Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wurm Online: Non-PvP Server Coming to Wurm

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

The folks at Wurm Online have announced that they will be adding a new non-pvp server to the game at some point in the near future.

I am pleased to announce that there will be a new non-pvp server offering an alternative to the existing kingdom servers. Today I ordered it from the hosting company, and I have also generated a new map.

I cannot give you a launch date at the moment as there will need to be some specific coding written for the server and other issues that need to be worked out first. However, please bear with me, and I will announce a date for it as soon as I can.

Read more here.

Comments

• ultimatum1ultimatum1 Member Posts: 36

Wurm online, although never being my kind of game always interested me. Kinda like a fantasy version of EVE, nothing is given to you, you have to make everything yourself from scratch, all houses and towns are player built etc. I think perhaps a fresh server would be enough to make me seriously try it.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

This is awesome game if you can get past the very steep learning curve. It's like a tale in the desert in steroids plus combat

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Wurm is cool an everything but do they really need another server?

How many servers do a playerbase of 500 need?

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

they will be adding a new non-pvp server

because PvP fails as a profitable gaming concept.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587
    Originally posted by JGMIII

Wurm is cool an everything but do they really need another server?
    How many servers do a playerbase of 500 need?

Heh i know its more than 500 but still they already have 2 servers.  I think what the devs really should do is a big cleanup (maybe a massive goblin horde trashes all the abandoned towns) or something like that isntead of making a brand new server.

Still good luck to them, its one of the best games (complexity wise) i have ever played and i did enjoy discovering how to make new things.  The freedom it offered was immense

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads