Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Allods Online

hobodactylhobodactyl Member CommonPosts: 23

I wasn't able to find any info about this game on MMORPG.COM and I thought it'd be cool if you guys could dig up some info on it. It's a Russian-developed MMO that's coming out next year. Doesn't look too revolutionary, but kinda cool-looking none-the-less :)

http://www.allods.ru/

Comments

• BottmingerBottminger Member Posts: 21

Originally posted by hobodactyl

I wasn't able to find any info about this game on MMORPG.COM and I thought it'd be cool if you guys could dig up some info on it. It's a Russian-developed MMO that's coming out next year. Doesn't look too revolutionary, but kinda cool-looking none-the-less :)
    http://www.allods.ru/

I wait this project too. This is online-continuation of such old games as Rage of Mages I – II (Allods I and II in Russia) and Evil Islands (series of Allods too). It is the first online project of company Nival, but developers have made many good games in the past:

Rage of Mages I - II;
    Evil Islands;
    Etherlords I-II;
    Blitzkrieg I-II;
    Silent Storm;
    Heroes of Might and Magic V (+ addons)
    It will be interesting to look at their new game.

Sorry for my Enlish (

• hobodactylhobodactyl Member CommonPosts: 23

I think it's their first online game they've developed, but I think they have experience running several other MMOs in Russia, so I imagine they know what they're doing pretty well. Thanks for the extra info! :)

Originally posted by hobodactyl
     Thanks for the extra info! :)

No problem, ask, if there are questions. I will try to answer, but I not so well know English. (( Here there are more screenshots, than on an official site (for example last screenshots of fights by the astral ships): http://www.ag.ru/screenshots/allody_online

Sorry for my Enlish (

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

Looks like WoW for Russians.  They'll probably need an English language version of the game, (or at least the website!) to get listed here.

• hobodactylhobodactyl Member CommonPosts: 23

Bottminger: Thanks for the link to the screenshots :D

grimfall: Yeah, I found some info saying they're doing multiple languages later next year, but it's pretty surprising they don't have an english version of the site yet.

Originally posted by grimfall
    Looks like WoW for Russians.  They'll probably need an English language version of the game, (or at least the website!) to get listed here.

Yes, in game a lot of Russian style: architecture, history, the literature, fairy tales (I do not think, that those who is not familiar with Russian culture will appreciate all nuances) … Developers and do not deny, that were guided in the graphic style by WOW though it is clear, that the f2p-project cannot compete to the leader of the MMORPG-market.
    There was a short information, that game is planned in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German languages und that negotiations with the Asian partners are carried on, but no details yet existing. I think, that the English site will appear after there will be a full information in Russian. Now is 1 race and not all classes are not announce. The admission on the closed beta-test today has begun, probably by its results there will be little changes in game.

Sorry for my Enlish (

Allods Online - gameplay

Allods Online - zones in game

Allods Online - architecture in game

Soundtrack to Allods Online creation - an interview with Vladislav Isaev about his collaborate work with Mark Morgan (Fallout, Fallout 2,  Planescape: Torment.)

Sorry for my Enlish (

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Thanks for the heads up.

Now that they have an English-language publisher, we'll look at getting them listed.

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

• DanaDana Member Posts: 2,415

Dana Massey
    Formerly of MMORPG.com
    Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios