Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SERVER MERGE F.A.Q.

Which servers will be merged?

We will merge the German and French PvP servers to the International PvP server and the German and French PvE servers to the International PvE server:

• Jumanvhare and Sarakaril -> Deiquonril
  • Mornexus and Drayom -> Dravhare

When will the server merges happen and will all the servers merged at the same time?

No, the server merges will be divided in two phases to ensure everything will run smoothly: Monday 18th May 2009 from 9.00am to 1.00pm (CEST) for the PvP servers and Tuesday 19th May 2009 from 9.00am to 1.00pm (CEST) for the PvE servers.

Players will not be able to play on the servers while merging. However it will possible to join the ones not migrated yet or already migrated. It means that during the PvP server migrations, players will have access to the PvE servers and vice versa.

What happens if several characters with the same name end up on the same server?

After the servers merge, players will have to import manually their characters. If there already are characters with the same name in the server, then they will have to change it.

Players, who have no characters in the International servers, will have to create one, thus they will access to the character selection screen where an Import button will be displayed on the bottom left of the screen.

1. Click on the Import Characters button and a window with the list of the player’s characters will appear.

2. Select the character to migrate in the list (Characters can also be deleted from this window) and click Import.

3. A verification window will be displayed with the name of the character. If the name of the character is not taken, it will be imported with a confirmation window. If the name of the characters is already taken, an error message will be displayed, and then players will have to change the name of the character. (Player will not be able to migrate their character if they have reached the maximum amount of active characters for the server)

4. The character imported will be displayed in the list of the character selection screen. It means the migration process worked fine and the character is ready to play.

What happens if two guilds with the same name end up on the same server?

We will not proceed to guild migrations. However, the fee for the creation of the guild will be refunded to the Guild Leader. Players will have to re-create their guild on the international servers.

What will be migrated for the players’ characters?

Everything will be migrated including attributes and attribute points, gold, items in the inventory, equipment, learned skills, skill deck layout, all current quests and finished quests. Also, all received mails will be migrated; however the sender name will be lost.

What will happen to my items in the Market Place?

Market Place items will be rolled back and players will retrieve their items, broker’s fee and their gold if the items were sold.

What will happen with the arena points/teams/prestige?

The arena points and the prestige will be migrated but the teams will be reset. Players will have to create new teams on the International servers.

Will there be a possibility to transfer single characters to another server?

Technically it is possible and this is a feature that we could implement in the future. At the moment, no single migrations will be available.

Can a character be transferred from one server ruleset to another (e.g. from a PvE server to a PvP server)?

No, we have currently no plans for it.

Can a character be transferred from an EU server to an US server or vice versa?

No, it is not possible. It is a feature that we could implement in the future but we have no plans for it at the moment.

How will I know if one of my friends had to rename his character after the merge?

No notifications will be given; it will not be possible to know if one of your friends renamed his character.

The friends/ignore list will not be migrated.

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Merge already :(

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

Merge already :(

No, long overdue. Too many servers for a too small territory at launch. It is high time they correct that mistake.

--
    Delanor

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

the US servers seem really dead as well.

Originally posted by jimsmith08

Really? That is the first time I heard that complaint. Might have to do with more players from the UK switching to the EU servers and Acclaims marketing failing in Europe.

--
    Delanor

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989

is why I don't play anymore....ghost towns only interest me in single player FPS games....but ToSB was sweet...just not active.....sad

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578
    Originally posted by Delanor

Really? That is the first time I heard that complaint. Might have to do with more players from the UK switching to the EU servers and Acclaims marketing failing in Europe.

Patch 1.04 has really driven a lot of people away from the game.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154
    Originally posted by afoaa

Patch 1.04 has really driven a lot of people away from the game.

Sorry I havent been able to play mutch lately, But what happed in 1.04?

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

Originally posted by Ekibiogami 

I wish I could tell you. I play the game, but have no idea what people are complaining about. Seems some people have issues with the AI, but it functions the same as before the patch as far as I can tell. Seems some others have problems with short interruptions/lag, but I have yet to experience that. So they blame patch 1.0.4. Maybe so, but I cannot confirm any of it.

--
    Delanor

• mechtech256mechtech256 Member UncommonPosts: 206

I wish I could tell you. I play the game, but have no idea what people are complaining about. Seems some people have issues with the AI, but it functions the same as before the patch as far as I can tell. Seems some others have problems with short interruptions/lag, but I have yet to experience that. So they blame patch 1.0.4. Maybe so, but I cannot confirm any of it.

The problem with 1.04 isn't really specific, but I'll give a rundown.

First off, they missed their release target by a couple weeks, which always pisses people off.

Second, we get new features like the Arena, but classes are still imbalanced.

3rd, they broke more than they fixed. The new AI makes many quests unfinisheable, and combat is more of a pain, because mobs run away and reset their health far too often. Even more skills got broken.

Overall, any MMO player has see this type of behavior before. Nobody wants to play a game where every month new classes get nerfed and different hotfixes change around the gameplay. People just want  a stable game experience, and it doesn't look like that's going to get delivered, so lots of people got turned off by 1.04.

• jimsmith08jimsmith08 Member Posts: 1,039

are the EU servers not ghost towns anymore?

• MysticCabbagMysticCabbag Member Posts: 24

Granted 1.04 has some problems, but afoaa himself is the one making the biggest stink over the whole thing.

My wife and I have been playing through Ringfell Hearth with no problems. We had one MOB reset on us once when it ran into a wall of rocks, but that was it. That zone is even known for its difficulty and we had no problems completing the content at all. In fact, I went from PeP 4 to PeP 5 in my last play session there.

And jimsmith08 is completely mistaken. I see more people playing every time I log in. If there were any more players around I'd likely be here complaining about spawn camping. It would be nice to know that there were a dozen servers as full as this one, but there aren't. Right now I'd say the number of people I see playing around me seems about right.

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578
    Originally posted by MysticCabbag

Granted 1.04 has some problems, but afoaa himself is the one making the biggest stink over the whole thing.

Just wait until you get into the late 30s my friend and see groups common humanoid mobs range attack you for 50% of you health every attack round and kite around into objects so they reset their hits and then instantly  attack you again.

And then try to play a class with no healing unless you melee lifetap against those mobs.

Heart is not particulary harder than other zones , its just the first zone with the normal difficulty level instead of the easy zones at earlier levels.

Hopefully they will have fixed the current ranged damage mistake by the time you hit the later game, else you will quite well understand what I am talking about (unless of course you play a mage class). I have just decided to put the game on hold until they change things back to normal. Thats the beauty of the coin system, you dont really subscribe so you dont really lose anything by not playing.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• markyturnipmarkyturnip Member UncommonPosts: 837

I am pleased there will be a merge, as I woudl like to see more players on.

It has been quiet - it's a shame so many people were turned off by the awful string of kill boar quests at the beginning.

It's a good game, and could have some very fun pvp once populations rise.

It does need to sort out a gazillion skills not working as intended, and a real gailure in the recipes and resources department for the crafting part - which, if working properly, could also be excellent.

These boards are no fun. I am gonna play Spellborn and have fun. See you in game. At least when you play Dravhare.

--
    Delanor

• maniacfoxmaniacfox Member UncommonPosts: 171

I'm glad they are merging the servers, I'd rather see more people running around the world, even if they are speaking French or German. I noticed that the population started to rise a little after I started but this seems to have stopped.

I know there are issues even though I haven't been directly affected by them much myself. I really enjoy the game but right now I've got my fingers crossed for Spellborn!