Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC for current and next gen MMOs?

2»

Comments

• noquarternoquarter Member Posts: 1,170

Originally posted by Antipathy
    Guys - calm down. Take a deep breath.
    I've already made my decision about RAID - i.e. that load times aren't so important to me so I won't be buying it. Now if you still feel angry with eachother can you go and hold your pissing match somewhere else?

You shoulda seen the other thread we destroyed :)

• Sir_DripSir_Drip Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by noquarter

Originally posted by Antipathy

Guys - calm down. Take a deep breath.

I've already made my decision about RAID - i.e. that load times aren't so important to me so I won't be buying it. Now if you still feel angry with eachother can you go and hold your pissing match somewhere else?

You shoulda seen the other thread we destroyed :)

LOL...

• Dreadknot357Dreadknot357 Member Posts: 148
    Originally posted by noquarter

Pretty sure you posted "Faster loading. fact" Everything I've read and my own tests show it's not a fact at all. If you want to say "fact" you have to back it up. I posted relevant benchmarks, and yes the above benchmark is outdated but the concept and execution of RAID0 is unchanged, plus the other benchmark shows the same results with newer/larger drives.

There are plenty of more technical RAID reviews that show where a RAID excels - database/web servers and dealing with large data streams. The more technical RAID reviews don't even consider how a RAID performs in games because it isn't relevant.

Yes, I considered my RAID very likely suffers from a poor hardware/software implementation but between 2 benchmark results and my own results the average RAID is likely to fall in the same category. I used to think RAID0 helped but I honestly never noticed a speed up in load times long before I even read about its ineffectiveness and the benchmarks only reaffirmed my own suspicions. You claim all my knowledge is from reviews, yet you want me to take your 'review' to heart as well? At least reviews I read are backed by data and unbiased testing.

Performance tests on your Gateway...do you know justice, or the PC' community.

Sorry its just the way it is....

"Beauty is only is only skin deep..." said the AMD/ATI fan. "Blah..Thats just what ugly people say..." said the Intel/Nvidia fan. You want price / performance, use the dollar menu..