Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi! I'm Back! ....oh..

Hi, I started playing DAoC a year and a half ago. I was having problems with the program starting up and noone could help me. I canceled my account and went into withdrawl. If the game dosn't work  for me so why would I pay for it? I finaly got over my addiction and completely forgot about it. Then I figured out the problem and fixed it..too depressed about the charicters I lost to start again. Half a year later I see a link to the Herald I left on my parents computer and clicked it. Thats when I found out that my sister was still active in game. I popped in the CD and remembering I canceled/deleted my old account I started making a new one. I entered the CD key and.....drabbit. It appears that my CD key is "already registered with another account". What? I deleted the old account! Thinking that maybe for some reason it was still active I tried to logg in. To no avail.

So now I ask the DAoC comunity, as a humble reborn noob. What do I do?

Comments

• lonelyrobotlonelyrobot Member Posts: 194

your CD key is permanently attached to that old account, so you'll have to re-instate your old account or go out and buy a new copy of DAoC (not all that expensive, as i've seen the platinum edition at target for $15).

• Professor_PProfessor_P Member Posts: 44

Do you mean make an account with the name of the old one? I just tried that and It didn't work.

Or perhaps you mean there is some way to renew it? If so how would I do that?

Edit: Going to sleep now I hope I get a reply tommorrow. This board doesn't look too active but whatchagunnado.

• lonelyrobotlonelyrobot Member Posts: 194

Originally posted by Professor_P
    Do you mean make an account with the name of the old one? I just tried that and It didn't work.
    Or perhaps you mean there is some way to renew it? If so how would I do that?
    Edit: Going to sleep now I hope I get a reply tommorrow. This board doesn't look too active but whatchagunnado.

as far as i can remember, try to log in with your old account. you'll be taken to a screen where you'll have the option to update your billing and after you do so, that's about it. hope that helps.

• CillasiCillasi Member UncommonPosts: 335

CD keys can only be used once.  You should, however, be able to access the original account it was used for by typing in your account ID and password at the log-in screen.  Then you have to update your account (not start a new one) with billing information, etc., and you should be good to go.

• Professor_PProfessor_P Member Posts: 44

Ok that works, now I just need to get my parents to use their credit card.

Thank you both

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446
    You have to use the original Accout name and password that you first used with that CD Key.  Even though you "deleted" that account and cancled and all...the infomation on you stays in their database forever.