Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MO Attacks loyal fan

Comments

• LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137

LOL.  This dude had a bitchfit because the mods locked his thread.  NERD-RAGE TO TEH MAXXXXX!!!1!!!!

Grow up Poopookazoo.  MO is going to rock your socks.  I hope to see you in game.  I could always use a spare set of armor.

• jaspr180jaspr180 Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Lasterba

LOL.  This dude had a bitchfit because the mods locked his thread.  NERD-RAGE TO TEH MAXXXXX!!!1!!!!

Grow up Poopookazoo.  MO is going to rock your socks.  I hope to see you in game.  I could always use a spare set of armor.

The problem wasnt even that they locked his thread.  They never have its actually still open.   In fact, he never even had a mod or dev post in it.  Like grunty said, hes pissed because of the reputation system, other forum members gave him negative reputation because hes calling everyone who doesent agree with him a carebear.   

He comes here to post his sensationalist story hoping to trash MO claiming he was a LOYAL FAN!!!

In all seriousness though.   The Star Vault devs are probably some of the best I have ever seen as far as community participation and interaction.    Got to love the indy studios.   Where else can you and eveyrone you know go play Ultima Online with the company CEO, have him fund your in game ventures just so he can try to demonstrate to the community  what he is trying to bring back.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

To get 1 rep point you need to post i think 100 post.

1 rep =10 so if i neg rep you you have total of 9 that means your overal rep is 0.

So are you sure admin neg repped you or just the forum members disproved your thread and neg repped you?

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• PupuzuPupuzu Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by jaspr180

Originally posted by Lasterba

The problem wasnt even that they locked his thread.  They never have its actually still open.   In fact, he never even had a mod or dev post in it.  Like grunty said, hes pissed because of the reputation system, other forum members gave him negative reputation because hes calling everyone who doesent agree with him a carebear.   

He comes here to post his sensationalist story hoping to trash MO claiming he was a LOYAL FAN!!!

In all seriousness though.   The Star Vault devs are probably some of the best I have ever seen as far as community participation and interaction.    Got to love the indy studios.   Where else can you and eveyrone you know go play Ultima Online with the company CEO, have him fund your in game ventures just so he can try to demonstrate to the community  what he is trying to bring back.

Like i said im over it now, but one thing has to be clarified...they did lock the thread and i lost more than one point so i find the timing of it all suspect since it happened all same time and such i dont think it was user caused on my rep, now they unlocked it a nice finishing touch to smear me...i supposed its just my word now so im only going to say that its easy to manipulate forums after the fact...so im dropping it already, all can stop posting now and let it die since this is just  a drama and i really wasted my time just to be spiteful for the heck of it, i really joined their forums since day one just so i could shoot myself in the foot.  For those who suggested neg repping me now really have missed the point, as my chances for beta ended when they singled me out so you  cant hurt my chance anymore than happened and frankly whne you lose what you worked for you dont care at this point.  Thats all i have to say this is my last message, i hope no one else bothers to post let the the thread die along with the truth that inspired it thats is how these things end i harbored no illusions, if it be a nerds rant it sure was not based on anger but a response to injury.

• CapernicusCapernicus Member Posts: 51

OP is a Drama Troll, they have managed to do the same again here. Tisk tisk, nughty boy.

• lornjlornj Member Posts: 334

basically you got owned and you think your rep points were going to get you into beta. that wasnt going to happen.

• jaspr180jaspr180 Member Posts: 96
    Originally posted by Pupuzu

Like i said im over it now, but one thing has to be clarified...they did lock the thread and i lost more than one point so i find the timing of it all suspect since it happened all same time and such i dont think it was user caused on my rep, now they unlocked it a nice finishing touch to smear me...i supposed its just my word now so im only going to say that its easy to manipulate forums after the fact...so im dropping it already, all can stop posting now and let it die since this is just  a drama and i really wasted my time just to be spiteful for the heck of it, i really joined their forums since day one just so i could shoot myself in the foot.  For those who suggested neg repping me now really have missed the point, as my chances for beta ended when they singled me out so you  cant hurt my chance anymore than happened and frankly whne you lose what you worked for you dont care at this point.  Thats all i have to say this is my last message, i hope no one else bothers to post let the the thread die along with the truth that inspired it thats is how these things end i harbored no illusions, if it be a nerds rant it sure was not based on anger but a response to injury.

Yes, your post really uncovered a huge scandal!.    In fact besides EVERYTHING they've ever claimed, Star Vault wants all carebear requests to be honored because it's trying to perfect the feature list for Hello Kitty Island Adventure 2.0.     Good job Sherlock!      Now can we take off our tin foil hats please?

You can check the reputation recieved under the "User CP" section, when logged into MortalOnline.com       I suggest you take a look and see how many points you have.  My guess is you never had more than 1 point to begin with.    I think  10 points  = 1 block , 100 reputation points = 2 blocks.    

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

You got dinged rep points for using MO the " doom and gloom " prediction.   Posters there are about as rabid as DF, but they aren't allowed to cuss at you so they knock your rep points.

Probably the biggest problem with your OP there was the belief that " carebears " are the reason for a game to change.   Its the dev's and publisher's decision to change the way game mechanics work, and they will change them if their product is failing or can make more $$ with " tweaks ". 

Its a bit more sad that the mod there didn't take the time to research why UO implemented Trammel. 

• DiekfooDiekfoo Member Posts: 583

Originally posted by Varking

I don't see where you were "attacked" in that thread...

they took away my reptution points and closed my thread....they didnt give a reason either...it was a silent attack sort of like stfu we dont care what you think sort of thing

? I dont understand you. There where no attack on you at all and also the thread is not closed. I myself wrote in your thread and wrote that games fail if they look to much at other games. 

Regarding the reputation points. I am not sure how they work. So dont take it serious. I have written alot of posts and and have rep 2.

• PanturaPantura Member Posts: 54

Wow, if there's any attack or offensive behaviour, it's you against SV. The thread should not be loyal but rather fanatic fan. There hasn't been any evidence that would turn this game into anything else it is. If I were on the developing side and someone was constantly yelling at my ear not to make a game something it would never become anyway, I'd get angry. But that is not thepoint.

To me the whole thread just seems like a personal war against shadows (or windmills or how you say it) and fishing for forum posts and points...seriously you could do 1 large post instead of 4 in a row. Oh but now I'm doing the attacking...

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

well thats fine and dandy, i certainly wasnt stirring any trouble up. that wasnt my intention, but considering they took it that way instead of politely informing me that i was violating some unwritten rule in there politically corrert world, well whatever  i suppsoe no crying over spilled milk...it happened to me if you dont tow the line it will happen to you whatever that line is in there little book, i must have accidently tripped over it.  It was more of a just to let you know this is how they roll thread, nothng good can come from people that use such methods. Youll see.

Actually once he posted at the verry most you should of said "Thanks for the responce, I hope you guys stick to that but time will tell" and left it at that. Instead you kept going and going. For comparison look at the WoW forums. Poorly moderated and nothing but giant flame fests. For every 1 even remotly decent topic there are 1000 worthless ones. Then look at the LOTRO forums. Fairly well moderated forums and lots of decent topics. They lock/delete threads for ALOT less than yours yet the dev team / community managers are verry nice and respected people.

Not going to say you are wrong to express concerns but to say you where attacked? Hardly!

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

lol what is this?

a friendly reply from a mod. the mods there can be quite fachist...

My blog: image

• L1ghtsabeRL1ghtsabeR Member Posts: 102

So basically, you don't get enough people who agree with your views on the official forum, so you feel offended and come here to cry about it? Seriously... what do you expect to achieve by doing this?

Secondly, they (the mods) didn't take away your rep, members of the community who disagreed with your posts gave you negative rep.

Personally, I didn't even read past the OP after you posted that thread, quite simply because I thought your concerns and views were silly and I didn't want to get wraped up in a pointless argument.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144
    Originally posted by L1ghtsabeR

So basically, you don't get enough people who agree with your views on the official forum, so you feel offended and come here to cry about it? Seriously... what do you expect to achieve by doing this?

So he is supposed to make a 2nd topic to continue the discussion?   

If I was the OP I probably would have reworded the post here to steer away from what was done there to continue the discussion, but the OP did the right thing to try and keep a discussion going at a forum that doesn't lock slightly disagreeable topics.

• LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332

they took away my reptution points and closed my thread....they didnt give a reason either...it was a silent attack sort of like stfu we dont care what you think sort of thing

Worry not. Who you are is not defined by the points you have accumulated on an internet message board.

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • hanshotfirsthanshotfirst Member UncommonPosts: 712

Oh well needsless to say they attacked me for no good reason...

Quoted for irony. Apparently you're a forum carebear.

• joshejoshe Member Posts: 379

Did anyone looked at OP's replies before answering here ?
    Were there at least 1% of sensible replies ?

It seems that every upset newcomer, which has been given a bitchslap (mostly from a mod) is coming here and start to whine.

Hope it will stay at this level, because if all those, who got their thread locked started to whine ...

--
    /thread

Remember, your advantage lies in your opponent's weakness (J)

• ThaBadManThaBadMan Member UncommonPosts: 23

It seems concerns about future change are well founded...for those of you excited about real pvp and the hype, expect MO to be a repeat of darkfall or worse. The funny thing is i was just expressing concern over losing the good qualities of the game should the carebears want to make it like wow. Apparently they didnt like those thoughts. I dont think i was being negative...Iwas actually excited about the game and its why i brought it up. Oh well needsless to say they attacked me for no good reason...

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/10456-degeneration-potential.html

Wtf they did not attack u, the moderator explained something to u.

And u should be so worried about "conspirations" from the carebears to destroy the game.

A wise man does not fear, a man afraid does not think.

Two little goblins out in the sun, down came a griffin.
    Then there was one.

• GrosCulGrosCul Member Posts: 30

So you recently learned the name *carebears* .. Congratulations.You did stir up the pot . You simply used a certain type of player(stereotype) to add weight to your point.Repeating carebears 15 time in one paragraph won't make your point more valid.But simply make you look like a brats that just learned a new word on the internet.

If you want people and dev to take you more seriously.Simply talk about your idea and don't waste hundred  of bytes only with 1 word to add weight to your point.There's millions of people posting and talking on internet.So if you want to be taken seriously.Try to differ a little.

===============

Im a little worried, i watched the power point and i felt and old feeling of anticipation for the first time ina long time, I was excited at last a game that has no rules, and all the of the features are exactly what the gaming community have been waiting for, this is the one, this is the game ideal most pvpers hold in there heart...

Im worried though because everquest was a game that had this potential once although far from what is being attempted now in features it was the first step in sort of a sand box mindset, in the end it degenerated because of cries from the blue server/wow type crowd. At what point will the cries from this crowd begin to influence the game...it cant be allowed to happen, everquest and the wow genre are the tragedies of mmorpgs. I couldnt bear another loss...this game is so promising in that regards we cant let it go to crap, we must defend it against the peace bunnies or else well have safe zones and all the things we hate eventually creeping in the game.

===============

See what i mean? You simply used older game (from my perspective had success) to add weight to your rants with the interwabs word *carebears* .You're crying about people that cry.How cute is that?An open , no law ,full loot mmorpg won't ever work.

You're claiming that a game will turn to *crap* if the *carebears * take over.Do you simply understand? They aren't making the game for you but for a lot of people.So a game require a bit of both.The extreme and also a feeling of security.The flagging system is perfect.If you're to scared to tuen red.Maybe you're the *carebears* and should go back to play pokemon online.

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452

Worst thread of the week.

No wonder they removed your precious reputation point.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

OP just seemed to keep going and going and going about the subject, despite responses from almost all others that he was worrying needlessly (creating drama) about something that there is no indication of happening to the game.

Eventually, OP was asking, what happens to the game if SV decides to sell it, for heaven's sake, why not ask what happens to the game if a meteor strikes the Earth and destroys 2/3 rds of all human life?  (there's always DF I suppose)

For a supposedly hardcore player, OP exhibited far to much "fear".  He was particularly terrified of some creature called a "carebear", something I'm sure the rest of his brethren found distrubing since they "fear no carebears"

It was probably the fans that removed the rep point, and not the mods.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by joshe

Did anyone looked at OP's replies before answering here ?

Were there at least 1% of sensible replies ?
    It seems that every upset newcomer, which has been given a bitchslap (mostly from a mod) is coming here and start to whine.
    Hope it will stay at this level, because if all those, who got their thread locked started to whine ...

He wasent even bitchslaped, thats the fun part in this thread NONE of us can really see where this attack supposed of happend.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• Cody1174Cody1174 Member Posts: 271

geez you're sensitive. I see no attacking in that thread.

• ZapleafZapleaf Member Posts: 31

In all honesty i think you are more paranoide then anything.  If anything he was agreeing you you.  Get some sleep?

• MalhavokMalhavok Member Posts: 35

Originally posted by Varking

I don't see where you were "attacked" in that thread...

And wasn't that what you just demanded? That they not listen to the whiney carebears?