Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Art lovers & critics alike...

OpticronOpticron Entropia Universe CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 74

Everyone's invited to the paticipant art exhibition hosted by First Planet Company in Entropia Universe. There are many talented artists/players in EU and this is your chance to watch and/or buy their work. The grand opening of the exhibition will be May 1st 16:00h UTC and it will end on May 14th. You can find the exhibition in the Academy of Fine Arts in New Oxford, that's the building on the right side of the reindeer statue when arriving from the teleporter.

Comments

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

I dropped by the exhibition with several members of  Dragons Shadow yesterday. There are about 40 entrants in ranging from abstracts to photogtaphy.

I found the piece by Jamhot to be the most entertaining of the lot. Anyone that's been around an ad screen has no doubt heard Mark Kostabi instructing potential students to draw two figures, each with a telephone....  LOL

As with any art show, my reactions ranged from "Huh?" to "Wow!"  :)

AG

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society

• OpticronOpticron Entropia Universe CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 74

Hehe, my vid card couldn't handle the ingame Kostabi lecture before so i hadn't seen it yet, but Jamhot certainly gave it a nice spin :) I also liked the snake lady / burlesk paintings immediately to the right of the entrance as well as all the photographs. Like you said overall alot of wow's :)

• AlphaGeekAlphaGeek Member UncommonPosts: 193

After a few viewings, I have to say that the landscape photo of the waterway is my favorite.

It was hard to pick a favorite though, and Jamhots entry did really strike my funnybone. Still does, actually. :)

Alpha AG Geek
    Founder- Manticore Society