Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I?

SubL_JediSubL_Jedi Member UncommonPosts: 75

I've played alot of mmo's heard nothing but good news about this game but I never tried it. Is the population big enough to start playing? would like to know some details non specific though thanks.

Now Playing: Guild Wars 2/ Diablo 3

Comments

• skicksskicks Member UncommonPosts: 7

I have personally played since launch, and in all honesty I would say if you havent played it in the past in its current state would not be good to start up unless you have friends that play it as well.  Though I will say it is a great game!

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

Played the game from early beta until 6 years after launch as a on going tester as well. What was once a awesome game is no more. As the previous poster stated the current state of the game is a mess and has been for a long, long, time. DAOC is a perfect example of how MJ and Mythic can really fuck up a game in my opinion....

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• LeiferonLeiferon Member Posts: 4

DAOC is, was, and will be for some time the best PvP MMO.

I recently went back to DAOC after quiting WAR because the designers forgot to put fun in.

DAOC is very aged though and without friends it can be very hard to start. With friends your geared and RvRing in 8 hours played.

~Leif

• PhoenixWritePhoenixWrite Member Posts: 33

Well, nobody really can tell you what you should do...after all it is your life and only you know wether you will enjoy something or not. But there is just a win/win situation for you here. Just download 14 day Trail and get your own experience on this game.

However DAoC isn't like newer games, there won't be some advice, some guiding arround after tutorial you most likely will be droped near capital city and from that point on you are on your own. You can do whatever you like to do, there are no must questing, no real ideal way to go about things.

On Devon Cluster you probably will find a lot of people who are leveling anyway, so it is now or never, most likely, to get to know DAoC. In game you will find many nice people who help and a usefull /advice channel to ask any question. This is a game where you have to keep asking people for advice to get into it but this, at least to me, is one of many good points..for this game because there is some communication required.

Just try it out :)