Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Imac G5 using xp?

HeidiHeidi Member Posts: 27

Hi, I am a returning player who has not been on for about two years.  Was planning on buying a brand new computer along with the Shadow Odyssey expansion (Apple Imac G5 partioned for XP windows).  Was wondering if anyone else is playing EQ2 on a G5.  Needed to know if it plays alright, if there is still the possibility of blue screen errors, and any other helpful information before I purchase it.  The reason I did not want to purchase a PC is due to bad history with them.  Blue screen errors, Vista, viruses, etc.. 

Comments

• shinobi234shinobi234 Member Posts: 437

i have pc and i build it ground up workin like a charm no blue errors ...... and i have vista works great no erros no memory hug and i plan on getin the new 07 which is the same as vista pretty movie icon in the middle and mix stuff around nothing different so yeah i am no fan boy or vista or xp i go what ever goes  so yeah just have to learn how to probly use it like i to i have no problems so far i build computers 9 years now and i am using prem version of vista but thats up to you man

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

You might want to try asking this over on the Apple site as well, you might get better results. (And aren't as likely to get "STFU mac newb" type posts, which you'll probably get sooner or later on more generalized gaming sites) Also inside Mac Games or Macworld forums might get you some good replies.

I have a G5 Imac but I haven't installed windows on it yet as I have a dedicated gaming PC. Sorry wish I could help more. All my Boot Camp experience is from when it was beta. I hear lots of good things about it now adays tho.

• ghaleonx128ghaleonx128 Member Posts: 145

From what I know, you can't install windows on a G5 computer. If it was an intel mac you could, but otherwise they use different archectures.

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by ghaleonx128

From what I know, you can't install windows on a G5 computer. If it was an intel mac you could, but otherwise they use different archectures.

Ur... ghaleonx is correct, kinda. The iMac series are based on the physical models rather than the chipsets inside of them. The G5 series is the All-in-1 (behind the monitor) on the slender stand. The earlier models are the PPC chipsets which can't run boot camp (Windows) , but all the newer models are Intel chipsets which do run boot camp. If you're buying a brand new one it'll be an Intel chipset and you'll be good.