaganda it was. The question is, why not think about yourself and think about what you want? Are you the type of person who wants to live in a nazi-socialist environment with greedy egotastic semi- dumb teen agers walking around clicking on a rock/tree/whatever all day ignoring you when you say "hello" or "hi"? Or are the person who expects an teamwork-based system of fighting, working together, and skilling? The best thing you can do is to support hybrid MMORPGs and small MMORPG dev companies so that you can influence them to design a game that fits your enjoyment and playability.

Gotta love Jagex's propaganda and how they fool the masses into believing it ;)

Hats off to Jagex, the big fibbers that they are. When they go into one of their rants about RWT or Hacking I picture them as some sort of egotistical preacher casting that stuff out like its the devil and overexaggerating every last bit. Hacking might be bigger than ever now, but its only because Jagex is full of hot air and never learn from their mistakes.