Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DERAILED + GOT NEEDED INFO DELETE PLEASE

G_RavenorG_Ravenor Member Posts: 108

well?

I mean I am ok have skills queued up like anything but my point is, they never gave an estimated downtime or gave us any idea when the servers will be back up, by my count it has been almost 4 and a half hours now...

This is bad, why? I think they gave less than 24 hours notice), plus not giving an estimated time for when we can expect the servers up, just shows a complete lack of respect for us customers, not even the site, where they meant to be updating us has any information.....

So here I ask, does anyone know whats going on? is eve dead? have the devs done the ultimate scam to us all? took our money and closed the game? (yeah I know but I had to lol)....

I just want information on when I can get back to playing eve, just started to enjoy it again :(

edited and highlighted for the dumb people who can't read

shhh... you might wake the trolls

Comments

• sazabisazabi Member UncommonPosts: 389

stop trolling.

eve is working perfectly.

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

They notified everyone that did bother to read the updates on the login-screen or the website that downtime will be from 05:00 to 12:00 well in advance.

Wait 2 and a half more hours and servers will be back up.

Don't blame anyone else because you didn't bother to read the notifications on the login screen or the announcements on their website.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• G_RavenorG_Ravenor Member Posts: 108

all the notifications I saw only had the start time, this was not an intended troll thread, to be honest I just wanted to know when I can start playing again...

Didnt think this was that much of a major patch

People really jump on the boat to have ago at someone at times, some people have anger management issues....

I asked here because as you can see, the eve website has no info now, neither does the client!!

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412
    Originally posted by G_Ravenor

all the notifications I saw only had the start time, this was not an intended troll thread, to be honest I just wanted to know when I can start playing again...
    Didnt think this was that much of a major patch
     People really jump on the boat to have ago at someone at times, some people have anger management issues....
    I asked here because as you can see, the eve website has no info now, neither does the client!!

Asking here is fine, no problems at all.

Blaming someone else for a lack of respect to customers because you failed to read all the relevant information before it was too late ( gee, there's a patch tomorrow and this notification has the start time but I can't see the end time. Hmm... maybe I should check their website now to see when it ends. Nah, I'll just go whine on the forums tomorrow. ) is not fine.

Going all paranoid and wondering wether CCP has pulled the plug and scammed everyone even though you apparently knew there was a patch in progress is not fine.

Telling the people that answer your question and point out your own faults that they have anger management issues is not fine.

I hope next time you either do put in the effert to check what's going on if CCP announces a patch at weird times ( such as 05:00 GMT ) or if for some reason you can't do that you simply ask nicely, instead of claiming that CCP is the worst company ever because they didn't bother to personally phone you to make sure you were up to date with when the patching was to be done and to check if the patching progress did not interfere with your playing times.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• burnzehburnzeh Member Posts: 8

hehe, EVE addicts! :p *coughs*

Hack the Planet. !!1!

fail to see the little comment after my line about ccp scamming us?! I think it clearly shows I was not serious about it, and yes I had checked the eve site yesterday, I also checked battle clinic but found nothing...

See what I have a probelm with is CCP giving only roughy 24 hours notice of a patch, I mean they may of said something on the site, but most of us play the game rather than hang around in the forums...

And I am right is saying about anger management issues or atleast issues of some sort as you clearly still think I am a troll, when I am not, infact I hardly post at all, and I now know why, nobody can take a little joke anymore and take everything to heart

but at the end of the day, I just don't care, I just wanted to know when the servers were up, you could of just said that and all would of been well...

• demolishIXdemolishIX Member Posts: 632

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

five hour down time for a patch means Eve is dying?

What is wrong with you?

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• catsaadcatsaad Member Posts: 176

i think the cute little op of this post lost his mind .he couldnot find anything against eve .and started trolling .these trollers are cancer of these forums and have nothing good to do than trolling and wasting their own time and that of others.

• zorgxptozorgxpto Member Posts: 8

i creat an account just to ask .... how can a stupid one like you survive on eve ???

ok maybe my choice of words were poor, but the whole eve dying thing WAS NOT SERIOUS, the part about why is the DT taking so long, is because I didnt think it was such a big patch as to require such a long time, that is all, no troll, just observation...

I love eve, so why would I troll against it? you fan boi's and flamers need to check what your firing at before you press those keys, just because I said something negative doesnt mean I am a troll, for crying out loud...

basiclly......... STFU

should be online soon anyway

• spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367

lol wow, seriously? four WHOLE hours? omg, i mean, you might have to go outside and see humans that aren't in a pod or something! Blasphemous!

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• ViluVilu Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by zorgxpto

i creat an account just to ask .... how can a stupid one like you survive on eve ???

Ehhehe...

Well Eve is not dead. It's called a patchday with longer downtime than normal.

1.2 Patch

14/05/2009

Apocrypha 1.2 downtime on schedule

Deployment of Apocrypha 1.2 is on schedule and we expect to be back up at 12:00 GMT.

me stupid? you all just ignore majority of the post and only see what you want to see, not the fact that I wasnt being serious about the eve is dead crap, if you actually bothered to READ you would know that I was simpley asking when does the downtime end because I personally didnt see anything that told me when...

Stop being total ****wits and shut up, the question has been answered, and as for the noob who created an account to ask a question,  go back to wow, actually that applies to the lot of you...

• zorgxptozorgxpto Member Posts: 8

you can make my day... can you cry even higher ???

or should i ask .... can i keep your ibis ? :)      ( please dont leave the game because of me , we need lemmings like you )

oh here we go, the whole cry thing now? you know I would of thought you wouldnt want that anyway other wise it would put out your flames...

If a mod reads this, close the damn thread I have the information I need........

and **** the lot of you flamers

• ViluVilu Member Posts: 26

me stupid? you all just ignore majority of the post and only see what you want to see, not the fact that I wasnt being serious about the eve is dead crap, if you actually bothered to READ you would know that I was simpley asking when does the downtime end because I personally didnt see anything that told me when...

Stop being total ****wits and shut up, the question has been answered, and as for the noob who created an account to ask a question,  go back to wow, actually that applies to the lot of you...

Really?

So here I ask, does anyone know whats going on? is eve dead? have the devs done the ultimate scam to us all? took our money and closed the game? (yeah I know but I had to)....

I just want information on when I can get back to playing eve, just started to enjoy it again :(

First, incase you didn't notice, we're in internet. It's really hard to tell if someone is being sarcastic or just joking or actually being serious, mainly because i cannot hear your tone of your voice if you would have said it. I cannot see your face for emotions to see if you're joking or not.

Second, your "yeah i know but I had to" part doesn't really tell if you're refering to the "took our money and closed" part, or the whole text.

Third, in my experience there are stupid people around. Like people asking how to do thing X in a game and get literally told to delete their character and they do it. And then ragequit when they notice what they just did.

And because of the point #3, i read and talk to people as they were idiots with IQ below their shoe number. Expection being people i already know. But yeah, maybe you should think what you post, before you post? edit: or how you post it.

• catsaadcatsaad Member Posts: 176

a meesage specially for op:for your information wow closes 10 hours for a patch .even if its 2 mb patch .and you are not the developer or programmer who knows a nick about what changes programmers have to make to keep the game stable.

i think the op has problem reading the front page of eve online .and this is for him.

eve online apocrypha 1.2 deployment thursday, 14th may 2009.

reported by CCP Navigator | 2009.05.13 11:34:08 | NEW

EVE Online: Apocrypha 1.2 will be deployed on Thursday, 14th May, 2009. Downtime is scheduled to start at 05.00 GMT and is expected to be completed by 12.00 GMT.

This patch will fix issues that have been reported following the release of Apocrypha 1.1 including a wide variety of fixes to ships and modules, agents and missions, user interface and much more. The downtime will affect the forums which will be unavailable for part of the time. It is advisable that all players ensure that their skill queues are populated with enough skills prior to the patch deployment. Patch notes are available; updates to the notes may be added should any further items be cleared through the Quality Assurance process. These updates will be highlighted with green text.

• HalpotHalpot Member CommonPosts: 204

Thread has served its purpose, so closing at the request of the OP.

This discussion has been closed.