Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is freaking packed!

JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282

Seriously guys I decided to create  a new character today and Rookie chat had 3400 people in it.

Thats more people then most WoW servers have on at once during primetime.

These are only 30 day old newbs and the game has this many people flying around.

High sec is packed, Low sec is like some crazy ass free for all with gate camps in every direction.

Where the helll did all of these people come from!!!! lol

I think CCP may have to push level 3-4 missions into low sec and spread out valuable ores into low sec so people will stop flooding Empire.

If more and more people join the game CCP is going to need to do something because certain systems already have queues we need to move the older players that sit in empire all day out to make some room for these guys.

Playing: EvE, Ryzom

Comments

• maritpramaritpra Member UncommonPosts: 43
    Originally posted by JGMIII

Seriously guys I decided to create  a new character today and Rookie chat had 3400 people in it.
    These are only 30 day old newbs and the game has this many people flying around.
    High sec is packed, Low sec is like some crazy ass free for all with gate camps in every direction.
    I think CCP may have to push level 3-4 missions into low sec and spread out valuable ores into low sec so people will stop flooding Empire.
    If more and more people join the game CCP is going to need to do something because certain systems already have queues we need to move the older players that sit in empire all day out to make some room for these guys.

Seriously, you compare a game that has 1 server to a game that has 100+ server and say that there is more pop? LOL

• JGMIIIJGMIII Member Posts: 1,282
    Originally posted by maritpra

Seriously, you compare a game that has 1 server to a game that has 100+ server and say that there is more pop? LOL

Dude I used it as an example to say right now our game is kinda full. This isnt a Eve v WoW pop thread now please go back to your simple ass game and let my buds on the eve forum contribute to it.

• TerminatrTerminatr Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by maritpra

the OP is not saying it has more pop overall, but more pop per instance. i mean as far as a wow player is concerned, they are only dealing with 3k concurrent users per server. eve is only one server but has roughly the same pop per instance.

• SpoonpottSpoonpott Member Posts: 180

What he's also saying is that most people are in High sec, which is mostly true. There needs to be a way to populate low sec a tad more.

The rules of Debate are really simple; once you have to stoop to insults instead of facts, logic, or reason to try and win your argument, you've lost.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

OP ppl stay on empire because dont whant to take big risks moving lvl 3/4 in low sec dont help to much

for example u remember CCP when said we put lvl 5 in low sec then lvl 6 and lvl7 ??? quess what there is not lvl 6 or lvl 7 because there is a small % of ppl that do lvl5 so CCP saw that moving missions in low sec= fail

some ppl dont want to take risks and many of them prefer less and secure that more and risky

BestSigEver :P

• m240gulfm240gulf Member UncommonPosts: 460

Eve Online has a massive internet add campaign going on.  Tons of websites that I frequent have adds for Eve Online, places like Foxnews.com lol!  Really weird to see Eve Online being advertised on some places, break.com has nothing to do with MMO's yet I always see adds there.  I suspect this is why you are seeing all these new people in high sec space. 

This is good news though, it means Eve is going to keep growing, more revenue for CCP to keep building up Eve into the empire they have yet to invision.  I just hope technology is kind to them so they can still maintain a single server shard, fingers crossed!

I Reject your Reality and Substitute it with My Own!

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Spoonpott

What he's also saying is that most people are in High sec, which is mostly true. There needs to be a way to populate low sec a tad more.

True. You go out in 0.0 space, where all the action should be, and it's like a ghost town. My last route had 18 jumps in 0.3 and below and I never ran into a single player. Sad.

EDIT; It's getting to be just like WoW -- people are only there to play dress-up, but with ships. Yawn.

• ronpackronpack Member Posts: 138

the only people who take risks in Eve is people who are in player owned corps that make a lot of money and travel in groups. what's funny is seeing gate campers run away as soon as they know a group like that is coming to kill them...

they remind me of crack dealers who station people down on each side of a road to call them and let them know when cops are coming lolz

and the only reason I know anything about that is because I used to paint the outside of low income houses and watched these low lifes deal crack... I swear, if cops were smart, they would do what I was doing. just paint houses. they would bust so many people!

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by cfurlin

Originally posted by Spoonpott

True. You go out in 0.0 space, where all the action should be, and it's like a ghost town. My last route had 18 jumps in 0.3 and below and I never ran into a single player. Sad.

EDIT; It's getting to be just like WoW -- people are only there to play dress-up, but with ships. Yawn.

The reason people don't go there is because there are some hardcore PVP'ers just around the corner, and they will take you down hard and fast.

I'm starting to notice the fashion show tbh.

Alot of newer players just rushing into a BS for level IV missions, these guys have no risk what so ever (sorry players ninja salvaging isnt risk).

With my Alt i watch these guys, A pretty BS with tech 1 weps and only a month or two old.

I think if these guys had more of a risk they wouldnt rush so fast into a big ship.

It bugs me a little bit that their are so many players in High sec that can fly such nice ships and only really have to worry about a suicide or some Wardec.

What should CCP do? should they just cave in and expand Empire? lessen the risk in Low sec? All i know is the hardware will freaking explode once Ambulation hits if these guys dont get off their ass and actually do more then sit pretty showing off ships in empire.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344

Alot of newer players just rushing into a BS for level IV missions, these guys have no risk what so ever (sorry players ninja salvaging isnt risk).

With my Alt i watch these guys, A pretty BS with tech 1 weps and only a month or two old.

I think if these guys had more of a risk they wouldnt rush so fast into a big ship.

It bugs me a little bit that their are so many players in High sec that can fly such nice ships and only really have to worry about a suicide or some Wardec.

What should CCP do? should they just cave in and expand Empire? lessen the risk in Low sec? All i know is the hardware will freaking explode once Ambulation hits if these guys dont get off their ass and actually do more then sit pretty showing off ships in empire.

I pray daily that CCP will not dumb down this game just to get more subs. That seems to be the trend with MMOs these days.

EDIT: correct spelling.

• forinboyforinboy Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by ronpack

the only people who take risks in Eve is people who are in player owned corps that make a lot of money and travel in groups. what's funny is seeing gate campers run away as soon as they know a group like that is coming to kill them...
    they remind me of crack dealers who station people down on each side of a road to call them and let them know when cops are coming lolz
    and the only reason I know anything about that is because I used to paint the outside of low income houses and watched these low lifes deal crack... I swear, if cops were smart, they would do what I was doing. just paint houses. they would bust so many people!

House painting, cops and crack all in one EVE Online thread.  I never thought I would see the day.  Two people owe me money now.

• TenchiMuyoTenchiMuyo EVE Online CorrespondentMember Posts: 22

I've been playing EVE for over a year non-consecutively. There are a lot more people playing now, then there were when I first played. But I think this is a good thing. When I first joined, the economy in EVE was terrible. There was a huge imbalance between new players, and other players. Now, as I play a new character, without using a main's help, I notice my experience is better. I still have the knowledge, and experience from when I used to play, but I'm still quite 'new'. The highest ship I've played, was a Raven. I never played any Tier 2, or Assault, or Recon's. I notice there's more freedom now than there used to be, and there's a more open expansion. Eventually, the population will peak however. It will not be a good thing neccessarily when this happens, as there is only a limited space in EVE. There's only so far you can expand, and with a possiblity of infinite players in this finite space, it can be tough.

We'll experience even more crowding than there is now. The economy will get even 'better' though. More people will do L5 missions, and there will be cheaper implants. More salvaging will be done, and the parts will be worth less and less, and can be bought for equally less. Something will have to happen, to 'nerf' the economy. It will need a change. I'm sure a lot of you can agree with me, when I say EVE Online has possibly the most sensetive, and complex economy when compared to most mainstream and non-mainstream MMO's.

Certain tools like EVEMon, and EFT, as well as websites like Battleclinic, aren't helping the problem either. They're making the game too easy. If you can automatically find the fitting that works best for PvP, or PvE for your ship, then test it out in a fitting tool, and set up your skills to get everything, there becomes a certain constriction to EVE, that takes away it's ability of awe and customization. If a random new player can see how to make a great Cruiser, or Battlecruiser fitting for PvP, and then join up with a big Corporation, and go out on a low-sec roam/raid, EVE loses the ability of surprise and even 'prevents' in a sense, the danger of losing your ship. I remember not knowing much about fittings when I first played, and built a Caracal PvP ship. I went into Pakkonen, a 0.4 sector near Kakakela/Sobaseki, and got my a** handed to me, and my frozen corpse left to float in space indefinately.

With people unwilling to experiment with their own fittings, the loss of a ship is much more difficult; and much more unlikely. These things are part of the reason we see the EVE economy working the way it is, and the reason CCP will eventually have to work out some plan to fix this. EVE has become too popular for itself; and sadly they may have to change some things.

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976

on topic:

It's great to see people interested and the game growing. I am one of those people that spends a lot (read almost all) of time in empire and it suits my current goals. I am currently Science oriented and the best Research Agents for Quantum Physics and Gallentean Starship Engineering are in highsec space, so it makes sense for me to grind standing for them. The datacores I generate are used in our highsec POS. I could live my whole EvE life without heading into lowsec if I were so inclined.

While my goals and playstyle are suited to highsec space, I am sure there are numerous other reasons to live there. That said, I think CCP has done something to get highsec players interested in lowsec space. To illustrate this I point at worm holes. The worm holes that I have been in have all been 0.0 space so I am not sure if there are other security levels. We've gone on corp mining/gas runs and had our share of runins with Pirates. Sure it is not the traditional gate-camp-running adventure, but, for a number of people in my corp, it was their first real taste of PvP. So, perhaps wormholes will server to whet people's appetites for that sort of action.

off topic:

Why would ambulation cause the hardware to 'explode'. I mean, essentially, it can be unteathered from the space portion of the game and exist on it's own cluster using the same database on the backend.You wouldn't really see any more database calls then the currenty inventory/fitting ones since one player can only participate in one activity (ground or space) at a time.

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

Originally posted by mklinic
    off topic:
    Why would ambulation cause the hardware to 'explode'. I mean, essentially, it can be unteathered from the space portion of the game and exist on it's own cluster using the same database on the backend.You wouldn't really see any more database calls then the currenty inventory/fitting ones since one player can only participate in one activity (ground or space) at a time.

heh I don't mean litteraly.

After Apoch released we had system queues everywhere and while they've died down in the passed few weeks I'm sure we will get a whole bunch of players once Ambulation drops.

While they will shard the space station portion of the game I strongly believe after a few hours that new car smell will wear off on the WIS feature.

CCP is basically going to give us empty stations with empty plugins that we could fill with shops, bars and game rooms.

These stations will take a while to fill (like everything that is sandbox it needs to grow and evolve a bit) so imo most players will be in space doing what everyone is doing now.

If we had queues with Apoc do you think CCP wont have trouble when player activity hits an all time high in the fall?

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

i've noticed a very large influx of new pilots in low sec. More then half of my targets are barely a month old

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• mklinicmklinic Member RarePosts: 1,976

heh I don't mean litteraly.
    After Apoch released we had system queues everywhere and while they've died down in the passed few weeks I'm sure we will get a whole bunch of players once Ambulation drops.
    While they will shard the space station portion of the game I strongly believe after a few hours that new car smell will wear off on the WIS feature.
    CCP is basically going to give us empty stations with empty plugins that we could fill with shops, bars and game rooms.
    These stations will take a while to fill (like everything that is sandbox it needs to grow and evolve a bit) so imo most players will be in space doing what everyone is doing now.
    If we had queues with Apoc do you think CCP wont have trouble when player activity hits an all time high in the fall?

haha, well good rule of thumb: something is going to break after a major patch. I wouldn't say it would be a hardware issue so much as a coding issue ;)

Specifically, those system queues did not seem due to an influx of new players. Jita for example, was hardcapped at 300 players. Previous to the patch i would see 700 in there during off peak times. This was directly after the patch and I can't think that there was a giant trial/subscription rush right at that moment and that every new player headed straight for Jita.

Now, to be upfront, I don't have any inner knowledge of the code or how things work at CCP. I am jsut basing my opinion on what i read from CCP staff on the various stickies they were posting in the forums at the time of the issue. So, take it for what it's worth. Personally, I will be very hesitant to bother with ambulation those first couple weeks it is out ;).

-mklinic

"Do something right, no one remembers.
    Do something wrong, no one forgets"
    -from No One Remembers by In Strict Confidence

Originally posted by tvalentine

i've noticed a very large influx of new pilots in low sec. More then half of my targets are barely a month old

That's good that's means a lot of the new players have balls.

If we have more gung ho pilots joining Eve im happy.

What I dont want is another 20-30k sitting in mission hubs in high sec for an eternity.

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

What I dont want is another 20-30k sitting in mission hubs in high sec for an eternity.

like i always say is not CCP fault that new player dont go to low sec or 0.0 the corps that live in low sec/0.0 fail to recruit them :D

BestSigEver :P

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785
    Originally posted by cosy

like i always say is not CCP fault that new player dont go to low sec or 0.0 the corps that live in low sec/0.0 fail to recruit them :D

Tru dat....It's almost impossible for the solo player to move into low/null sec. Still, it's where the real action and money is for most (not all) players. The funny part about low/null sec is how much of it goes unseen, especially the industry, as people are trying to hide their goals and capabilities.

I have no problem w/ people running missions in empire or doing what ever makes them happy and I love EVE's market hub's, but if someone wants to move deeper into the game that navy issue raven isn't going to really help. :)

• boognish75boognish75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,540

Yeah, a fresh server wouldnt hurt, I think maybe they could pull off haveing another server, I was in que waiting to get on last night, it was annoying me, by the time I could get in the server I had to cook dinner for the kids.

playing eq2 and two worlds

• pihlssitepihlssite Member CommonPosts: 213

first of all wow servers are virtual servers 
    CCP cluster is one big thing that nearly now over 2 tons

• pihlssitepihlssite Member CommonPosts: 213

yea the server is cramped with people now its nice too see it I remember the days when 5000 online was much..

The bad stuff is when you getting people from other mmorpgs they tend to think lets have the same attitude against others as I had in the other mmorpgs like wow.

insult people badsmacks talks and then they hit 00 sec and Boom the lost there bs hehe and there pod in a sec.

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808
    Originally posted by boognish75

Yeah, a fresh server wouldnt hurt, I think maybe they could pull off haveing another server, I was in que waiting to get on last night, it was annoying me, by the time I could get in the server I had to cook dinner for the kids.

You clearly have never played Eve if you believe a new, fresh server wouldn't hurt the game. A new server would in fact destroy and Eve and CCP.

If you get put into a queue when logging in just log out and try again. It's always logged me in the second time.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

I pray daily that CCP will not dumb down this game just to get more subs. That seems to be the trend with MMOs these days.

Already in process, EVE goes mainstream.
    PVP is getting nerf after nerf, more secure space is getting boosted and worked on.