Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Perfect World International: Game Overview Dev Journal

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

The folks from Perfect World International have sent along this developer diary overview of the game and where it stands to date.

Perfect World International (PWI) is the English-based, international version of Perfect World II--one of the most successful 3D MMORPGs in more than 14 countries worldwide. The game is deeply rooted in Chinese mythology and lore.

PWI offers a wide variety of immersive gameplay that set it apart from other MMORPGs. One of the most unique aspects of PWI is its in-depth character customization. Players can adjust every aspect of their face: width, height, eyes shape, lip fullness--everything can be customized to your preference. On par with the customization found in "triple A" console games, players can create and play as anyone--themselves included! This is possible with all of the varied races.

Read the Game Overview Dev Journal

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441

I've played this game for a little while and even spent some money in it. I felt quite lonely in the game. I loved the music in it, and graphisc were ok. Comparing to Atlantica Online that I started to play about 2 months ago, Perfect World is not as 'alive'. Plus mercenary system and unique battle in Atlantica makes it a much more fun game. I wish there wasn't so much gamble in Atlantica though. Either its an ingame boxes or Item Mall there is just gamble in everything. I am back to Guild Wars again.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wyrdewyrde Member UncommonPosts: 54

The game is a lot of fun. It looks nice and you can get quite far without putting any money into it--and get even further if you're patient.

I just feel sorry for the barbarians. They have very few character customization options as the other player class and race combinations. Enough so that even with the fashion options, every tiger-barb looks pretty much like any other tiger-barb.

Try out the game if you have time for the download--it's a great for a break from another game for a while.

Probably one of the slickest run and operated of any of the free to play games.

Though--in some ways unfortunately--the same can be said of PW's marketing.

-w

• EtahEvolEtahEvol Member Posts: 28

It's a typical Asian MMORPG. I've played a ton of these free games, especially the Japanese/Chinese/Korean products, and while they are typically beautiful products with wonderful music, they are all cookie cutter examples of each other. I'm playing the game now and have been for about a week and it is entertaining but I am not sure it will remain so for very long.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952

In the article the game is described as launched in 2008. But on this site's games list it is not shown as launched, does the game list need an update or was this a beta launch maybe?

• randomuser83randomuser83 Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by reanor

I've played this game for a little while and even spent some money in it. I felt quite lonely in the game. I loved the music in it, and graphisc were ok. Comparing to Atlantica Online that I started to play about 2 months ago, Perfect World is not as 'alive'.

We're you playing the US version or the European version?  Cause the US servers are pretty damn congested in terms of players.

Also pretty sure the game list needs to be updated as it came out in Fall 2008 if I remember correctly.

• reanorreanor Member UncommonPosts: 441

yeah there were players around. But as any other asian MMO this one wasn't much different. Just a set of solo quests to kill things to level up, then some PvP at higher levels. In other words asian grind fest without anything special. But it is still game worth a shot. But again comparing to atlantica this game feels like an empty green pool. Not empty because of lack of players, empty becouse of lack of content. And whatever content it has its pretty dull like in most of asian mmos.