Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

game client

tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

Ive been having issues with the game lately. if its one of my 3 characters in northrend pretty much right when the game starts it locks up and stops responding. if its my lvl 6 priest in tirisfal glades it works. Could be be from a corrupted WoTLK file. And if so where can I DL the client again. I lost my copy.

---------------------------------------------
WoW
-Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
-Rhalon 81 UD Mage
-Doneski 85 Orc death knight

"Everyones life has a beginning and an end, No one can change that."-Hiko
"If you wish to taste the ground, then feel free to attack."-Kenshin Himura

Comments

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007

log into your wow account on the wow website and downlod there, but first run the repeair tool on the main Wow folder on your PC.

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

i tried to do the blizz repair, reset and check all files and it still does it.

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by tu_uilwen

Ive been having issues with the game lately. if its one of my 3 characters in northrend pretty much right when the game starts it locks up and stops responding. if its my lvl 6 priest in tirisfal glades it works. Could be be from a corrupted WoTLK file. And if so where can I DL the client again. I lost my copy.

What exactly happens?  Are you able to still exit through the WoW interface?  Does it do a soft crash where you can still go back to your desktop or does it do a hard crash where you need to restart your computer?  Also, what happens on screen?  Does everything just freeze or do the graphics look out of whack?

Unfortunately there could be a number of issues.  Mine was hardware, hopefully yours isn't.

• tu_uilwentu_uilwen Member Posts: 794

its a soft crash, and when its on one of my chars in northrend the game freezes and stops responding. screen just turns black or white. then i close out the window and it goes to my desk top.

but see if im on my priest I have no issues, see is in the eastern kingdoms.

WoW
    -Rhalon 85 B.E. rogue
    -Rhalon 81 UD Mage

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459

Originally posted by tu_uilwen
    its a soft crash, and when its on one of my chars in northrend the game freezes and stops responding. screen just turns black or white. then i close out the window and it goes to my desk top.

but see if im on my priest I have no issues, see is in the eastern kingdoms.

As coffee said, just log in to your WoW account and you have the client download options there, no need for the original disks/box/code if you have a current paid up account as you have already entered all the information they need.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.