Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UK players on US servers?

So I after downloading the wrong client by mistake I did end up on the english euro server. Only problem is its empty. I have the EU site bookmarked but everytime I click it I get sent to the american website, I am wondering that UK players are joining the wrong servers by mistake. It feels really lonely playing this game for 2 hours (late morning/noon) and not seeing ANYONE.

I like this game but the population is too low. I have been thinking about changing to the US servers instead. I had no problem with pings on US servers for WoW but with TCOS's combat I am worried the ping might make it unplayable. Any Euro players on US server that can tell me how it is?

Comments

• neilh73neilh73 Member Posts: 239

I'm from the UK.   I've been playing TCoS for 3 weeks now and I have to say that latency and high ping isn't really a problem for me.  I very rarely get lag, it only happens when there is A LOT going on at one time, for instance loads of characters onscreen, lots of spell effects going off etc.. 

Like I say though, generally things are fine.  My internet connection is only 3 meg atm as I have moved house recently and where I am now I can't get Virgin fiberoptic cable broadband so I have to make do with crappy BT wireless.  As for my system, it was pretty good 2 years ago, but now its nothing special:

Intel C2D E6600 @ 2.8 GHz

Abit AB9 Motherboard

4 Gb Kingston DDR2 800 MHz RAM

Nvidia 8800GTX 768 Mb

320 GB SATA 2 7200 RPM HD

Windows XP Pro 32

19" Widescreen monitor @ 1440 x 900

Like I say the game runs pretty smoothly with no FPS problems and only the occasional little bit of lag.  Hope this helps.

MMORPG History:
    Playing - EVE Online.
    Played (Retired) - AO, SWG, MxO, WoW, RFO, SoR, CoX, EQ2, GW, L2, Vanguard, LotRO, AoC, TCoS, Aion.
    Favourite MMO - Pre-CU SWG, 3 Years, 4 Accounts, 2 Pre-CU Jedi (1 Pre-9).
    Awaiting - Star Wars: The Old Republic, The Secret World, Earthrise.

• TheHistorianTheHistorian Member Posts: 30

[quote]Originally posted by SynxVII
    I have the EU site bookmarked but everytime I click it I get sent to the american website, I am wondering that UK players are joining the wrong servers by mistake.[/b][/quote]

Actually UK players should be on Acclaim's Servers. We hold the license for the UK.

• GtoNiseRGtoNiseR Member Posts: 9

Yea everyone should play on Acclaim side so euro servers are even more dead!

I have heard many UK-ers who had trouble with ping and lag, and therefor chose for the Euro servers. You should try it for yourself tho, Euro servers are quite empty but it is getting better, and joining an active guild also helps :)

Trace

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by TheHistorian

Actually UK players should be on Acclaim's Servers. We hold the license for the UK.

I protest. Acclaim should never have gotten that license.

So UK players feel free to pick the server you want.

--
    Delanor

• GtoNiseRGtoNiseR Member Posts: 9
    Originally posted by Delanor

QFT!

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by GtoNiseR

QFT!

Exactly, I'm from the UK, which is part of Europe, we are not the 51st state of America and anyone from the UK, dont allow yourself to be treat as such, make a stand.

UK people should be on the Euro servers, Acclaim are destroying this game.

I am playing on the EU pvp server and i'm loving it!

• DelanorDelanor Member Posts: 659
    Originally posted by paulrgod 
    Acclaim are destroying this game.

That, my friend, is not their intend. I even believe they are doing a good job. But splitting Europe up between multiple publishers is not in the best interest of the players. Telling players from the UK they should be playing the Acclaim servers is not doing any good either.

--
    Delanor

• paulrgodpaulrgod Member UncommonPosts: 240

Originally posted by paulrgod 
    Acclaim are destroying this game.

That, my friend, is not their intend. I even believe they are doing a good job. But splitting Europe up between multiple publishers is not in the best interest of the players. Telling players from the UK they should be playing the Acclaim servers is not doing any good either.

OK maybe i should have rephrased that to - 'Killing the Game in the EU'

They do indeed seem to be doing a good job at the US side of things, but they are being very greedy and misleading people into thinking that they dont have a choice - Even their tiny link at the top left of the website that used to say 'EU Spellborn' has changed so it's even more misleading.

The Redirects should end, when people goto www.tcos.com they should get a choice of where to go -

Click here to visit US Spellborn

Click here to visit EU Spellborn

Simple really!