Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2 computers, 2 monitors, 1 keyboard, 1 mouse - please give advice

OzigoulOzigoul Member Posts: 50

I been doing some research on the web and I found that best option might be to try to install 'synergy' or 'inputdirector' programs. Has anyone tryed to install and use those transition software? First can be use on any platform as opposed to later only for windows. Any advice would very considered, I am using windows vista on both pc. I will probably connect a latop as well.

I am not sure if any kmv device might help as well, from my understanding most of them requires you to press a switch to change system. However in my case I want to have options to either move mouse to one screen to the other or to press a hotkey on keyboard.

Comments

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

The switch is probably the best method.  Software solutions are usually bad or bloated.

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

There are KVM switches that you use a hotkey (you assign) on the keyboard to switch with if that's your main requirement, but not by moving the mouse over. I have no idea how well the software solutions work.

• OzigoulOzigoul Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by noquarter

There are KVM switches that you use a hotkey (you assign) on the keyboard to switch with if that's your main requirement, but not by moving the mouse over. I have no idea how well the software solutions work.

Do you have any specific model in mind, I will go have a look over the week-end. Moving the mouse from one edge of the screen to the other might be a nice feature. Depending on how fast it is.

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902

Check into Win2VNC or inputdirector.  Id recommend inputdirector

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."
  • EncoREncoR Member Posts: 3

i use synergy, it does the job for me perfectly.