Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New class for soloing?

VirusBasilisVirusBasilis Member Posts: 5

Hey guys,

it's been a very long time since I last played the game, there have been tons of patches and changes which I couldnt follow anymore...

Any advice which class I should take now for playing solo? Just created an Assassin, but I'm not really sure if thats a viable option.

Comments

• VirusBasilisVirusBasilis Member Posts: 5

Come on guys, 28 views and no answer? Want to start playing :-)

• summitussummitus Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

Hey there,I dont play EQ 2 at the moment but when I did I found these classes to be very suitable for solo play ..

1. Necormancer / Conjuror

2. Illusionist / Coercer

3. Brawler / Monk or Bruiser

4. Warden

these were I think the ones I found most enjoyable and easy to solo  and by far the easiest was  probably Necro ,but  for other people it could be different depending on your playstyle I guess .

Anyways give them a try you can normally tell if you are going like a class after a few levels. I have made so many characters in EQ 2 that I've lost count ,then again creating a character that you can invest the time in is half the fun , for me it is anyway.

Hope this helps a little.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

Originally posted by summitus

1. Necormancer / Conjuror

2. Illusionist / Coercer

3. Brawler / Monk or Bruiser

4. Warden

• VirusBasilisVirusBasilis Member Posts: 5

Thanks a lot, I think I'll try the Warden.

How about the dark knight thing with selfhealing?

• edmonaledmonal Member Posts: 188

Shadowknights are pretty strong right now, to the point of almost being overpowered. If you like playing a tank that can do serious damage then try it. They really come into their own when they get Life Tap, then they can pull large groups of mobs and wipe them out.

• drag9999drag9999 Member Posts: 252

For soloing I'd say Brawlers (Monk and Bruiser). This is for two things: they have a powerful, long cooldown heal and they can feign death. That means when you're dying, you can try your self heal, if that doesn't work, feign death and the mobs should leave you alone.

• BaffaBaffa Member Posts: 37

Defilers, Guardians and Templars tend to solo really slow and have poor options to increase the solo speed (killing speed) dramatically with AA's like most other classes can.

Assassins might not be the best choice because of all stealth attacks needed to dish out some damage but you will be able to handle all solo content there is.

If you want to be able to after heroic content I suggest necromancer, easier to master compared to enchanters and with tainted heals your pet will be able to take alot of punishment to even be able to kill nameds.

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

I haven't played a class that can't solo currently. Some are definitely more enjoyable to solo, but you shouldn't have problems getting groups either. I've found Necro's as others have said to definitely be very solo-able (and generally very versatile and enjoyable, Darklight woods is a nice starting area also). Furies are fun soloers and more versatile then I'd thought (and my Fury is a perfectly reasonable healer too, they seem to have a kind of reputation as "not so good healers" which I think isn't true)

• SlynthSlynth Member Posts: 2

IMO Best Soloers are as followed:

1. Furies-Easy because you can heal yourself

2. Wizard's-Root,Nuke,Nuke,Nuke,Root

3. Necro's-AA line to heal your pet with 5 diffrent spells which makes soloing easy (Tainted Heals)

4. Ranger's-Snare and engages from long range

5. Conjuror's-Tank pet is a good match

6. Monk/Bruiser-Depends on the gear, but feign death is very useful.