Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting out.

Slider7Slider7 Member UncommonPosts: 75

Hello~

I am looking at trying the game out for the 1st time and I was wondering if all I need to purchase is the initial game after running the trail or are there other expansion that I would need to purchase as well as the initial retail box.

I have looked at the forums for the game here on MMORPG and also on the Eve Online site and I can't seem to make heads or tails if there is multiple game and expansion that need to be purchased.

Thanks in advance and look forward to playing with everyone in game soon.

-Slider7

-Slider7

Looking for that next MMO

Comments

• All you have to buy is the initial box all expansions for eve are supplied free of charge.

• DevilXaphanDevilXaphan Member UncommonPosts: 1,144

If you have the retail box, then that is it, the rest will be a few update patches that were not included.

• Slider7Slider7 Member UncommonPosts: 75

Thank you both for your answers...I am going to give the 14 day trial a run and see if I like it.

Again, thank you.

-Slider7

-Slider7

• CodenakCodenak Member UncommonPosts: 418

Dont be disheartened if eve doesnt appeal the first time you try it, i know a few people who only "got" eve on their fifth, or even more, attempt. If its not initially for you, but it sticks in your mind, give it a try every so often :)

Protip: Eve is a lot more fun if you join an active player corporation :)

• Slider7Slider7 Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by Codenak

Dont be disheartened if eve doesnt appeal the first time you try it, i know a few people who only "got" eve on their fifth, or even more, attempt. If its not initially for you, but it sticks in your mind, give it a try every so often :)

Protip: Eve is a lot more fun if you join an active player corporation :)

Thank you for the advice!  I will keep that in mind.

-Slider7

-Slider7

• RodentofdoomRodentofdoom Member Posts: 273

It helps to read up some of the basic aspects of Eve life before starting out (here & the main Eve forums)

knowledge helps you plan, and in Eve without a plan you flounder and drown in possibilities.

Eve's learning cliff can seem impossibly daunting at first, but it is easy to grasp with a little patience and time.