Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Football Manager Live

I have noticed that Football Manager Live is not in the game list. Shouldn't it be? It is a MMOG in every aspect. Ok, you may not have the usual avatar/ship/vehicle that you move around in a world, but in all other respects it qualifies as an MMOG. For me at least!

Comments

• korneykidkorneykid Member Posts: 15

Huh, I wonder why its not up there. It does qualify to be an MMO but,even though this is the biggest MMORPG website on the internet you cant expect them to have EVERY MMO....=]

NOTHINGNESS means everything....

• huxflux2004huxflux2004 Member Posts: 730

FML is not just another small, negligible MMO. It is based on the hugely successful championship/football manager titles from Sports Interactive and it is much more popular and important than most of the hundreds of games that are listed here. To be honest I think it is the only MMO that would have the potential to beat WOW, if properly marketed. Football fans are in the billions and are everywhere!

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

Game companies themselves have to register with their own games.   Quite simply put if they won't spend a handful of hours over a few days for the publicity they aren't serious* enough to be on the list.

*lame sweeping statement that somewhat holds true.

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• huxflux2004huxflux2004 Member Posts: 730

Or maybe they are just not interested in the hack'n'slash audience of this site. Especially when they have a playerbase of the millions that bought and played some or all Championship/Football Manager titles.

Can some official from mmorpg.com confirm that all games listed have been listed after the request of their publisher/developer?

BTW, I can see many games here, whose developers can in nooo way be considered "serious"!

• StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696
    Originally posted by huxflux2004

Or maybe they are just not interested in the hack'n'slash audience of this site. Especially when they have a playerbase of the millions that bought and played some or all Championship/Football Manager titles.

Can some official from mmorpg.com confirm that all games listed have been listed after the request of their publisher/developer?

BTW, I can see many games here, whose developers can in nooo way be considered "serious"!

Sure, i'll jump in. 

Basically, games get lsited in one of two ways: One, a developer or publisher aproaches us. Two, we find out about a game that we didn't know about before and we work toward getting it listed.

Keeping a 100% updated list of all of teh MMOs currently available is, as you can well imagine, a daunting task. Sometimes there are games that we miss. Obviously, this is one that we need to look into and the info has been passed on to the proper channels. 

Just for the future, if you look at eh Game List, there's an option at the bottom to sumbit the name of a game that we don't have on there. Much easier way to get our attention than a random thread that I happened to notice :)

Cheers,
    Jon Wood
    Managing Editor
    MMORPG.com