Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for some info.

cag1980cag1980 Member Posts: 78

Hello there,

I am looking at playing SW:G, going to download the trial,  just wanting to know if there is any point in starting just now, what with the old republic coming at some point.

What is the best/most populated server for EU player.

I understand that there are SOE haters on the forums due to changes made to the game in the past, but i am looking for opinions from people who are currently playing the game.

Thanks

Comments

• BadgerSmakerBadgerSmaker Member Posts: 629

Hi cag1980,

It has been confirmed that SWG will be running alongside TOR so you can rest assured that SWG will be around for many years to come.

I hope that helps.

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

www.massively.com/2008/10/27/soe-responds-to-the-announcement-of-star-wars-the-old-republic/#continued

Be good to read the whole interview with smed about the maybe sunsetting SWG, of course it just depends on if the new game steals their current subscribers.  I'm think a lot will just play both, have some buddies that said they would do this because the new star wars game might not have everything they like in it, either way whatever makes em happy.

also

www.massively.com/2008/10/25/star-wars-galaxies-looks-to-the-future-with-hoth-bioware/

People from Lucas feel the games can live together so maybe SWG won't go away, When is the last time Sony actually closed an mmo lol..anyways decide for yourself with the info given.

One more thing i don't think badger mentioned smed said anything. =)

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• cag1980cag1980 Member Posts: 78

Thanks for the replies folks. :)

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925
    Originally posted by Scalebane

www.massively.com/2008/10/27/soe-responds-to-the-announcement-of-star-wars-the-old-republic/#continued
    Be good to read the whole interview with smed about the maybe sunsetting SWG, of course it just depends on if the new game steals their current subscribers.  I'm think a lot will just play both, have some buddies that said they would do this because the new star wars game might not have everything they like in it, either way whatever makes em happy.
    also
    www.massively.com/2008/10/25/star-wars-galaxies-looks-to-the-future-with-hoth-bioware/
    People from Lucas feel the games can live together so maybe SWG won't go away, When is the last time Sony actually closed an mmo lol..anyways decide for yourself with the info given.

One more thing i don't think badger mentioned smed said anything. =)

Badger didn't say Smed specifically...but Smed is the one we all know commented on the game once TOR was announced. 

You are right...SOE has never closed a game however SWG is a game in which they do not own the IP so take that for what is is worth.  

Both games may coexist for awhile but I really can't see them competing for long. 

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor