Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

amundsen flag

We are trying to get contributer from to donate money to the cause of getting Roald Amundsen's flag which he took to the North Pole and South Pole(also being the first person to go to both Poles). Roald is of importance,to the TSW Community.

To find out more or want to ask questions go here...

www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php 

To donate go here...

www.questfortheflag.com

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Nope. Not a chance.  Not without real world names, faces, addresses of those running the scheme. And what happens if your auction attempt fails?  What happens to the money collected then?

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • chromekatanachromekatana Member Posts: 36
    Originally posted by grunty

Nope. Not a chance.  Not without real world names, faces, addresses of those running the scheme. And what happens if your auction attempt fails?  What happens to the money collected then?

That question has been ask before. Nyte is the one you will want to talk to...

• EkarosEkaros Member UncommonPosts: 367

Yes, also what happens if there is left over money? I'm not sure if I realy appriciate these schemes either. But good luck for them anyway.

• VlainVlain Member Posts: 2

Normally I would agree with people's reservations about sending money to a cause over the internet like this, but in this case ther person organizing the collection (Nyte: www.crygaia.com/cgn/portal_content/staff.cfm ) has built a well established reputation within the TSW community for over 2 years.  He's in charge of running the long standing Cry Gaia Network website, and has been dealing directly with Ragnar Tournquist/Funcom to set up an exclusive interview derived from community questions.

If anyone can be trusted with an endeavor like this it is Nyte - I seriously don't think he's going to jeapordize everything he's worked for up till now just to publicly defraud the community out of a few thousand dollars.

• TiurinnTiurinn Member Posts: 62

You should read these topics:

http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=2994

http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=3015

As far as you can really trust anyone on the internet, he can be trusted. He is kind of the key person of the community, and is known by Funcom.

I think this is a very nice intiatiave, it really shows the dedication of the community. 

Heat, pressure and time. The three things that make a diamond, also make a waffle.
    Also known as Ardanwen.

• PaksPaks Member Posts: 263

Little update.

• chromekatanachromekatana Member Posts: 36

Yes Nyte is a wonderful person. I doubt he would run away and steal the money like yall think since he has a family. :)

Things are going well! And we're getting a lot of press-attention too =)

Heat, pressure and time. The three things that make a diamond, also make a waffle.
    Also known as Ardanwen.

Quoted from Nyte at http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=3184

Exciting news! I've recently been informed that our "mole" inside Funcom has managed to smuggle out some amazing stuff...

• TSW Posters, signed by the TSW development team
    • additional autographed copies of Dreamfall:TLJ, signed by Ragnar Tornquist

These will all be given away at random to anyone who makes at least a $25 contribution* during the May 1st "Money Bomb" event.**

In addition, anyone who contributes over $100 during the event will be eligible to win a "Premium Autograph Package," which includes:

• Autographed TSW Poster
    • Autographed Dreamfall:TLJ Game
    • Autographed Age of Conan Comic Book

These incentives are in addition to the items previously mentionedat http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php?t=3022 . Everyone that has already contributed or contributes after May 1st will still be eligible to win those incentives.

Any questions, let me know!

* Or the equivalent of $25 USD (For donations in other currencies).

** The May 1st "Money Bomb" event will last from May 1st, 12:00 AM until 11:59 PM EDT (GMT -5)

Also known as Ardanwen.

• GargolaGargola Member Posts: 356
    Originally posted by chromekatana

Yes Nyte is a wonderful person. I doubt he would run away and steal the money like yall think since he has a family. :)

He also has information including real life name, positions of trust he has, links to his job.

It's under "transparency"  taking 10k on an internet scam would not only ruin his reputation among gamers, there's a lot for him to lsoe, not to mention the very fact that he would be investigated.  I'd say is as safe as any internet transaction can be, for those interested in contributing, but in any case it's an interesting initiative coming from the MMO gaming community.

Edit: the "wonderful person" part is something you really can't use as base for this on the internet, it takes knowing the person in one way or another, not other people's saying it, the credentials, tho, are a tangible thing.

• PaksPaks Member Posts: 263

Funcom's added some goodies to sweeten the pot on this:

* Autographed TSW Poster

* Autographed Dreamfall:TLJ Game

* Autographed Age of Conan Comic Book

www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/showthread.php

• senadinsenadin Member UncommonPosts: 247

It might be shallow....but how about a beta slot for donations?

Not like it's never been done before!